Whats your Favorite Knife

Got my first Hinderer... XM18 3.5". Nice knife, feels solid.

I like the SOG "Flash" assisted opening. It has about a 3-3.5" blade, composite handle, ambi-pocket clip (adjustable) and holds a good edge. I also like the Leatherman "Wave". Best design of theirs yet, has 2 knife blades you can access without opening the tool.

I have several clip knives, but my favorite is definitely the Smith and Wesson Assisted Opening SWAT Medium, partially serrated. It stays sharp, opens fast, and the serrated blade is great for cutting rope and such in a hurry. I also have a S&W border guard (about ten inches long when open), but it is too big for EDC. A gerber mini paraframe rounds out the collection, and is great for small jobs.

My brothers have Gerber or CRKT clip knives, and overall I prefer my S&W. The CRKT flexes a lot when in use, where the S&W is rock solid, even when abused a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

I have several clip knives, but my favorite is definitely the Smith and Wesson Assisted Opening SWAT Medium, partially serrated. It stays sharp, opens fast, and the serrated blade is great for cutting rope and such in a hurry. I also have a S&W border guard (about ten inches long when open), but it is too big for EDC. A gerber mini paraframe rounds out the collection, and is great for small jobs.

My brothers have Gerber or CRKT clip knives, and overall I prefer my S&W. The CRKT flexes a lot when in use, where the S&W is rock solid, even when abused a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

I have the Smith and Wesson Assisted Opening SWAT as well, but prefer the SOG Flash. It is essentially the same knife except that the SOG has a polymer handle so it weighs about half as much. At least if the S&W is the same, mine has a silver colored handle with some black rubber grip inserts.

One perk in the Coast Guard is we could always justify the expense of a knife in the marine environment. I have a collection that cost me not one single dollar (but about 25yrs of my life :unsure:)

i giving a serious look at a kershaw whirlwind 1560 plain blade.
any one have any pros / cons. i have spyderco, buck and gerber so looking for something different.
i know it's a revised copy of the blackout 1550; just added 3 little holes (for ??reason) along the top of the blade.
and the blade seems a bit thicker than the 1550

I think I already posted on here, but just found one of my favorites while cleaning the closet, The Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Double Bevel Covert folding dagger. Got this in the service for use during search and rescue. It is a little large for pocket carry, and probably illegal due to the blade length, but it is well made, balanced and holds an edge perfectly
Here's what it looks like:

Link Removed

Link RemovedLink Removedbought the kershaw whirlwind (the one made in the USA) and i'm not disappointed. rugged, SHARP, lifetime guarantee, opens fast. not one that you would likely in dress slacks (although i do) figure it will last me a long time...

Last edited:
I carry two, my benchmade nimravus II, which is there purely for sd and rarely gets used, and I have a small Gerber fixed blade that I took the original rubber handles off of and cord wrapped. The Gerber functions as a multi tool and has been through hell and back and is used daily. The benchmade however IMO is knife perfection, the balance and feel are incredible and the 154-cm crucible steel is tough as hell and holds a damn good edge.

My EDC knife has differed allot since I've been old enough to carry one but I always come back to my Buck 110. It's a great general purpose knife, very durable, sharpens up very well and it's got that classic look. But most importantly, its Made in the USA.

It depends on what I'm doing as to "favorite". For daily carry - Schrade, Swiss Army, Leatherman.

US Made knives (not limited to) .
Buck knives
BUDK
Cold Steel
Emerson
Gerber
Kershaw
Leatherman (Portland, OR)
Microtech
Rick Hinderer Knives
Schrade - the ones I own were US made
SOG
Spyderco (nice and sharp, some with serrated blades)
SUAREZ INTERNATIONAL

Good knives not made in the US (ones I know personally):
Boker - I have some of these. Ceramic blades. Lightweight, razor sharp.
Victorinox Swiss Army

I prefer the Butter Knife, especially with a large plate of hot, Homemade Biscuits !

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back