What Do You Carry?

A G-27 or 36 for every day carry with a Taurus 9mm back up and a G-21 and AK in the car

I spent 15 years carrying a customized Glock 26 with tritium sights everyday in medical practice. Now that I am retired I probably do not go "in harm's way" very often so I am lazier.
Being in South Florida where clothing is usually sparse frequently makes it a challenge concealing a larger firearm.
My constant companion is now the ultra lightweight S&W scandium Mod 340pd in 38SPL.
At a mere 12 oz it disappears in a pocket or Galco IWB. I sent it to APW Cogan for trigger work and two tone finish.
Unless I am insane or want to dislocate my wrist I would never load up 357mag. Five cartridges of Speer 135gr HP for short barrels with a speed strip and five more in the front pocket.

It will never jam and always goes "bang":laugh:

Yes I do clip on the Glock 9mm if a trip to Ft Lauderdale or Miami is unavoidable but that would be logical.
Glad to join the forum.
Welcome fellow South Floridian!

I was accused of not carrying today by someone who knows I usually do. As is the norm, it was my Taurus PT 1911 .45 and in the Galco waistband ITP. Concealed by shorts and a t-shirt. Build has a lot to do with how well you can conceal it. Even passed a local LEO in the grocery store later on. Concealed carry means just that.

My carry gun

I carry a SIG P239 in a SOB holster by Horshoe Leather Co. The SOB holster is the best no-print carry for me.

I carry a Tautus PT 140 Millenium Pro in a Kirkpatric IWB holster and I usually have my Ruger P94DC or my wifes Judge in the truck.

A G-27 or 36 for every day carry with a Taurus 9mm back up and a G-21 and AK in the car

And ak in the car? Do you live in mexico city or syria?

S&W 442 airweight w/ federals in a don hume pocket holster (i love this holseter, top notch but not spendy)

Randall

I carry a SIG P239 in a SOB holster by Horshoe Leather Co. The SOB holster is the best no-print carry for me.

I really like sob for my sig.... But I am in and out of a vehicle all day ! And I dind it bothersom... What do you do@ work?

Glock 30 with Meprolights, loaded with 230gr Winchester Ranger T-Series, carried in a Galco Royal Guard or a Crossbreed Supertuck. I alternate between that and a Glock 27 with Meprolights and a CT Lasergrip, loaded with 180gr Federal Tactical HST, carried in a Galco Summer Comfort or a Galco Concealable.

Glock 26 or LCP

Depends on where I'm going. Casual I carry a Glock 26 IWB. Or if clothing allows a Glock 19 OWB under a jacket. If I need it deep I resort to my LCP in my front pocket. When sporting I carry my Beretta P9 OC

At the house I carry the Glock 19 OC

And ak in the car? Do you live in mexico city or syria?

S&W 442 airweight w/ federals in a don hume pocket holster (i love this holseter, top notch but not spendy)

Randall

No, I thought that it would do and haveing the Glock, Mosin, 12 Gauge, and the AK was a bit much, so I took out the Mosin and 12 Gauge:laugh:

Stevenr64

Hi I carry a colt government model MK IV series 70 45 cal in a DeSantis holster
or a Glock 26 in a blackhawk shoulder holster, I like the Glock 26 in the shoulder
shoulder holster

Glock 27 with night sights, laser & extended magazine in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. Also, a Ruger LCP in a poly molded holster.

Comfort and stopability

I've tried carrying my .357 S&W but it is too big for most clothing save my carry jacket which can carry most anything but is only useful in cold weather.
My S&W model 39 9mm with a simple inside the trouser holster is my normal carry and with the ammunition carried I feel I'm fairly well armed without being weighed down or obvious that I'm carrying.

Kimber Ultra Raptor .45 IWB around the 2:30 position seems to work the best for me for comfort, concealability, and draw speed.

Depends on the season, my wardrobe, and where I'm going. Could be my Sigma 9VE, KT PF9, Rossi 462, Taurus 85UL, or even my little PA HP22A. Usually it's some combination of these.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back