What Do You Carry?

I CC a Glock 26 and keep a Glock 23 under the seat, and when I run, I wear a NAA.22 Mini revolver. I may be down on the ground but hopefully I could have the ultimate "surprise" close encounter. I am so glad I rediscovered this site, as a woman I sometimes feel very alone : )

Good choices Kathryn!
My wife carries an FEG PA63 9mm Mak, and is very good with it. She also made the statement "...don't go to the forums, very lonely there as a woman...", and I hadn't noticed until then that 99.5% of the people on the forums are men. I'd like to think that in the gun community that we can welcome anyone and help them along (ourselves too!) :thank_you2:

~John

I have one Glock, and it is a Glock 23. So I agree that's a good choice Kathryn. I think you can do more good in the gun/defense/ world than you may realize. Some women are shy or reluctant, or just plain afraid of guns, like my wife was for example. As a woman you can do a lot, and already do more than you know by having the courage to join and participate. Way to go girl! Your presence here may be the thing that saves a person's life.

I also like the XDs. I have 6 so far, and plan to buy more. My favorite handgun is my first XD-45 which happens to have exactly 6349 rounds through so far with no problems and no replaced parts. I keep a log with round counts on all 40 sumthin pieces in the collection along with other info, so I am within +/- 10 rounds of accurate on all of them.

My daily carry is the Kel-Tec P3AT for convenience, concealability, and comfort with my work clothing style. If I could wear a larger piece or different clothing that would conceal more, I would be probably carrying one of the XDs. My XD-40 SC has over 4300 rounds through as well.

Whatever you carry though; Congratulations for your decision to make a difference and be part of the solution. The secret is to carry always and practice with what you carry. Not only shooting practice, but tactics as well. Keep your powder dry and stay safe out there. :pleasantry:

DSC_0374.jpg

XD40sc, Cold steel Ti-lite, 4-7s light, and Winchester PDX1 180gr. The holsters I have arent the greatest but they work for me in a pinch. Im going after a Crossbreed very very soon. Might just order two of them so I can switch to my PPK/s for summer carry!

As of now I switch off frequently from my PT145 to my PT709, to my Rossi 461, then back again. So I guess I can truthfully say my TCP is my EDC since I always have it my front pocket in a KFJ pocket holster... :biggrin:

I most of the time carry a taurus millennium pro PT111 9mm.

I am very surprised by this gun and feel very good with it.shots very well for what it is.
Also have a S&W shorty 40 MK3S,that is my baby,got it on the cheap by mistake,guy didnt know what he had,but than again,neither did I :sarcastic:
And,I have a very old 1911 that will need some special attention.it needs work,but i need to find out how to refurb or fix it the proper way so as to not lose value out of it.

Glock

I now carry a Glock 23 due to weight and size of a Colt 1911 45 and being much older now. Was instructor for 25 years.

Not long ago, a SIG P239 .40S&W. Love SIG's, but it was heavier than was ultimately comfortable. Can't afford to keep too many around, so converted it into a Glock 26.

SOG Visionary II, my Crackberry, and some small model from SureStream when I need a light.

Still haven't found the holster that completely works for me. I like SOB right hand draw, but I've read some discouraging stories about ones gun getting pinned under a person. IWB @ 4:30, canted forward a bit, seems to work as well as anything else, and I've got my eye on a Wild Bill or High Noon. We'll see how it goes.

I carry a KelTec P32 with FMJ ammo so that I get max penetration. I have some ammo from Germany that is rated at 14 in. penetration

Carry piece

I like my starr bm 9mm' 3 inch.and on occassion my blackhawk 4.75 inch .357

Good taste:biggrin:

I like my BM 9 also.. especially with the imitation ivory grips... but i like my Astra A-70 more. My .357 blackhawk is the 3 screw model with 6in bbl. If it was the New Model and had the shorter bbl like yours i'd carry it also.

I'm new here--first time so I hope I'm doing this right.
I'm in Arizona, retired (70 years young) and carry a Glock 19 which I love.

The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.
It removes force from the equation... and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act..

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

Switched around again, and just picked up a Glock 19 (older Gen2) to carry. Carried a G26 for a while, but the G19 feels better for some odd reason.

I have to admit that in the past several years, I've become an avid CZ fan. I catch flak about it from several places, but I've found CZs to be accurate, dependable firearms, with emphasis on dependable. I carry a CZ 40B with a 12 round mag, and another 12 round mag as backup. There's a second CZ 40B in a finger box in my pickup, along with several more mags. I pray that I'll never need them, but I feel safer praying when they're near.

Daily Carry

I have a choice of three, that I carry depending on what I'm going
to do, or where I choose to go... In winter, etc. I have a shoulder rig
for a FireStar .45, or the FireStar .40, almost exactly same size..
On the belt I carry a Glock 23..also in winter... or Commander.45 on
my belt..
But in mild, T-shirt and shorts weather, I do the "Smart Carry"..
I can go to shorts, no shirt, whatever.....and typically I'm carrying
the FireStar .40.... they are all good shooters and all, but the Glock, are
basic 1911 types.... cocked, locked, butterfly drop safety.....
Son-in-law makes Holsters, and they are of his own design, more or
less, and are hand fitted to the weapon, and tightness adjusted by the
belt, hence, no need for strap over.... Work very well...

I used to carry my Taurus PT1911 until it started getting rust on it where the finish was evidently not up to Taurus's old standards (I had carried one of their PT99's for over a decade and the finish is still good as new on it). Until I get it refinished (Taurus refused to stand by their lifetime warranty on it saying they don't cover finish problems even though it was only 6 months old at the time...) I am carrying my Glock 23.
I will never spend another dime on a Taurus product - their customer service and quality control just isn't what it used to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back