Teotwawki

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
TEOTWAWKI...What does it mean to you.
Revue your action plan.
Inventory your supplies
It is gonna be a bumpy next 2 1/2 years.
Be prpared for civil strife
Be ready for food and fuel shoratges
Be ready to defend your AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE
because you just may have to.

It means to me that I had better have my game plan ready to go. Make sure that family and friends know their part and be ready to implement at any time.

Am now in the process of purchasing about 20 acres out in the boonies, got a house, barn and other out-buildings and enough land to raise a couple dawgies, a large vegetable garden, some chickens, etc. Part of THE PLAN.

I told my son (buying in together) that we needed a name for the farmstead and his response was "How about KTFO Acres"? Stands for "Keep the F Out". I'd have preferred a more wholesome name but I like his style, and it does suit my mentality exactly. :biggrin:

JJ, got a coupl'a signs for you for your perimeter fence . . .

Link Removed

NoTrespassingRustic_R.jpg

I am planning on getting a small motor home so I can get to JJ's place.:biggrin: On a serious note I have done some preparing but not where I want to be yet.

Am now in the process of purchasing about 20 acres out in the boonies, got a house, barn and other out-buildings and enough land to raise a couple dawgies, a large vegetable garden, some chickens, etc. Part of THE PLAN.

I have 41 acres already set up. Plenty of wild game and a pond full of Bass and Bream. Tractors, fuel and several generators. A country boy can survive...:wink:

You're always welcome, HK, come on down (or up, as the case may be).

RH, I dig that song. Interesting that I didn't grow up on a farm, but I can handle myself on one. I grew up in blue-collar Baltimore County, hunting, fishing, sawing wood, running around the countryside. Dad was a frustrated country boy, always wanted a real country place but Mom wouldn't have it. Even so, we always had some chickens and whatnot on our small semi-rural tract house. Me and my brothers were all frustrated, too. Told my son he's the first generation who will be a major landowner. I'm pumped.

The 20 acres we're buying is partially reclaimed gravel pit and the whitetails are thick. My son and I had every deer trail on the property scoped out, and picked our location for planting biologic and setting treestands before we had even looked at the house. Did I mention I was pumped? :biggrin:

Could be taken as giving them more than ample warning.

Yeah, a jury around here would probably shrug and say "well, they were warned"!

Rest easy, Doc, anybody I shoot will be deserving it and that would be readily apparent.

TEOTWAWKI...What does it mean to you.
Revue your action plan.
Inventory your supplies
It is gonna be a bumpy next 2 1/2 years.
Be prpared for civil strife
Be ready for food and fuel shoratges
Be ready to defend your AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE
because you just may have to.

MORE PARANOID RANTINGS....

We put in a deep limestone filtered well, we have fresh water no matter what,
And I don't pay water bills.

We put in a very large septic tank and leach field.
We don't pay for sewage treatment.

We put in a solar array.
We don't pay electric bills and as long as the sun shines, we have electricity.

We built a wind generator, Not a big one, but 'Finish' charges the batteries and works when the sun isn't shining.

We have two electric vehicles for running around the farm.
Makes use of our battery banks, and when not in use for transportation, they power up the house/garage.
Momma has a 40 MPG car, and I have a trailer towing, mobile tool box that I can still work on myself is we need more than just a passenger car...
With a little work, mine can be propane or alcohol in VERY short order instead of gasoline powered!

We have an earth sheltered home.
We can heat it with wood, or with propane.
We insulated the crap out of it, so it's VERY easy to heat and it's cool in the summer.
It is mostly a poured concrete bunker with lots of south facing thermal efficient glass for passive solar,
And the thermal solar panels on the roof give us free hot water so we don't have to run the water heater most days...

We catch rain water and 'Gray' water for the garden, livestock, utility water, ect.
Our water works for us TWICE before it gets released to the environment again.

We grow a VERY large garden, and store it in a 'Root Cellar', we probably have two or three years of basic foods, seeds for new gardens, and we can expand at any time if needed.

We don't call this 'End Of The World As We Know It',
We call it SUSTAINABLE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY living, and it's also MUCH HEALTHIER than eating fast food and burning gasoline at record rates, which is NOT sustainable.

You can call it anything you want to, but we are probably 85% off 'Grid' (we still burn small quantities of gasoline and propane) but we are heading towards being 100% sustainable as we go.

An 85% reduction in garbage, better health, having my own gun range, and generally not having 'Neighbors' looking over my shoulder all the time is worth driving to town once a week to get what we don't have locally...

Everyone has a rooftop, everyone has the opportunity to go with a hybrid or electric vehicle, everyone has the opportunity to cut back on things that are over packaged, foreign made or grown, and to stock up on things when they are in season or locally available.

