What Kind Of AR Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics!

Please explain to me what makes a carbine an AR. I am brand new to this section of shooting and would like to know. The Windham is the old Bushmaster. The Bushmaster is the new Remington.
The S&W 15-22 is NOT a ar. Try putting the upper on a ar lower or a upper on the 15-22 lower. It may LOOK like a ar but it is not.

My first AR, just have a couple more things to add and I'm done.

Link Removed

Huldra Arms Tactical Evo 14.5'' with Magpul Furniture.

I wasn't talking about the S&W. Of course a 22lr is NOT an AR. It's a fun gun.
The Windham is the AR.

I really want to get my hands on a M&P15 MOE Mid MAGPUL FDE. Anyone know of a retailer that sells them for under a grand? Cheaper than dirt has them for about $985 but only the black and they are always out of stock. Any help would be appreciated!

Link Removed

psa4.jpg

PSA-Aeroreceiver.jpg

First one is my Colt 6450 in 9mm. Second is my PSA upper mated to an AeroPrecision bottom. Both shoot great.

Link RemovedLink Removed

S&W M&P15 Tactical, just got it. First thing I want to do since its cheap is replace the grip and get a matching front grip along with some extra mags.

S&W M&P15 Tactical, just got it. First thing I want to do since its cheap is replace the grip and get a matching front grip along with some extra mags.

I came THIS close to getting one of these. Went with the Rock River Arms LAR-15 "Elite Operator" cause it came stock with chrome bolt, two stage trigger as well as Hogue Grips and some other bells & whistles I wanted. Sometimes I regret not getting a lighter platform though

I have a Palmetto State Armory (PSA) PSA 16'' PA-15CR Carbine. It has a Midwest Industries one piece 12", SS2 , free float rail, PSA collapsible, 6 pos. stock; Magpul folding buis front and rear,Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel Chrome lined barrel ,16"..1 in 7 twist. I added a Busnell TRS 25,3 moa red dot, and purchased C-products ,stainless steel mags. Just had it a couple of weeks, been to the range once. I really like this weapon, shoots like I expected, [A.TTACH=CONFIG]8150[/ATTACH]Link Removed since post added: Magpul enhanced trigger guard; Hogue rubber pistol grip; GG&G vertical foregrip; VTAC sling;

Last edited:
"What kind of AR do I have?"............................One that most likely will soon be banned.

A lot of posts here, through many years... quick question (probably no quick answers): I want to practive cheap at times, so are the 22LR conversion kits bad for some or all AR's? Are AR's "standard" enough in build that most will accommodate the 22LR conversion kits? Is there a make/model that still, when new, is closer to what I used in my Army days (ETS in 2001), M16A2, on the lower (not concerned about the stock and upper being... as generic as I had in the Army.

Given recent events, my wife (go ahead tease me) is now anxious (because of concerns over our rights and protection in the future) to allot about $1,000 to an AR-15 and conversion kit if those kits are not a bad thing on the rifle to get in some cheap practice on training her about handling/etc. She'll have to shoot the 5.56 (same as 223?), I get that, but often we'd go 22LR too.

Stock Lower: Spike's Tactical Stripped (Spider w/ bullet markings) and Spike's standard LPK
Stock Upper: Spike's Tactical 16" Midlength w/ M4 handguard, A2 FSB, sling crap, etc.
Mods:
DSA 6-position milspec buffer tube w/ standard buffer and spring
Midwest Industries Gen 2 Two-Piece Drop-in Free-float midlength handguard
Magpul "furniture" includes: CTR Stock (milspec), ASAP sling plate, MS3 sling (non-QD), MOE grip, MOE trigger guard, MIAD grip plug (AAA batteries for my red dot), rear BUIS, XTM rail covers, BAD lever
Lucid HD7 red dot sight and Lucid L-2X (2x screw-in magnifier), Butler Creek lens covers

Link Removed

Also have a partial build going with another Spike's lower (which I purchased the day of the CT shooting), PSA LPK, MOE grip (FDE), MOE stock (FDE) w/ DSA buffer tube etc. and an MOE trigger guard. Thinking I should place an order for a foregrip too just in case. Trying to find a 6.8mm SPC II upper assembly (for a reasonable price with a BCG, couldn't care less about no charging handle since they are a dime a dozen around here). Stag is taking backorders but I gotta pay up front for something that I might not get til August (or ever, depending on the climate), to hell with that. It's like chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Additions

I have a Palmetto State Armory (PSA) PSA 16'' PA-15CR Carbine. It has a Midwest Industries one piece 12", SS2 , free float rail, PSA collapsible, 6 pos. stock; Magpul folding buis front and rear,Chrome Moly Vanadium barrel Chrome lined barrel ,16"..1 in 7 twist. I added a Busnell TRS 25,3 moa red dot, and purchased C-products ,stainless steel mags. Just had it a couple of weeks, been to the range once. I really like this weapon, shoots like I expected, [A.TTACH=CONFIG]8150[/ATTACH]Link Removed
Added a Bushnell Banner 3-9x40mm scope. Ordered a Hogue ar 15-16 rubber grip and a GH&G vertical foregrip.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back