The trial of George Zimmerman

I'm glad I didn't watch all of it. My TV may have had a brick or two lobbed near it in anger. I'm shockingly expecting M2 from the band of court jesters. I'm hoping for acquittal. This trial, with the help of Obama and his racial goon squads, have made a mockery of the justice system.

What other racially played justice may we expect from this administration? The contempt citations should have been long and expensive, but no, Trayvon could have looked just like my son. The only compelling thoughts I have about this whole charade, is the race card has been dealt a new low blow. The prosecution has dealt a new low blow. I thought justice was blind. What an idiot I've become...

At the risk of being labeled a race-monger, I'm going to say it anyway: this administration has been an administration of, by, and for African-Americans. Obama has publicly intervened in several situations involving African-Americans in ways that prejudiced any chance of fair and impartial review. He wrote an EO that most of you probably haven't even heard about, The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans (Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans | The White House), geared solely for African-American students, that states that schools cannot hold their African-American students to the same behavioral expectations as are required of non-black students. Certain unacceptable behaviors that would bring about punishment for white, Asians, or Hispanics must be overlooked when involving black students in the name of keeping more of them in school with the hope of achieving graduation. There have been other EO's written that specifically benefit the black community to the exclusion of other ethnic groups as well.

We've all heard the questions, ever pull the wings off a fly? Care to see the fly get even? That's what's happening.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: Obama is punishing this country for every slight - real or imagined - he believes he suffered growing up as a mixed-ethnic young person. He is doing it by throwing open the doors of our country to illegals, by writing a whole new set of rules governing how the black community is treated, and by catering to every special interest that wants to force their point of view on the majority. Anything to punish the white majority. His presidency was and is about one thing - revenge. He will not be satisfied until he has single-handedly brought this country to its knees.

It could be interesting to see how the judge will act if the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict on ALL "so called" charges!!!! i would bet the farm that she will show her true colors if that happens.

Yes, the judge would throw-out the not guilty of all charges verdict, admonish the jurors (hold them in contempt?), and deliver the sentence she has been commanded to apply. You know it!

I can't tell for sure if you guys are being facetious or not, but on the off-chance that you're not, there is absolutely nothing the judge could do if the jury comes back with a not guilty verdict on all charges. Zimmerman would be released within minutes of reading that verdict. The state can appeal under very limited circumstances, but it's extremely rare. There's a possibility of the .fedgov filing civil rights charges against Zimmerman, but as corrupt as I think Holder's DOJ is, if anyone in that office looks objectively at the trial record, they'll need a sacrificial lamb to ruin their career to try it.

I'm pretty cynical about things in this country, but one of the few constitutional rights that we still get the benefit of regularly is a trial by jury. Everyone keeps saying that five of those jurors are moms, and that should benefit the state. I see it as nearly as likely that it will benefit the defense though. If those moms have sons, none of them would want them to sit there and take a possibly deadly beating without being able to defend themselves anymore than George's mom would've wanted him to. Presumably all of them would be proud of their sons for getting involved in their communities and helping their neighbors etc., and they have eyes to see that Zimmerman isn't the kind of wanton killer that De La Rionda tried to make him out to be. The prosecution is trying to trick them into making their decision based on emotion instead of facts that don't support a conviction. Would your wives or daughters or mothers or sisters fall for that trick? My wife wouldn't.

Like I said before, I just can't fathom that any American , regardless of gender or any other consideration, is going to ignore all the reasonable doubt in this case. If they do, well, I won't have any trouble adjusting my level of cynicism, but there's not much room for more anyway.

Blues

I have said it before, and I will say it again: Obama is punishing this country for every slight - real or imagined - he believes he suffered growing up as a mixed-ethnic young person. He is doing it by throwing open the doors of our country to illegals, by writing a whole new set of rules governing how the black community is treated, and by catering to every special interest that wants to force their point of view on the majority. Anything to punish the white majority. His presidency was and is about one thing - revenge. He will not be satisfied until he has single-handedly brought this country to its knees.

