So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

got my sc permit in 83days

In South Carolina the process is slow. After you take the course and pay the fees SCLED does its check which doesn't usually take all that long. The your application goes to your county sheriff for approval. This may be the holdup. We were told the whole process could take up to 6 weeks......

For me GA took 7 days, did paperwork and finger prints on friday got liscense in mail on thursday (me and wife) total cost $80 for both

TN on the other hand took class on the 19th of Dec. Went to DMV and did finger prints on Dec 23 recieved permit around 28 Jan. Just me on this one and total cost $215 (class and license)

michigan law says up to 45 days.. mine took I think 52.. going on 6 years ago my utah permit took about a month.

Yeah MI law is that they are supposed to give you written notification by 45-days. When I dropped it off a the County Clerk 3 days ago March 1st they said 3-4 months. When I got fingerprinted about 1/2 hour later se said 2-3 months. I guess it shows up when it shows up. :rolleyes:

Yeah MI law is that they are supposed to give you written notification by 45-days. When I dropped it off a the County Clerk 3 days ago March 1st they said 3-4 months. When I got fingerprinted about 1/2 hour later se said 2-3 months. I guess it shows up when it shows up. :rolleyes:

I don't know guys, Name that tune in 30 days... Darn, I got to start thinking about renewal... :smile:

Here in Montana

If I remember correctly, I had my permit within 30 days from the time of application. Not sure if all counties are as efficient. I was pleased.

In South Carolina the process is slow. After you take the course and pay the fees SCLED does its check which doesn't usually take all that long. The your application goes to your county sheriff for approval. This may be the holdup. We were told the whole process could take up to 6 weeks......

State law says 90 days. Mine took about 76 days, and other SC residents posting here were similar. The form goes to Columbia for processing, not the sheriff.

Sent mine a few days before Christmas, so I figure they got it around Jan 1 and I'm still waiting, if 90 days hold true I should get something back in the next couple of weeks, with them only accepting cashiers checks or money orders it's kinda hard to know when they get it.

New Hampshire Non-Resident 6 days. Massachusetts Non-resident 11 months. Rhode Island Resident 13 Days.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back