So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

My permit took almost 6 weeks after finger prints.:dance3:

i recieved my permit in 30days from date of apply. what took the longest was references to get back was told to first expect 3-6months so i was happy to see it sonner

I'm in SC and was told to allow for 3 months. Just figured that was "protocol" but given the leadership changing for the worse, I guess it may have everything backed up. It's going on 2 months now...

wow a whole 2 months? oh man maybe they should have sent yours on day two...

Seriously, see my post in the general section of the forum where the new guy from SC posted.

Ah whatever Ill type it here.

Sled has 90 days to deny you or send your card to you. Its the law. If they run longer than 90 there will be a ver good reason. 90 days includes weekends and holidays etc...

Im on day 49 today or 7 weeks. My check was cashed on December 12th. The law says the time starts when they receive your app. They cashed my check 2 days after I sent it so time started on the 12th of december. My wife sent hers off a week before mine and her check was cashed quick too.

It will be there but I can tell you that SLED will take the 90 days. Most folks get em in 78-85 days. I know this because I know alot of folks who have their permits. Many are recent.

I believe mine should be here by the end of next month or the first week or so of March.

YMMV

Ccw permits

In virginia they have by law 45 days to get your permit back to you.most counties take about 42,wait till last minute,esp.washington county.

Last Idaho took 2 weeks for renewal return and Non-resident Nevada also took 2 weeks for renewal return. I was pleasently amazed:victory:

SC in 88 days

I received my SC CWP today. 88 days after my check was cashed and 95 days from the date I mailed the application. Based on others I have heard SC may be improving a little. 90 day turn is their requirement and they did just beat it in my case.

MS says that it takes 120 days. I'm just a couple days shy of 4 weeks. Sure hope I don't have to wait another 12 weeks. Wait and see I guess.

Georgia

Mine came in 23 days, but that was AFTER Georgia Carry Org wrote to the probate judge, who issues licenses, and to the local sheriff. They told us prior to that time that you had to carry OPEN, and with the gun showing from three sides. They then told applicants that IF they carried concealed, they would be ARRESTED. In Georgia, both concealed and open carry are allowed. Anyone in Georgia should seriously consider joining Georgiacarry.org. They are very strong and effective at supporting the 2nd amendment in the interests of its members and the state constitution as written. Two thumbs up to GCO!

I got all my stuff in at the Sheriff's office on a Thursday here in Oregon. To my great surprise, the following Wednesday there was a letter in my mailbox containing my new permit. I expected it to take 2-3 mos. Hooray for Oregon.

I signed up here a year or more ago, but I think this might be my first post. I am starting a new career as an over-the-road trucker and stopped by to look at the reciprocal states map and to get some general info on transporting across state lines. Got all the info I needed and started browsing when I ran across this thread. Every time I see a thread like this, or read about the hassles that take place in most other states regarding how many, if not most, Americans have to beg the government for the "privilege" of paying to exercise God-given, "unalienable" rights, I thank my lucky stars that I made my home in Alabama almost 20 years ago. We do have to pay to exercise our rights here too, but it is minimal ($15 bucks in my county, $10 in others and $20 in still others), but we aren't saddled with training requirements or having to wait to get our permits. I walk into my Sheriff's Office, say I need to renew my pistol permit, wait for a couple or three minutes while they do a warrant-check, pay my $15 bucks and walk out with my permit in my hand right then and there. If I recall correctly, the first one I got back in '90 or so, I did have to wait 3 days for a cursory background check to complete. I was new to the state though, and that was also in a different county, so I'm not sure that short waiting period was a state-mandated one or just a policy of the local Sheriff.

Anyhow, I feel for y'all. I left CA to come here. A big part of why we left was the general contempt for adherence to the Constitution that CA lawmakers have displayed for several decades now. Not just about guns, but in general. That mindset has spread far and wide, and will probably infect Bama before it's all said and done too. But for now I am damned glad we landed here.

Good luck to all of us for having a free country to leave to future generations. We're gonna need it over the next 4 or 8 years.

Blues

EDIT: HA! Well, they say memory is the first thing to go! Funny, I can't remember what the second thing is! Anyway, this obviously wasn't my first post here. Haven't been participating on any forums for quite awhile now. Glad to see this place is pretty active. Take care.

Last edited:
Vir Quisque Vir

Congrats on the NC! Too bad Tebow didn't have the opportunity to erase the blight of TWO losses to Auburn. (I was at the game two years ago in Auburn, and my ears are STILL ringing!)

Here in Ohio I turned in my application on Friday at 4:00pm and then first thing monday morning I had my license in hand.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back