The trial of George Zimmerman

OH MY, Did you just hear that Guy on FOX news say that he has "Insight" on this and he said its 5 to 1, 5 for acquittal and one is now looking at manslaughter. I sure hope this guy just didn't poop on this case.

They're supposed to be sequestered without any access to news about the trial, so, assuming he knows what he's talking about, it shouldn't.

Are acquitted and not guilty the same thing?

Anyway, relieved regarding the verdict

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Umm, yes.

ac·quit·tal (-kwtl)
n.
1. Judgment, as by a jury or judge, that a defendant is not guilty of a crime as charged.
2. The state of being found or proved not guilty.

I keep hearing on the radio, that there will likely be a wrongful death civil suit. I was under the impression that Florida's stand your ground law protected against civil suit? Is that not the case in Florida?

I keep hearing on the radio, that there will likely be a wrongful death civil suit. I was under the impression that Florida's stand your ground law protected against civil suit? Is that not the case in Florida?
Perhaps federal or civil rights. Tough sell I think. He's not guilty. I feel bad for the parents on both sides. Parents are never quite the same after the death of a child. And the cost of helping defense GZ has been tough on his family. They were all dignified and respectful. Except for the prosecutors. They stretched and bent the facts a bit. Tough life ahead for George. His face is recognizable. Nutrisystem George... it really works.

O'Mara said bring it on. They will move to immediately have it quashed and cost charged to those bringing it.

The NAACP has weighed in:

Link Removed

I'm sure Holder has already prepared for this eventuality. DOJ has already been involved, now they can have a more public role to try to wipe some of the egg off Obama's face.

From a strict legal standpoint, I am glad to see that the law was upheld, but as a practical matter, it still serves as the best example of what not to do. While Martin had no legal right to attack Zimmerman because he was in no danger of great bodily harm at the time Zimmerman left his vehicle, the basic fact remains that none of this would have happened if Zimmerman had followed neighborhood watch protocols and remained in his vehicle. I feel no elation about this as so many others do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back