The question of who threw the first punch was left up in the air. I don't remember him even trying to assert that Zimmerman started the physical altercation. Leaving that question unanswered, even wholly unaddressed, leaves nothing but reasonable doubt dangling out there for the jury to latch onto.

The question of who was screaming for help is likewise left with nothing more than a passing allusion to "....isn't it interesting that the screaming stopped at the moment the gunshot was heard?" I understand there's no way to prove conclusively who was screaming, but the evidence in the trial record of John Good's eye and ear witness testimony from only 17 feet away from what he saw and heard is no lightweight bit of evidence. It weighs heavily in favor of Zimmerman and, again, leaves the fruit of reasonable doubt dangling ripe and juicy right in front of the juror's eyes.

Who was on top and who was on the bottom is also (somewhat) in dispute, and not even a suggestion of Martin being on the bottom, much less an attempt to connect dots that would equal proof, was offered the jurors to hang their hats on.

Blues
Headline: Prosecutor Humps Dummy for Second Day
-
I think maybe he likes that thing. Maybe he should see somebody about it. “Hello Doctor? Bernie de la Rionda is at it again. He’s locked himself in his office with the Mortimer Snerd Dummy.
-
My assessment, in a nutshell is that this incident is solved when we know who's screaming. I believe we know. GZ gave a recorded statement on the evening of the shooting and again the next day a video reenactment. In both he described screaming for help just before he shot him. At that time, the evening of the shooting, while being interviewed by LEO, GZ did not yet know that neighbors' 911 calls had captured someone screaming help, immediately followed by a gunshot. That information was made public some time later. Even TM's family hadn't yet heard the tapes. He made the taped statement the same damn night. And again the next day. He described the crime exactly as 911 caught it and he didn't even know it was caught on tape at the time. That confirms GZ's credibility.
And here comes the truth folks... As hard as it is to say... And this is gonna pi$$0ff a lot of people... It IS racism. Tray, if we're to believe his girlfriend, called GZ a creepy ass cracker... clearly racial profiling. A cracker is a contemptuous term for a white southerner, usually from GA or FL. In slave-era slang it was the name given to the plantation taskmaster who cracked the whip. Now GZ profiled TM as a perp, not racially. Prosecutor agrees. But TM DID profile GZ racially, according to his primary witness' testimony. This is a hate crime against Zimmerman, perhaps because he's white, or perhaps because he's Hispanic. Once Tray got up close and saw GZ was as soft as the Hispanic Pillsbury-Dough-Boy he new he could take him. Tray gonna beat that white boy's ass, MMA style. Son-of-a-beetch! Been looking at us all along. I hope O'Mara has this tomorrow.
-
There are a number of other key points that make this a clear case of self-defense.
-
1. How many times have you heard of the person on top, who’s beating the tar out of someone on bottom, screaming for help?
2. First eyewitness described TM on top. The prosecution conceded this when they changed tactics and added the Mortimer Snerd Dummy demonstration to prove GZ couldn't get his gun as he claimed.
3. And regarding that dummy demonstration by the prosecution, they tried to state GZ could not get his gun because TM’s legs were blocking it? Well, the gun wasn't holstered on his side against TM's leg, it was described by GZ in the video as holstered at the 4:00 position, under him. Reachable. No fight is static. All fights are constantly in motion. Squirming and twisting when straddled provides openings to get your firearm.
4. So how often is the guy on bottom winning in a fight?
5. When we’re punched the force of the blow knocks us back. Some of the kinetic energy of the blow is lost in moving the body mass/weight. But when you’re head is against the ground there is nowhere for the energy to go so the head absorbs and transfers the entire kinetic energy to the ground. It rings your bell. Given that situation, even a scrawny kid can deliver a significant beating. Personally, I’d rather fight in a tight-closed space to use walls and door frames as improvised weapons.
6. FL has no statute that prohibits following someone unless it for provable purpose of causing fear, annoyance or harm. Following to observe is legal. The judge ruled she will not tell the jury this.
7. Even if GZ was the initial aggressor, FL statute requires Martin to disengage when the combatant signals his desire to withdraw. He did not, despite GZ’s screams for help. And we now know it's GZ screaming.
8. No one witnessed the initial contact up to the first blow. That presents doubt. Prevents anyone from knowing or proving, even circumstantially, the initial aggressor.
-
But if stupid was a crime he'd get life. Everyone should remember this example case forever. Never speak without a lawyer. Never do a taped reenactment for the police without a lawyer. Never call the prosecutor. Never give a TV interview before trial. never apologize to the family in open court. And lastly, NEVER talk on a jailhouse phone.

