Whats your Favorite Knife

I got 3 favorites... too bad I can't carry any of them.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

I came across one called the Parry Blade. It was designed by some British gent I think while he was in the SAS. Looks like it can do it all, cut, chop, slice, pry, cut metal, hammer, saw etc. It has thick bolo-bowie blade so it is big and heavy. It looks like a well made do it all survival knife but it is expensive at 325.00 but could be the last knife you'll ever need or buy. If I had the money I would have one in my arsenal.

My EDC is a Benchmade auto. Technically illegal to carry while I'm not on duty or in uniform but I've carried it every single day for almost 5 years with no issues. Only needs sharpening every few months. I love benchmade knives, especially because they offer a 30% military discount. I also have several Kershaws (I got free from the factory working a toys for tots event there) and a couple CRKTs.

Smith & Wesson extreme Ops. This was my duty blade when I worked checked baggage with the TSA (couldn't take it past the security checkpoint, and the forum uploader won't let me post a picture of my knife, so I have to use this stock photo).

sw50tbs.jpg

My EDC is a Benchmade auto. Technically illegal to carry while I'm not on duty or in uniform but I've carried it every single day for almost 5 years with no issues. Only needs sharpening every few months. I love benchmade knives, especially because they offer a 30% military discount. I also have several Kershaws (I got free from the factory working a toys for tots event there) and a couple CRKTs.

Benchmade Infidel? That's my favorite knife. Not my go to knife, but my favorite.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I hate knives that are hard to sharpen, and I especially hate losing expensive blades (I lost two during SWAT training alone) which is why I can't recommend the Spyderco Delica or Endura, even though they are such awsome knives. The SOG Flash II assissted opener is, so far, the best carry knife I've had. I deploys very fast. BUT!! I had to disassemble and remove the "safety" because carrying it clipped in my trouser pocket always seems to engage it, not allowing me to open the knife at all with a one-handed draw. So, careful if you do this mod. It's short serrated edge touches up easy by running a kitchen steel down each groove a few times, and the strait edge responds very well, and quickly, to the inexpensive Uncle Mike's double-sided diamond field hone. The knife and the hone are less than $50 at Walmart. It's a good set up if you are frustrated with your own.

I have a Smith & Wesson Oasis. Surgical Steel blade, it works great! I really like it! I wish it was made in USA! Which manufactures are American?

If you mean for EDC, I carry Spyderco and Benchmade. Both US-made.

Benchmade 5000 auto-Presidio (G10 scales, 154CM blade)
Benchmade Mini-Griptilian 550HG (G10/CPM-S30V modified sheepsfoot)
Spyderco Para-Military 2 (G10/CPM-S30V)
Spyderco Delica4 (Ti scales, Damascus VG10 blade)
Spyderco Chaparral 2 Ti CP152TI (Ti scales, CTS-XHP blade)

those are my EDC rotation.

yeah I got my auto-presidio from BM with the military and NRA LOD discounts stacked. Made for a pretty decent price.

My problem with S&W is the wide disparity in quality of their knives. Some are decent (I have an ExtremeOps knife that's OK) and some really suck (I got a multi-tool/tactical folder combo set from S&W, and the knife is junk. Some Chinese 440A piece of junk that won't hold an edge to save it's life.)

I hate knives that are hard to sharpen, and I especially hate losing expensive blades (I lost two during SWAT training alone) which is why I can't recommend the Spyderco Delica or Endura, even though they are such awsome knives. The SOG Flash II assissted opener is, so far, the best carry knife I've had. I deploys very fast. BUT!! I had to disassemble and remove the "safety" because carrying it clipped in my trouser pocket always seems to engage it, not allowing me to open the knife at all with a one-handed draw. So, careful if you do this mod. It's short serrated edge touches up easy by running a kitchen steel down each groove a few times, and the strait edge responds very well, and quickly, to the inexpensive Uncle Mike's double-sided diamond field hone. The knife and the hone are less than $50 at Walmart. It's a good set up if you are frustrated with your own.

There are two fields of view when it comes to knives: do you want a good hard steel that retains its edge for a long time but is a beotch and a half to sharpen, or do you wish to have carbon steel that is very easy to sharpen but doesn't retain the edge for a long time.

Me, I prefer carbon steel. I'd prefer to be able to sharpen it easily when it needs it, then to need to sharpen it and have to spend a long time doing so with diamond stones.

I carry a puma lock blade,simple, light,seratted and made in germany.High quality steel a little tuffer to sharpen but holds an edge.

any one have an opinion on comparison of a kershaw 1550 blackout or a kershaw blur ? and i'm looking at the plain blade, definitely not the partial serrated

My favorite knife is the "butter knife". Give me a slab of pure butter on a nice hot home made biscuit anytime. A real delight.
After that I carry a folding lock blade I've had so long I don't remember the manufacturer, it's worn off.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back