So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

Missouri is a must issue state, all applications are through the county sheriff’s office. On the 45th day they must issue regardless if all the checks have returned or not. They can then revoke if something bad shows up. Some counties stretch it up to the 45 day limit, most do a respectable turnaround it took us 5 working days to get ours. Cost $100 for training/qualification class (mandatory) $100 (cash only) to County Sheriff and $16 to the DMV. Option to have it on your driver’s license or separate ID. As some places hold your Drivers License in case of a traffic violation, we opted for a separate ID.:pleasantry:

Indiana Permit Holder

I was told by Indiana State Police that they wouldn't even start looking at the paperwork until 8 weeks out, then would take up to another month to get it. I had mine in just under 8 weeks. Dunno how the math works, but I'm happy!

-> Taipan
Makarov IJ70-18A (IMEZ) shooter

When I first applied for my permit in 2004, it took 24 days for it to arrive to my mailbox. In 2008 when I had to renew (this time, I applied for a lifetime permit), my permit arrived in 45 days. It's nice knowing that I'll never have to go through this process again as long as I live in Indiana, though!

When I first applied for my permit in 2004, it took 24 days for it to arrive to my mailbox. In 2008 when I had to renew (this time, I applied for a lifetime permit), my permit arrived in 45 days. It's nice knowing that I'll never have to go through this process again as long as I live in Indiana, though!

As you saw in my last post, I'm from Indiana as well. I almost went for the life time, but being raised in Ca, I did absolutely not believe that they were actually going to give me a license to carry a weapon. That is just so far out of my realm of experience. I'll be getting the life time upon renewal as well!

It took about 3 weeks from the day I started the background check 'til the day I got it. It may have been sooner, but the Lt. for the Sheriff's Dept. (Who is the one who handles all the CCW permits in my city) was on vacation for one of those weeks. It works a little different here, though... I just got a slip of paper after I passed my background check, which I took to my local License Bureau, and got a Missouri State I.D. card with my CCW license the same day.

In SC, took my class on Jan.24,09. Mailed the app and everything on Feb. 4,09. Still waiting. 3 months will be in 2 weeks, so I'm expecting it anyday.

Texas

Seems to range from 70 - 100 days here according to the www.texasshooting.com/chlforum. Mine took 69 days. BY LAW, the DPS is required to give you an answer (approved or declined) in 60 days.

Why can't I go faster than the speed limit and jst ignore the ticket? The DPS is igmoring the law and blaming it whatever.

Last edited:
Seems to range from 70 - 100 days here according to the www.texasshooting.com/chlforum. Mine took 69 days. BY LAW, the DPS is required to give you an answer (approved or declined) in 60 days.

Why can't I go faster than the speed limit and jst ignore the ticket? The DPS is igmoring the law and blaming it whatever.

Good question LaserTex. I took my class mid November 2007. License in hand about February 1, 2008. I'm glad I didn't wait. My wife is taking her class May 20, 2009. Hope she has plastic by Christmas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back