The state must think he has got to be charged with something or all he!! will break out.

But that's the problem. Charges were brought to "Please The Black Community". Until they stop trying to satisfy one group or another, the whites, the blacks, the purples and the blues, there will continue to be this division. The real dividing point is good from bad.
In My Humble Opinion, Martin was not bad because he was black, Martin was bad because that's the path he chose. "Product of your environment?" Bu!!Sh!t. There are plenty of under privileged kids who chose the right path.
Something inside me is telling me his parents know more about what their son was up to than they will ever let on.

We will know between 4 and 6 hours before the verdict is announced that there is a verdict. Somewhere between then and two hours before the verdict is read, a marked police car will be parked in our gun shop's parking lot. Many of the people down here are carrying rifles in their vehicles now along with their normal CCW firearm. I'll likely have my 9mm AR-15 with me tomorrow at the shop. And then there are the guns at the shop itself that can be used if needed.

Headline: Prosecutor Humps Dummy for Second Day

HA! Great headline, but O'Mara humped that dummy yesterday also, and I'm sure he'll be a' humpin' tomorrow too. Never saw a trial before where one of the main focuses of a demonstration was a dummy's belly button, or a pudgy-dummy-defendant's belly button. More weirdness out of Sanford. And does anyone think bringing in a black dummy to be on the bottom in their demonstrations wasn't intended to confuse the jury about who was really on the bottom?

But if stupid was a crime he'd get life. Everyone should remember this example case forever. Never speak without a lawyer. Never do a taped reenactment for the police without a lawyer. Never call the prosecutor. Never give a TV interview before trial. never apologize to the family in open court. And lastly, NEVER talk on a jailhouse phone.

I really think that in this isolated instance, not clamming up right away actually helped Zimmerman's case. For some inexplicable reason, the prosecution brought every interview he did into evidence. They established the prima facie case for self defense, they showed that GZ remained largely consistent on the most significant points, and they doubled the issues that they have to meet a beyond a reasonable doubt standard on. More importantly from the defense perspective, they eliminated the need for Zimmerman to get on the stand to get his story out, thus subjecting himself to cross.

99 times out of 100 I would agree that a (potential) defendant should just shut the heck up. It's just a weird anomaly that the way the state presented its case is what repaired that error for Zimmerman in this case.

Otherwise, great analysis BC. I much prefer being in near total agreement with you than the alternative. :wink:

Blues

I think that the prosecutor shot himself in the foot more that once in the case. Now the state is just slinging mud to see if they can get anything to stick. Judge was way off base in questioning GZ about if he wanted to testify. That is appealable grounds as the judge was not impartial. In no cases I've sat on did that line of questioning come up and the last case I sat on did have the defendant not testify.

Since it is pretty obvious that "someone" is pressuring them to return some kind of guilty verdict, probably in the interest of "public safety", here's a conspiracy theory for you. What if the Judge is actually a conscientious awesome person who is doing the will of the administration (allowing lesser included charges) so that there can be some kind of guilty verdict; but in the interest of her morality is stacking up many avenues for appeal so that justice prevails?
-
Yeah, I know that's pretty far out there. I can't look at her now without Chris Farly dancing around in my head singing "fat man in a little coat..."

