What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters
357 occasionally 38+p

Last edited:
Extender would probably be a better term. Allows a lot of room for a third finger on the grip. A lot better than the 2 round extenders.
For a G26/27, the best "extender" is a G19/23 mag, and, for the G19/23, the best "extender" is a G17/22 mag, IMHO. I have never used those 2-round extenders. They work perfectly for the additional fingers...... Whenever I'm carrying a G19/26, my backup mags are always full-sized G17 mags...

In my humble opinion the caliber to carry is the one that you can accurately shoot in the handgun that is comfortably carry and will carry. If you try to fire a cartridge that jerks too much (you are too far off target to get a quick 2nd shot) in a handgun that is too heavy you are in a self defeating prophecy. You will not carry it and therefore you will not be in a position to protect yourself and your family. Just my two cents worth.

I carry a Bersa .32 acp and find it the perfect gun. With low recoil follow up shots are easy and loaded with FMJ they will do the job well.
This country needs to get more into the .32 acp, for many years it was number one in Europe and was also used by police and Army.
We have fallen in love with larger calibers, by overlooking the .32 acp we are making a big mistake. If more people were to shoot the .32 they would find it an excellent caliber. Re-think on the .22lr and .22 magnum also, they will defend you at close range too. Stop over-looking these calibers. :triniti:

Who said that a 9mm is not a good self defense calaber?..........

My CCW instructor is a consultant to the state police crime lab and runs a lot of their ballistics. He is a former Navy Seal and trains many of the local police forces on handgun use. He is 100% against 9 mm, because it won't penetrate car fenders. A local person was killed later in the day after a police shoot out with the BG didn't stop him. He got away to later commit that murder. The investigation showed that had their ammo been able to penetrate the fender of the auto the BG was behind, the BG would have been stopped. The police locally now use .45 ACP.

My instructor personally uses a PD351 .22 mag revolver and swears by it. He has about every caliber weapon, but prefers the .22 mag for CCW self defense. I am not sure I agree with that as a choice for CCW.

That is at least one person and an entire state police force with an argument against 9 mm and no one can fault his credentials.

Well that makes since because LE is going back to 9mm and the military is going back to .45 ACP. By "makes sense" I mean it makes no sense at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I picked the 9 simply for availability. Used world-wide, I believe it is less likely to become unavailable than .45 if US politicians get even less sensible.

I love my Walther PK380 loaded with Speer Gold Dot Ammo. I have every other weapon stated on this forum and I still carry my Walther .380.
Bill

At different times of year (different clothes) and in different situations I carry different guns. Depending on the weather and where I am going to be you may find me carrying anything from 380 to 9mm to 40sw, but no matter where you find me carrying I can guarantee you won't see me carrying ;)

As of now my favorite is my Bersa Thunder .32 acp and my Kel Tec P-32 .32 acp. I have become a huge fan of the .32 acp. At close range it will do well and with low recoil follow up shots are fast and easy. I now see why the .32 acp was so popular in Europe for many years. I have a .380 and 9mm but they just sit at home while the .32's go with me. People in the U.S. should not overlook the .32 acp, it's a good caliber.
:triniti:

As of now my favorite is my Bersa Thunder .32 acp and my Kel Tec P-32 .32 acp. I have become a huge fan of the .32 acp. At close range it will do well and with low recoil follow up shots are fast and easy. I now see why the .32 acp was so popular in Europe for many years. I have a .380 and 9mm but they just sit at home while the .32's go with me. People in the U.S. should not overlook the .32 acp, it's a good caliber.
:triniti:

Just to make sure anyone inclined to take advice from this poster knows who and what he is:

cluznar said:
...Another good way to help gun control....

...As for gun bans, without a doubt assault rifles must be banned, citizens have no need for assault rifles in an educated society.

I used to carry a 9mm. Rugar SR9c. Great carry weapon. Always preferred a .45 though but only had larger types. Then I bought a Kimber Ultra Raptor II. I LOVE it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back