Why Competion and Bullseye Shooting Will KIll You

while you're lining your sights up your adversary is pumping rounds into you. if you train you learn how to put the rounds where they need to go quickly.
open your closed mind, maybe you'll become safer when outside of a range
Proof that Point Shooting works in combat
A real time gunfight. Who wins, who dies?
How to get a fast, automatic, and correct sight picture.
Grab Gun - Point finger - Pull Trigger

No one here is debating the value of scenario driven, combat based training. Everyone recognizes that it is a good and effective tool. All that those who disagree with you are saying is that target shooting is not as bad or useless as you seem to believe.

Tell me something, when you first get a new weapon in your hands do you go immediately into reflexive fire drills? Or, do you take the time to familiarize yourself with the feel and operation of the weapon at the range? If you jump straight into move-and-shoot drills, please post when and where you'll be doing so in order for the rest of us to avoid the range that day.

There are scenarios where you would be justified shooting at 50' or more!
Don't you understand??? HE can't do that, so nobody ELSE needs to know how!

Remember if you can clean the 50' NRA slowfire target, you're a "keyboard commando"...

This is like saying that batting practice is detrimental to a baseball player.

I never said practice was bad, I said focusing on tight groups from 50+ feet away does not prepare you for a SD battle. read what I say not how some nimrod misinterprets the comments

I never said practice was bad, I said focusing on tight groups from 50+ feet away does not prepare you for a SD battle. read what I say not how some nimrod misinterprets the comments

You're trying to argue that doing these things will kill you. Is being killed no longer a bad thing?

5' to 50' is a reasonable parameter to get accurate hits! IF your 80% accurate at 5' you should be 80% accurate at 50'

Competition will not hinder or hurt you in a self defense scenario.

If you have only been target shooting on a static range all your life and do very well at that, thats great, it may give you false confidence in your ability to handle a self defense scenario.

Your training must be in context and there is much more to this than just firing a few rounds once a month, mindset and training is a huge part of this equation.

You're trying to argue that doing these things will kill you. Is being killed no longer a bad thing?

try reading for comprehension, the point being made was that ONLY practicing putting tight groups at 50 ft. will get you killed

5' to 50' is a reasonable parameter to get accurate hits! IF your 80% accurate at 5' you should be 80% accurate at 50'
not only do you need to train to be accurate you need to train on getting the weapon on target as fast as it can be done. it is a process, clear your cover, clear leather, put rounds onto target.
for me 80% is not good enough. 99.99% is the only acceptable percentage of rounds on target.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back