What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters
People in the U.S. should not overlook the .32 acp, it's a good caliber.
:triniti:

"People in the US?"
That finally explains a LOT!
What country do you reside in or are you an immigrant?
Waiting for your green card to come through?

ETA: I traded my MP .40 for a nice Kahr CW9!
Single stack, 9mm and light as all "get out"!
7 or 8 rounds of 9mm +p and an extra mag and I'm good to go!
I can't believe just how comfortable this gun is!

Sent from behind enemy lines..

Last edited:
I have several guns. My favorite CC is my H&K USP 40C. IWB and I am ready to go. If for some reason it doesn't conceal properly I have a Taurus Pt111 9mm duo tone. I now have my eyes on a Springfield XDS 45 3.3. Getting it tomorrow........can't wait.

Well I have an update.........I just picked up a Springfield XD-S 45 3.3. I can't wait to go shooting tomorrow. It feels great and is extremely concealable and light weight. I will update again after putting it through a day of shooting

OK here is my update on my new Springfield XD-S45. It is an awesome weapon. Will be a great CC weapon, it is light and very comfortable. Hardly tell it was there

I've carried everything from a 22 LR to a 45 ACP...in my 40 years of licensed conceal carry. The older I get the more confident I am in swinging a sledge hammer instead of a tack hammer... 45 ACP for me..

I think the jump to 45 ACP for most people was done over a lot of thought. Ive carried a 45 ACP for 50 years. First in the military and then after retiring, in civilian life. Ive carried and own 22 25 acp, 38, .380, 357 mag, 40 , 44 mag, 9mm, and 45 ACP. I always fall back to 45 ACP.. Now at 70 years of age , I trust my life to 45 ACP . Not that any of them cant do some damage, but the 45 offers the best advantage for me.... I don't want to argue my choice... I'm just offering my choice as my choice of 50 years. When I was younger, and still a tough guy, I use to carry a weapon based on my attire, summer or winter... Now I dress according to my weapon which for the last five years has been exclusively 45 acp summer or winter. At my age I don't want to be wrestling with some 350 lb thug jacked up on drugs, carrying three 9mm rounds and just pissed off and still coming.

Don't know if anyone has seen this or shot it yet, but I think this might be my nest purchase.
SIG SAUER
The pistol disassembles in just a few seconds into its constituent parts, and the entire metal chassis of the gun — the serialized part that is technically the “firearm” in the eyes of the ATF — slides completely free of the frame. You can have an arsenal of different options from 9mm / .357SIG / .40S&W (.45 Coming Soon), and you can change barrel length and frame size to go from sub-compact, compact and full size. All pretty cool, if you only consider it as one gun that's just adaptable to whatever your current carry needs or ammo availability are; but the thing I like is the money you can save on q-tips trying to clean gun that don's come apart like this.

Favorite ccw pistol

I've carried everything from a 22 LR to a 45 ACP...in my 40 years of licensed conceal carry. The older I get the more confident I am in swinging a sledge hammer instead of a tack hammer... 45 ACP for me..

In my 53 years in law enforcement and currently remaining a Ohio State Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor and NRA firearms instructor I stress the point of "if a firearm is too heavy to carry all the time, then you have the wrong firearm."

My every day carry handgun is the smith and wesson model 340PD, If you are not familiar with it, please do a google search for it, if you wonder if my statements come from a person with credentials that are real, please google me.

thanks

pat
Link Removed

another option

Don't know if anyone has seen this or shot it yet, but I think this might be my nest purchase.
SIG SAUER
The pistol disassembles in just a few seconds into its constituent parts, and the entire metal chassis of the gun — the serialized part that is technically the “firearm” in the eyes of the ATF — slides completely free of the frame. You can have an arsenal of different options from 9mm / .357SIG / .40S&W (.45 Coming Soon), and you can change barrel length and frame size to go from sub-compact, compact and full size. All pretty cool, if you only consider it as one gun that's just adaptable to whatever your current carry needs or ammo availability are; but the thing I like is the money you can save on q-tips trying to clean gun that don's come apart like this.

I own several Glock pistols, Versions 1, 2 and 3. I have found out that Wolf makes after market barrels for the Glock pistols. If you own a version prior to the 4the generation in 40 cal, you can buy barrels for the 357 sig and the 9mm that will fit into your compatct 40 cal glock 23 or your 40 cal glock 27.

I have found this to be enjoyable to fire my 40 cal 23 using my 9mm barrel (of course you have to use a 9mm magazine with the 9mm barrel, and use the 40 cal magazine with your 357 sig barrel)

You can save money by using the 9mm change in your 40 cal Glock.

Just some a simple method to save on range cost.

thanks

pat

I own several Glock pistols, Versions 1, 2 and 3. I have found out that Wolf makes after market barrels for the Glock pistols. If you own a version prior to the 4the generation in 40 cal, you can buy barrels for the 357 sig and the 9mm that will fit into your compatct 40 cal glock 23 or your 40 cal glock 27.

I have found this to be enjoyable to fire my 40 cal 23 using my 9mm barrel (of course you have to use a 9mm magazine with the 9mm barrel, and use the 40 cal magazine with your 357 sig barrel)

You can save money by using the 9mm change in your 40 cal Glock.

Just some a simple method to save on range cost.

thanks

pat

If you didn't check out the P320 pics, the best part (since I couldn't afford multiple barrels or frames anyway) is the ability to clean it thoroughly. I know for a fact that no matter how much I clean my pistols, without submerging them in a solvent there are places I can't clean well without complete disassembly. It looks like you could not only get to everything better, but you could actually drop the whole assembly in a mild solvent if needed and not worry about damaging you frame, the bluing on your barrel or slide, etc. you could definitely use a can of spray solvent with a nozzle to get every nook and cranny. I like the assurance that a potential malfunction from lack of thorough cleaning would be greatly reduced too.
-
Upgrading the trigger (if needed) would be a snap too.

I carry a condition 2 Ruger SR22 every day as my ccw. I can put 148 out of 150 rounds in a 6" circle at 50'. I prefer accuracy over firepower. Anyone who say a .22 "is to small or has no stopping power" can volunteer as a test subject and we can answer this age old question. A liability waiver will need to be signed! I once heard "stopping power" is when you start shooting someone with any size bullet, they will STOP what they're doing. For anyone who's ever been shot at, did you ever stop and think about what caliber firearm was shooting at you while rounds are flying towards you? I feel that unloading 11 .22 rounds center mass is enough to stop anyone. .

Very good MHas I see another person who realizes that small calibers can be very lethal if needed. I carry .32 acp and find it to be accurate and easy to get shots off also. People should not overlook .22lr, .22mag, and .32 acp as carry guns, or also as home defense. Bravo Bravo!
:dance3:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back