Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Why not change it to something more accurate like "B2's Personal Troll". I've actually had other posters PM me about your tendency to follow me around on these boards and make comments that have nothing to do with the thread's subject (i.e. trolling)

You aren't that important to me that I would follow you around. I think I've actually agreed w/ you a time or two. My monkey on the other hand....

Big Gay Al:230761 said:
If the bad guys know you have a gun they are going to shoot you first. So go a head and open carry I'll shoot at the bad guys as they are shooting at you.
Actually, what's more likely to happen is, the BG sees my gun, goes to pick on an apparently softer looking target. Comes across you, pulls gun, holds you up, takes your wallet and your gun, and maybe even beats the crap out of you, or shoots you for daring to carry concealed in the first place.

Have a nice day. :smile:

Yup,

I don't conceal carry because I will be targeted for looking like an unarmed victim, they will surprise me with a gun and I won't have enough time to draw, they will then beat me half to death, take my money and my gun. Its common sense, its happening everywhere to everyone.

rchance:230793 said:
I don't see any wrong in it especially when you can grab your weapon faster since it's not hiding under anything. Why would you want to mess with a guy or girl with a gun?

Some of the gang members in this forum believe its extra points from their homies if they target OC...it happens a lot apparently...we just never hear about it...............ever.................

I don't like Boxxy, I'm more old fashioned. So here is clip from the old TV show Rawhide:

Trollin’ Trollin’ Trollin’

Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

Full Lyrics

Trollin’, Trollin’, Trollin’
Rawhide!

Originally Posted by B2Tall
Why not change it to something more accurate like "B2's Personal Troll". I've actually had other posters PM me about your tendency to follow me around on these boards and make comments that have nothing to do with the thread's subject (i.e. trolling)

You aren't that important to me that I would follow you around. I think I've actually agreed w/ you a time or two. My monkey on the other hand....
Seems to me, the pot is calling the kettle black. :smile: And I'll bet he wonders why I put him on my ignore list.....no, wait, he IS my ignore list. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't like Boxxy, I'm more old fashioned. So here is clip from the old TV show Rawhide:

Set 'em out, ride 'em in

Full Lyrics

Rawhide!

Here's your YOUTube one...
RC Round Up !Very Funny! - YouTube

'Must be made in Texas....

haha, that's funny stuff indeed. Wouldn't be a good afternoon to sit with a cold one and march cows around with a radio controlled car? ...ok, maybe I'm easily amused.

Hardly. I don't go following people around, hounding them incessantly. If I did, I wouldn't have an ignore list. :smile:

But you do go around making contradictory and/or questionable statements. And you do run and hide when somebody asks you to explain them. And you do resort to troll-calling when all else fails. I'll let you in on a little secret, Al.....it's not trolling when somebody asks you a question that's relevant to the discussion at hand. You may not like the question (nobody likes being trapped by their own words) but that doesn't make it trolling. So I'll ask again:

1. Why do you feel the need to be "more alert" when OCing than when CCing?
2. How can you tell an anti-gun person or an anti-OC person just by looking at them?
3. How can you tell if somebody has noticed your OCed gun??

You see - all relevant questions in response to some very clear-cut statements you've made. No insults, no getting off-topic, no posting silly videos, in other words....no trolling. At least not on my part. Are you ever going to answer my questions?

I like the idea of oc but I don't think the country is ready for it. I have friends that support the 2ndA but when I discuss CC with them they act a little nervous when they find out I "always" carry. Some of them ask "even now" and I just say "always". Even if i was allowed to OC I don't think I would. I really like people not knowing.

The nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered!

MYGLOCK:234294 said:
I like the idea of oc but I don't think the country is ready for it. I have friends that support the 2ndA but when I discuss CC with them they act a little nervous when they find out I "always" carry. Some of them ask "even now" and I just say "always". Even if i was allowed to OC I don't think I would. I really like people not knowing.

The nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered!

The nail that hides will eventually get lost...and no one will care to find it...

threecentermass:234312 said:
If the bad guys see you are armed, Guess who the first target is going to be ?....Don't lose your advantage.

Oh I know I know!!!!! Someone other than the guy that can kill them...so obviously not the open carrier. Don't create a disadvantage by hiding your gun under stuff.

If the bad guys see you are armed, Guess who the first target is going to be ?....Don't lose your advantage.

I just hate stepping over the dead bodies of the open carriers who have been shot first when going into 7-11.

The real-world answer to your question, BTW, is the unarmed store clerk behind the counter.

Your 1st post and you're spouting unsubstantiated nonsense
2v2z1o8_th.jpg

Set 'em out, ride 'em in

Full Lyrics

Rawhide!