Why Competion and Bullseye Shooting Will KIll You

What I see here is somebody unable to hold the eight ring at fifty feet, one handed, attacking others for being able to hold the ten ring.

It's not about self-defense.

shooting at someone fifty feet away is going to be hard to justify as a self defense shooting J/S

shooting at someone fifty feet away is going to be hard to justify as a self defense shooting J/S
A person given to thought would perhaps conclude that somebody who can hold the ten ring on a regulation fifty foot target at fifty feet, would be less likely to miss and hit the wrong person at seven yards.

A non-thinking person would just beat his chest.

pot kettle black
Translation: "I can't shoot very well and here are my made up reasons why that doesn't matter, and furthermore how actually being able to hit your target with precision is a BAD thing."

You're like a guy who draws genitals on bathroom walls dismissing Da Vinci's technical drawings because people would rather see naughty bits anyway...

Show me one (1) self defense case that distance from the threat was a negative factor in the ruling for the defendant when using lethal or almost lethal force.

50foot is only 16yds. or also known as small arms range AKA very close...

John

John

Translation: "I can't shoot very well and here are my made up reasons why that doesn't matter, and furthermore how actually being able to hit your target with precision is a BAD thing."

You're like a guy who draws genitals on bathroom walls dismissing Da Vinci's technical drawings because people would rather see naughty bits anyway...

Sorta reminds me of a co worker he bought a custom made "Wisper" and then added a silencer.

When I asked him why? he said, "if I'm shooting at something they don't know it"

I told him it's a lot cheaper to learn how to shoot, if it's dead it doesn't know you shot at it either.

Sorta reminds me of a co worker he bought a custom made "Wisper" and then added a silencer.

When I asked him why? he said, "if I'm shooting at something they don't know it"

I told him it's a lot cheaper to learn how to shoot, if it's dead it doesn't know you shot at it either.
Assuming that he's not involved in combat, why would he be shooting at somebody without them knowing it? If I ever have to shoot somebody, the odds are overwhelming that they're going to know exactly why, even if there's an off chance that they might not know who (shooting an active shooter in the back, for example).

People have some very strange "ideas", and even stranger rationalizations for them...

Of course Ohio just legalized hunting with silencers, but I'd wager that's not what he had in "mind".

A person given to thought would perhaps conclude that somebody who can hold the ten ring on a regulation fifty foot target at fifty feet, would be less likely to miss and hit the wrong person at seven yards.

A non-thinking person would just beat his chest.
a neanderthal is unable to grasp that speed AND accuracy is the key to winning a gunfight. if you couldn't hit a damned at 50 feet has no bearing on being able to clear leather and spitting rounds into an adversary in a second or less.

Show me one (1) self defense case that distance from the threat was a negative factor in the ruling for the defendant when using lethal or almost lethal force. John
bwahahahaha, you go and shoot someone from 50 feet away and tell me how it works out for you. how exactly would you make a case that your life was in imminent danger?
50foot is only 16yds. or also known as small arms range AKA very close...

John

John
we are not in the military nor are we leos. as far as I know lethal force can only be brought into play in the most dire situations, in most situations someone 50 feet away is not an imminent threat.

you are incapable of making a comment without being insulting {plonk**

a neanderthal is unable to grasp that speed AND accuracy is the key to winning a gunfight. if you couldn't hit a damned at 50 feet has no bearing on being able to clear leather and spitting rounds into an adversary in a second or less.
I'd bet that a Neanderthal could hit an Irish elk at fifty yards with a thrown rock, more times than you could hit the right target at twenty feet with a handgun. All of your bloviating strikes me as mere excuse making for a lack of basic skills.

Your inability to hit a target at fifty feet (never mind fifty yards) doesn't mean that nobody else should be able to.

bwahahahaha, you go and shoot someone from 50 feet away and tell me how it works out for you. how exactly would you make a case that your life was in imminent danger?

we are not in the military nor are we leos. as far as I know lethal force can only be brought into play in the most dire situations, in most situations someone 50 feet away is not an imminent threat.

Sir,
In fear of my life has no limits on distance. If I can run I will, if I can get away in any way I will, but if I can not the threat will be engaged.

So once again, take away your interpretation of fantasy and show me case law..

John

Any mass shooting scenario, whether be in a mall, school, restaurant, Navy base. That ain't that hard to figure out.

I'd bet that a Neanderthal could hit an Irish elk at fifty yards with a thrown rock, more times than you could hit the right target at twenty feet with a handgun. All of your bloviating strikes me as mere excuse making for a lack of basic skills.

Your inability to hit a target at fifty feet (never mind fifty yards) doesn't mean that nobody else should be able to.

what does any of this have to do with being a proficient at self defense shooting??
answer.... NOTHING

They think the ultimate goal of all shooting is to put rounds through the same hole in paper.

On what do you base this claim? I've done a bit of competition shooting, yet I understand that shooting paper isn't the ultimate goal of all shooting.

Ignorance FTL.

you should keep shooting at static targets and making nice little groups, but don't even believe for a moment that NOT training for quick action, getting the gun into play and rounds into the target in less than a second or so is most foolish. 2 seconds in a gunfight is an eternity and all you target shootings are in for a big surprise, if you survive the encounter.

This is like saying that batting practice is detrimental to a baseball player.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back