So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

Norfolk VA, 14 days on the nose still, like i say its the Ghetto-Expedition process:biggrin:

VA seems to have quite an interesting CCW program. They hold a free class once a month, pass that with background and pay the state & county fee's and thats it. I took the class on a Thursday evening and had my card printed out and in my pocket Monday (and that was because i hadn't submitted my application before i took the class). I took the TN class a few years ago when i lived there and it was insane. Va has its problems, but this is one thing i'm very grateful for, I was especially blessed to have my girl take the class w/ me.

Overall tho the wait is worth it, I hate to say it, but this day & time the only security you have is that you can provide yourself.

Wulfren

FL CWP waiting line

I would be interested to know how long it is taking now for those of us in Florida to get the CWP.
I submitted on Mar. 24th and heard prior to that that the waiting line was 95,000.
Haven't heard any updates since then so if anyone knows please pass it along.

In Georgia, we get a GFL (Georgia Firearms License) and they are handled by the individual counties. Mine took 1 week in the mail from application to receipt in the mail. It appears that in states where it is handled by one of the State Governmental agencies, it averages longer.:pleasantry:

Hello,
My name is Chuck and live in Oklahoma City. I received my concealed carry license a few weeks ago.
The class wait time in OKC was weeks. I called up and enrolled in a class about 30 minutes North of OKC in Perry, Oklahoma.
I think the small town thing was the way to go, and I'm very glad I went there. He made it very interesting.
His name was Tony Wisely. I highly recommend his class.
It took exactly 90 days for me to receive my license. I called them on day 90 and they said it was ready to be picked up.
I drove to the Sheriff's office downtown OKC. Two days later I got the letter that it was in.

Florida 1998, waited dang near the full 90 days.

Washington 1998, was mailed 2 days after applying and arrived 3 days later.

North Carolina 2001, almost 2 months.

Pennsylvania 2003, I believe they had 45 days to issue or deny and Dauphin County took nearly all of it.

Washington 2004 and 2009, mailed in under 2 weeks.

In Missouri (must issue state) mine was two weeks on the nose. The local sherrif's dept. even has a phone number to call in and if your application number is read (this must take them a long time to do each day or so) you can come in to pick up your permit. Only catch is you must go to DOR (Dept of Revenue) license office within 7 days to get your card (either ID or DL) or you have to start the application process all over again. BUT, with the class certificate, it is good for life, no dates.

Hey Montana250: Live in Charleston area and recently took CCWP at Belt Training in Dorchester County with a deputy sheriff who took care of all the paperwork after the course. Took course toward end of July and received CCWP in beginning November--that sounds like 90+ days. Based on one of the newer threads concerning CC in SC, still trying to figure out where and when I can actually CC other than in my car or walking around. Late night dinners out etc are a no no since liquor is sold in most restaurants that I would go to.

It took me 31 days to receive mine here via a very small town in Warshington. Another person here had theirs in only two weeks...

But at least I got it so I reckon I can't complain.

5 Weeks to the Day in MA

Submitted the application with 2 letters of reference and a written narative as to why I wanted an LTC.

5 weeks to the day, card in hand

Hey millman: 5 weeks to the day is pretty good. You must be friends with Kerry and the Kennedy family. I did not think anyone but those anointed could get anything like a CCWP in the state of MA. Then again, I am assuming MA is Mass and not Maine.

5 Weeks

:sarcastic:I thank the USA Carry site for all the information that helped me get it approved, I understand that the current Millbury Chief is pretty good with the approval as long as you submit what is asked of you. Nothing more,nothing less. Of course the donation to the kennedy bar tab was a huge asset.....:sarcastic:

45 days to the T. Coincidentally that's the amount of time the state has to decide whether to issue it or deny your permit. Bunch of procrastinators.

Mine took 65 days, but a lot of the delay was because the CBI couldn't get good prints from me. I had to have them redone twice. I joked with the deputy that kept trying to get my prints that maybe I should take up a new career as a bank robber. :sarcastic: I guess all those years working around chemicals eroded my prints away.:laugh:

My FLA non-resident was mailed end of Sept. Had to send then my DD214 in OCT as proof of Safety Class or equivalent. Rec'd my permit Feb 5, 135 Days. SC was a little faster being that is my resident State, 105 Days. Between budget cuts, lack of staffing and amount on Permit App's I believe they're just overwhelmed. Go figure, our government is overwhelmed!

From the time I went to the sheriffs office to the time the permit arrived was a little less than one month (around 28 or 29 days) here in North Carolina.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back