But that's the problem. Charges were brought to "Please The Black Community". Until they stop trying to satisfy one group or another, the whites, the blacks, the purples and the blues, there will continue to be this division. The real dividing point is good from bad.
In My Humble Opinion, Martin was not bad because he was black, Martin was bad because that's the path he chose. "Product of your environment?" Bu!!Sh!t. There are plenty of under privileged kids who chose the right path.
Something inside me is telling me his parents know more about what their son was up to than they will ever let on.
And he wasn't underprivileged. His mother holds two college degrees and as worked for the gov't at the housing authority for over a decade. The streets got him. The streets turned him. The parents were powerless to stop it. The old saying... show me your friends and I'll tell you what you are.

HA! Great headline, but O'Mara humped that dummy yesterday also, and I'm sure he'll be a' humpin' tomorrow too. Never saw a trial before where one of the main focuses of a demonstration was a dummy's belly button, or a pudgy-dummy-defendant's belly button. More weirdness out of Sanford. And does anyone think bringing in a black dummy to be on the bottom in their demonstrations wasn't intended to confuse the jury about who was really on the bottom?

I really think that in this isolated instance, not clamming up right away actually helped Zimmerman's case. For some inexplicable reason, the prosecution brought every interview he did into evidence. They established the prima facie case for self defense, they showed that GZ remained largely consistent on the most significant points, and they doubled the issues that they have to meet a beyond a reasonable doubt standard on. More importantly from the defense perspective, they eliminated the need for Zimmerman to get on the stand to get his story out, thus subjecting himself to cross.

99 times out of 100 I would agree that a (potential) defendant should just shut the heck up. It's just a weird anomaly that the way the state presented its case is what repaired that error for Zimmerman in this case.

Otherwise, great analysis BC. I much prefer being in near total agreement with you than the alternative. :wink:

Blues
The prosecutor played the Hannity interview and the reenactment video in closing arguments much to GZ's detriment. He cherry picked anything that supported his case. That's the danger in speaking to police without counsel. GZ's discrepancies were minor. Discrepancies are quite normal after a violent experience. Psychological and physiological reactions make recall very tough. And the prosecutor knows this. The jury is likely inexperienced with life and death fights. Six women may buy into they hindsight argument of what one could have or should have done.

What is SOP for jury over the weekend? Will they be required to work towards reaching a verdict this evening?
I heard a pundit say that since they're sequestered they'll continue deliberations. If they reach a verdict everyone is called-in to court.

Blaze Poll; The Zimmerman Verdict "What's Your Prediction?"

The choices for the jury of six females (five are white, one is Black/Hispanic) are limited to:

1.Guilty – 2nd Degree Murder — 25 years to life in prison
2.Guilty -Manslaughter — up to 30 years in prison
3.Not Guilty
4.Hung Jury

Where do you stand on the Zimmerman trial? Take part in an interactive Blaze poll.

Link Removed

Blaze Poll; The Zimmerman Verdict "What's Your Prediction?"

The choices for the jury of six females (five are white, one is Black/Hispanic) are limited to:

1.Guilty – 2nd Degree Murder — 25 years to life in prison
2.Guilty -Manslaughter — up to 30 years in prison
3.Not Guilty
4.Hung Jury

Where do you stand on the Zimmerman trial? Take part in an interactive Blaze poll.

Link Removed
Old saying... pick the right jury and you'll get the right verdict. Would six able-bodied men think differently than six women with kids?
My prediction is not guilty on second degree murder and either not guilty or hung jury on manslaughter.

O'Mara isn't so strong. About as much passion as a social studies teacher. Forget Thomas Jefferson, bring up the fact the GZ claimed to be screaming for help BEFORE he knew a 911 call was recorded with someone screaming for help. If you believe that you must acquit.

New Black Panthers: “Unrest All Over America” if Zimmerman Acquitted

A quote being attributed to New Black Panthers leader Samir Shabazz by numerous Internet sites states, “This time we’re doing it right… This time we’re not burning down our communities. This time we’re going out to Whitey’s suburbs and burning down HIS community. We’re going to make Whitey feel the pain.”

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back