What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters
I tried to do a lot of research when I decided to get my concealed weapon permit. I found out that the military had already done the research when they decided on th 45ACP in the early 1900s. I had already decided on a Glock to be my carry weapon because of the reliability and ease of safely carrying it. Due to an injury I had suffered some years earlier, carry weight was very important. If you carry an auto pistol it is imperitive that you carry at least 1 extra magizine. So I decided on a Glock-27, 40s&w, which comes with two 9 round mags, giving me 10 rounds in the weapon. I also bought a Glock-22, also 40s&w, which came with
two 13 round mags. One of those magazines would be my spare magazine because it's size would be hidden away in my pocket. Over a period of time I've bought several high capacity magazines,so by now I have several. Although many people say you should load your magazines down 1 or 2 rounds, I keep the ones I carry fully loaded. I keep 2 or 3 spare magazine springs handy, but so far I have
not had to replace any. I do rotate the mags I carry on a regular basis, and I also test them at the range regularly.
I am not advising anyone to keep their mags fully loaded if they don't want to. I am just telling you what has worked for me. I give all the credit to Glock for the long life of my springs.

Last edited:
WAY out in front. no, the military hasnt done any research that proved anything about the .45, either. The Thompson-LaGuarde "tests" were a joke, and Laguarde, in his later book, LIED about the tests (a LOT). General Hatcher was just guessing, using LaGuarde's bs and Cooper did nothing further, either. A GOOD 9mm load, like the CorBon 100 gr, is MUCH better than .45 ball. the 230 gr .45 jhp's dont expand in flesh, at 850 fps. That's why 200, 185, and 165 gr .45 jhp's EXIST, actually. SOME people recognize the facts of life, others just want to listen to bs stories.

I can guarantee you that the .22lr and .25 ACP are carried a LOT more than this poll would indicate. :)

I carry 9mm 60% and 45acp 40%. It depends on my mood, clothing and if I can carry a larger gun. I live in Detroit so I always have at least one weapon with me. I'm thinking about carry a 22cal as a second gun for dog walks. It's much easier to get good hits with those little cals. Cakeyes

Hopefully, when you pull your gun, you never have to hit anyone at ALL, much less to vital areas with a powerful load. Regardless of the circumstances, on average, you just wrote a check for at least $50,000 if you hit somebody with a bullet, if you want to stay out of prison and not be sued out of every dime you ever make. Just ask OJ if you can be acquitted and then lose the civil case afterward!

Hopefully, when you pull your gun, you never have to hit anyone at ALL, much less to vital areas with a powerful load. Regardless of the circumstances, on average, you just wrote a check for at least $50,000 if you hit somebody with a bullet, if you want to stay out of prison and not be sued out of every dime you ever make. Just ask OJ if you can be acquitted and then lose the civil case afterward!

OJ is a sociopathic killer so thats a really bad example. There have been thousands and thousands of deadly force cases that have been justified in the civilian and LE realm without civil liabilities. Your posts are questionable at best. If I pull my firearm its going to be used. If you want to use yours to scare or dink around to avoid being sued, so be it. If I pull my gun things have already gone horribly wrong and now its time to let the lead fly.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

okay, dude you want to foot the bill for the people who live in places where it's NOT so "gun-friendly", hmm? What I said is VERY good advice, what YOU said can and will get a lot of people in a lot of trouble, while you just keep on spreading bad info.

okay, dude you want to foot the bill for the people who live in places where it's NOT so "gun-friendly", hmm? What I said is VERY good advice, what YOU said can and will get a lot of people in a lot of trouble, while you just keep on spreading bad info.

Warning shots fired in the air are pretty dang stupid too.

says you. they work pretty well. Every month, the NRA mag posts at least one example of a warning shot (or at least, a miss) that sufficed, as sell as many cases where just showing the gun sufficed.

MANY punks "think" that the guns' not real, not loaded, not a rd in chamber, not cocked, or you wont fire at aman, etc, cause they know of such cases. When you DO fire, they get those mistakes out of their head, REAL quickly.

MANY punks "think" that the guns' not real, not loaded, not a rd in chamber, not cocked, or you wont fire at aman, etc, cause they know of such cases. When you DO fire, they get those mistakes out of their head, REAL quickly.

Yes when I fire and send a round into their torso one would tend to stop making mistakes.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

I agree the sub-cal are easy to get on target, I like a gun with a good tigger. Like a PPK/S, I even worry about my Karr CM9 when I work on double taps. Those DA's are a bit slow for me. Anyway I only carry sub cal when my dress demands it or it's my 2nd or 3rd pistol. 45acp first, 9mm second. I try to stay away from the high pressure loads, ie. 40cal,10mm, 357. Ect... Same reason follow up shots are off a bit. CK Detroit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back