It's as simple as not buying things that have to be shipped from south America or Asia when they are produced locally,
I don't have to have strawberries in February from Brazil, and if I do have a taste for strawberries in Feb., I get them out of the freezer or open a home canned jar from when they were in season locally...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand,
40+ acres of pasture, grass, trees & garden gives me LOTS of places to bury the bodies of the 'Survivalist' types that get out here and find out they were WOEFULLY unprepared since all they did was type on the internet and complain instead of doing something about it...
Then decided to take what I have instead of asking for help...

Humans aren't good fertilizer, and it would bother me to put one down that wasn't a direct threat, but I have some land that we don't plant or use for much else...
And if the 'EOTWAWKI' actually happens (and of course it won't, but some idiots might jump the gun when something like a giant oil spill threatens the coasts) we might have to rely on ourselves, so we are doing that now.... Right along side the Amish which have been doing it all along!

I am planning on getting a small motor home so I can get to JJ's place.:biggrin: On a serious note I have done some preparing but not where I want to be yet.

DH and I already have a 35 ft. motor home. Let's put together a Caravan to KTFO Acres! :laugh: Actually, in a TEOTWAWKI situation, one thing is certain, the motor home will be of no use to us in a bug out situation, as it would stick out like a sore thumb, would be useless "off road" and would need gas that probably will not be available. IMO, if one has to bug out, on foot is the best scenario, making it easier to move undetected. We have a crossbow for "silent" game hunting (don't want to attract attention while in the woods).

Acquiring "barter" items is a good idea. At present, we're buying batteries every time we go to Sam's Club. We also have boxes of "strike anywhere" matches to trade. Ladies (and gentlemen) don't forget that gold and silver jewelry could come in handy, too. Even broken sterling silver chains can be added to your barter items! THINGS NOT TO USE FOR BARTER: food and/or ammunition...best NOT to advertise that you have a supply of either.

As with the rest of you, our "planning" is on-going. It's impossible to prepare for EVERY possible scenario. Just do your best to get yourself prepared -- and don't forget to prepare your best weapon against TEOTWAWKI--your mind!

Nice Tip: The "fluff" in your dryer lint screen makes great campfire tinder. It can be balled up and used to start fires quickly . I've been saving ours in small zip-close food storage bags. Easy to stuff in bug-out bag and VERY light weight. :pleasantry:

Don't hit me, Jack.

I told my son (buying in together) that we needed a name for the farmstead and his response was "How about KTFO Acres"? Stands for "Keep the F Out". I'd have preferred a more wholesome name but I like his style, and it does suit my mentality exactly. :biggrin:

Um, no offense, but aren't you ALREADY in the boonies?!?

I think that you and Rick need to set up an autumn get together at Casa del Flash. Where is the nearest big airport to you?

DH and I already have a 35 ft. motor home. Let's put together a Caravan to KTFO Acres! :laugh: Actually, in a TEOTWAWKI situation, one thing is certain, the motor home will be of no use to us in a bug out situation, as it would stick out like a sore thumb, would be useless "off road" and would need gas that probably will not be available. IMO, if one has to bug out, on foot is the best scenario, making it easier to move undetected. We have a crossbow for "silent" game hunting (don't want to attract attention while in the woods).

Acquiring "barter" items is a good idea. At present, we're buying batteries every time we go to Sam's Club. We also have boxes of "strike anywhere" matches to trade. Ladies (and gentlemen) don't forget that gold and silver jewelry could come in handy, too. Even broken sterling silver chains can be added to your barter items! THINGS NOT TO USE FOR BARTER: food and/or ammunition...best NOT to advertise that you have a supply of either.

As with the rest of you, our "planning" is on-going. It's impossible to prepare for EVERY possible scenario. Just do your best to get yourself prepared -- and don't forget to prepare your best weapon against TEOTWAWKI--your mind!

Nice Tip: The "fluff" in your dryer lint screen makes great campfire tinder. It can be balled up and used to start fires quickly . I've been saving ours in small zip-close food storage bags. Easy to stuff in bug-out bag and VERY light weight. :pleasantry:

I have used the stuff out of the dryer trap and you are right it does work well. Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

I save all my dryer lint, too. My wife thinks I'm going overboard, but I've been doing it for about three years now. I use it to start fires in the outdoor pit, smoker, etc... It works very well, and is in constant production at my house. Veggies are growing in the yard, better now that all this rain has been here, and the non-perishable stock is in constant rotation. This, along with lots of other measures taken, I like to think that I am moderately prepared. Even if it's for nothing, it's good to know that we can make it at home without utilities and transportation for a while if necessary.

Also, I'm in for going to JJ's!! From Atlanta to North Dakota in a motor home, I'm going to have to start stockpiling gas money, though!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back