Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

TIME OUT! I need to go to the store for more popcorn, and pop.

I like how creating, believing, and spreading myths, lies, and unsubstantiated claims is not considered bashing (or trolling in any forum). But defending against those claims, defending our rights, is considered bashing.

Firefighter- I appreciate you reading my posts, but you continue to reply to every post I make when they are not directed at you.
Example- I ask Big Al a question, you reply for him.
In a different thread, I debate with Navy and you reply for him.

I know you are eager to reply to many of my posts but you do not need to answer questions posed to other fellow forum members.

If I direct a post at an individual by quoting them and directly engaging them, please let them respond for themselves.
Thanks

Firefighter- I appreciate you reading my posts, but you continue to reply to every post I make when they are not directed at you.

I know you are eager to reply to many of my posts but you do not need to answer questions posed to other fellow forum members.

If I direct a post at an individual by quoting them and directly engaging them, please let them respond for themselves.
Thanks

Somebody's gotta defend Al's POV 'cause he certainly can't do it himself. I tried to get him to explain some of his comments and he called me a troll (what a surprise) and then ran and hid.

How come you dont sound your troll alert when certain people bash concealed carry in the concealed carry forums?
Probably because I'm not in there as much as I'm in here. If I was, I'd be shouting "Troll alert" to the roof tops. :smile:

Actually, I'm usually playing EVE Online, more than I'm in this forum at all. :biggrin:

I stopped arguing for concealed carry in the open carry forums a while ago so there is no need to ask me.
Most of us who OC, also CC, or at least, many of us started out CCing. No one needs to argue for CC. It is still a viable method of carry. But many of us have found OC to be more "comfortable," and it also serves a political purpose as well. Myself, I don't OC for political reasons. I prefer OC for the simple convenience. With OC, you don't have to dress to hide the gun. The gun is more like an accessory to your wardrobe when you OC.

When you CC, it's more like carrying your wallet. You try to figure out the best place to put it, so you can reach it when you need it, but you don't want it poking you when you sit down. Also, you want it some place safe so pick pockets can't get it.

(For all the trolls, that's an analogy I stated above, not the gospel.) :biggrin:

Deserteagle:234874 said:

Thanks

Actually I read all the posts, not just yours. If you want a single answer from someone, pm them, don't post in a public forum. Until then, you will just have to deal with my posts or ignore me.

If legal in your state I think it is the carrier's prerogative to open carry. While I do not open carry I think you have that right. This topic has been so beaten up that it is almost a useless topic. For me to attempt to stop someone from open carry is like me trying to take their gun rights away.

Most of us who OC, also CC, or at least, many of us started out CCing. No one needs to argue for CC. It is still a viable method of carry. But many of us have found OC to be more "comfortable," and it also serves a political purpose as well. Myself, I don't OC for political reasons. I prefer OC for the simple convenience. With OC, you don't have to dress to hide the gun. The gun is more like an accessory to your wardrobe when you OC.

When you CC, it's more like carrying your wallet. You try to figure out the best place to put it, so you can reach it when you need it, but you don't want it poking you when you sit down. Also, you want it some place safe so pick pockets can't get it.

(For all the trolls, that's an analogy I stated above, not the gospel.) :biggrin:

Thanks for your response. I think the main reason I CC is because open carry is not common where I am, and its also illegal in downtown. And because its not common (never seen anyone open carry actually), I just want to blend in is all. Not saying that open carriers stand out that much, but I still want to just blend in with the crowd when Im out and about. I love open carrying outside of the city though.

Thanks for your response. I think the main reason I CC is because open carry is not common where I am, and its also illegal in downtown. And because its not common (never seen anyone open carry actually), I just want to blend in is all. Not saying that open carriers stand out that much, but I still want to just blend in with the crowd when Im out and about. I love open carrying outside of the city though.
I always say, to each his or her own. Some prefer OC, some CC. I only object when SOME people try to tell me that MY choice is wrong/bad. What works for me, doesn't necessarily work for them.

You live in/near an area where OC is not all that welcome, so you CC. I fully understand. If you are faced with the choice of either CC, or risk arrest because of some stupid law, you CC. As long as you carry. :smile:

If you are faced with the choice of either CC, or risk arrest because of some stupid law, you CC. As long as you carry. :smile:

What I think is sad is when a person conceals carry whent they would rather not because they risk arrest because of some stupid law ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.

What I think is sad is when a person conceals carry whent they would rather not because they risk arrest because of some stupid law ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.

Stupid people are in every population. Police departments hire from that population. Some stupid ones get hired and we see them in the news. It is important to note these stupid ones do not represent the whole police force any more than the stupid people in our population represent our whole population.

NavyLCDR:235023 said:

Sad indeed. When the biggest threat to a law abiding open carrier is an Leo, one wonders how they (Leo's) got such a skewed view of power. I have an idea of why, but there are already a couple threads on that topic. Even if a small percentage in the police department account for the true stupid ones, the majority are indifferent, and that's not much better than stupid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back