So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

lived in ky 1997 to 2001, went to sherriffs office to get application and he kind of laughed, said if you weren't doing something stupid he didn't care if you carried a concealed weapon. took class and got my permit the same day. this was in lewis county ky

I,m in Ga, and the county I live In uses inkless finger printing. It took 15 min. to do paperwork and finger prints on tues. and I had mine in my mailbox on thurs. the same week. very pleased! and all that for 40 bucks

I'm in Madison County in Alabama and I dropped off my application the Monday before Christmas (Dec. 22nd) and got mine yesterday. They told me to expect 4 weeks, so considering in the holidays, that was about right.

I'm in Madison County in Alabama and I dropped off my application the Monday before Christmas (Dec. 22nd) and got mine yesterday. They told me to expect 4 weeks, so considering in the holidays, that was about right.

It is weird how Alabama works. I live in an incorporated area of Madison, but my property is actually in Limestone County. I go to Athens to renew mine and it's just like I described before. My previous address was in Cullman County and it too was very easy and immediate, with the exception of the first one. It was also only $10 bucks in Cullman.

I guess I'm OK with the process being left up to the Sheriff in each county because it's been real easy in the two counties I've lived in. I would probably be calling for statewide standardization if I lived in Madison County or Jackson or Montgomery though.

Still, this is the best out of 5 different states I've ever lived in and a big part of that is the general acceptance and support for 2nd A. issues here.

Blues

VA res. FL non res

My va permit ws in my mailbox 3 weeks to the day i submitted it. My wife's was about the same.
fl permit took 89 days(they have 90 to get it to you). My wife's fl permit took less than 60 days.

Took 5 weeks for my Virginia Non-Res, 60 days and counting for my Florida Non-Res. Anyone know if you need a certified Texas instructor to obtain a Texas Non-Res Permit or will a DD214 work?

Got mine today. 90 Days on the nose.

I just got my SC CWP in the mail today and it was 90 days on the nose. I took the class on 11/1, they received my application and stuff on 11/7/2008.

Enjoy yours when it comes. :pleasantry:

Dennis

In Washington State,
I payed the $60 cash,then two weeks later, my lic. to carry a concealed pistol arrived. No problem.
By law in Wa.,they must issue a permit within 30 days,if you have a clean record.
:dance3:

I JUST checked on mine after waiting 5 weeks. they said they're waiting on the fingerprint results.in ohio they're required by law to give you the permit within 45 days or send you a rejection letter. I'm waitin for that "dear john" letter and a box of candy for my trouble any day now.

Colorado it took 79 days. I was told they were processing more than ever and were trying to stay within the 90 day allowance.

Mine FINALLY came in on Saturday:yes2:, exactly 50 days after they received my application. Just in time for this crap:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Pisses me off.:mad::mad::mad:

I applied Feb. 9th in Norfolk, VA... They told me it was taking about 2 weeks on average. So far, no word from the court on picking it up yet. I'm REALLY hoping it'll come in this week. I decided to begin my carry with my S&W Model 19-4 K frame when it does arrive. I have a nice Bianchi OWB holster that hides nicely under a t-shirt at 2:30 on my frame. Eventually for summer I'll find a thin 9mm or .45

I was in my local blockbuster the other night... some guy ran out the door with an armload of games and movies. I was in process of checking out. I told the clerks they should just thank their lucky stars he didn't just come up to stick a weapon in all our faces. I expect to see more and more of this in Norfolk... it's not the first time. With this deepening economic turmoil, I expect desperation to force more and more people to turn to crime.

Preble Co. Ohio is taking 3 to 5 days to process the paperwork and call you. Butler Co. is taking 7 to 10 business days to call you to pick them up. :pleasantry:

Ms says 120 days, I'm starting to believe them as I'm on about 54 days now. Hopefully it will come in some time this week. But that is just my wishful thinking.

I turned my paperwork into the Sheriff's Dept. on Jan. 6 and I got written approval from the AG's office in the mail yesterday (Feb.28). I'll have to go to the local DVM this Wednesday to actually pick up my CCHL. Sixteen more bucks and I'm done for at least four years. Kansas has 90 days to approve or disapprove so I can't complain.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back