What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters
I like the flexibility of a .357 mag revolver. I would mostly carry .38 P+, but could put .357 mags in if really wanted more umph.

Hi new to this thread I went looking for a good conceal weapon and stumbled across this. I have been shooting since the age of 14 and am now 52 just to give you a time frame. I own a semi auto 22 marlin a Ruger super Blackhawk 44 mag with a 71/2 in barrel, obviously a little large for concealment although I do have a shoulder holster that will conceal it under a long coat in the winter, and a 12 ga savage arms which I have hunted with since the age of 14. I would like to complete my collection with a 45 auto for concealment. Even though I live in one of the last States in this country, Illinois! not to have conceal carry which makes me sick. The last vote we had for concealed carry in Illinois was defeated by one vote from you guessed it a Chicago politician. We are hoping to try to get it pushed through again with different results, and I would like to be ready when it happens. Anyone have any good suggestions for a reliable accurate slim fit for conceal carry 45cal auto. I have heard Springfield Arms makes the most accurate but the models I have looked at so far seem to still be a little large for concealment. Any Suggestions

I have a Springfield 1911 and I love it. It is way more accurate than I am, for a .45 out of the box it is impressive to say the least. And you can't go wrong on the price of them. Kimber and Colt are great firearms but Springfield has all they have at a lower price. If you can find a Loaded model grab it up, thats what I have and I would buy another in a heartbeat if I had the bucks.

Check out Bersa.com Bersa makes some nice .45 guns, both full size and compact and they stand behind them.
Also look at the Stoeger Cougar .45 a very good shooting gun.

:yes4:

It has been said the 9mm isn't good for self defense, however I know no one willing to test that theory!!

I live in Puerto Rico and is always summer, I carry .40 (Glock 23C) & .45 ACP (Glock 30SF), sometimes .38 SPL.

Sent from my Glock 23C using Tapatalk.

Both of my current carry guns are 45. The wife is getting a new one though, I might start carrying her 9. Kinda debating.

I'm comfortable carrying just about any caliber really.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Who said that a 9mm is not a good self defense calaber? There are a bunch of people out there that would strongly disagree with you on that comment. Now a .380 is marginable at best but will do in a pinch or make a good BUG. With the ammo out today a 9mm is a formidable round.

Again people it is not the size or speed or construction of the projectile it flat out is the placement of the shot and if you have the ball's and training to stand your ground and put it there.
Bill

I agree, before the .40 was popular eveyone said that the 9mm was the thing to have. Now if it doesn't start with a 4 it just won't work. Its shot placement plain and simple.

I also believe the .380 is a decent carry gun. There is some real nice defensive ammo for the .380 now.

But the most popular caliber is the one you carry that saves your life when you need it. We have actually made guns into more of a game than they need to be. ANY gun can kill you with accurate shot placement.

:neo:

I agree with cluznar, any gun thaat you carry on a regular basis is a good gun. We have said this over and over and still come up with the same answer. Some people have this my gun is bigger than your gun syndrom when it is completly unnecessary. When it comes down to it a 380 in your hand is a darn fine weapon if thats all you have.

I had a Charter Arms .40 but didn't like the trigger on it so I traded it for a Mossberg 590 12 gauge shotgun and bought a Smith and Wesson .40 Shield for my carry gun. Couldn't be happier with both new guns.

I've had the gun for a little over a year now and other than unloading during practice I've kept both mags loaded most of the time. Hasn't caused me any issues yet. If anyone here thinks I should unload them to give them a break for a bit I'll listen to that (well aware I still have a lot to learn).

I keep it loaded for home defense (only handgun right now) so one mag will always be loaded up and ready to go but I can let the spare rest. I doubt I'll need all 34 rounds for home defense or anything else for that matter.

I am a retired fed. I have five mags for my S&W 5904. The newest mags have been loade for ten years and the oldest have been loaded for twelve years. The gun/mags were in storage for ten years due to an overseas assignment and lengthy recovery from an illness I developed there. For the last eight months I've been to the range on average of twice a week, shooting at least three mags. All mags have functioned flawlessly. I have heard the problem with springs comes from the flexing they do when you are shooting. bTW, I am burning up ammo that is between 10-20 years old and the ammo functions fine, too. At some point I will need to replace the mag springs, but they are still going strong.

NRA Membership

Where does one find all of the categories of membership such as the $10 Ambassador NRA membership? It seems as if only the full priced memberships are given prominence on their website.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back