Smoking Pot and Carrying Concealed... not so sure it's wise

I am amazed at the amount of hate, bigotry and outright LIES that 3 of the members here are spewing forth... Not one of them could come up with anything more than "I dont like it, so it should be illegal" and a lot of "since you dont agree with me, you are a ********** idiot" to back up their claims that there should be a "law" against someone being able to have the tools to defend themselves with just because they smoke a joint....

In fact, these 3 insist that someone who smoked half a joint is in the same category as someone who has drunk 3 pints of jack daniels and smoked 2 lbs of crack in one sitting... One of them even had the gall to blame all the rest of us of killing his sister.... Unbelievable....

You dopers should use a grenade launcher hardware kit to mount a bong under the barrel of ARs. About the same size and shape. Then when you are showing off your 2nd Amendment rights in box stores, frightening men, women and children, you could get high in the Lawn and Garden department.

Rather than a standard M-203 you would have a B-420. Lol

The topic is Smoking Pot and Carrying Concealed, not Smoking Pot while Carrying Concealed.

Me thinks that NRA is a Fudd.

Link Removed

The topic is Smoking Pot and Carrying Concealed, not Smoking Pot while Carrying Concealed.

Me thinks that NRA is a Fudd.

I am more for guns rights, for 2nd amendment issues than hunting. I am opposed to all big game trophy hunting. Hunting for food is acceptable. Killing a big cat that threatens livestock, or people is acceptable. Turning dogs loose, to chase a big cat up a tree, to shoot it two blocks away with a high power rifle should be a criminal act. I have carried over 30 years. I teach CC. I do not hunt Bambi. If others want to do so, in a Game & Parks permitted way, go ahead. Not my cup of tea. I rejoice in the fact, my guns are almost always silent. A gun is like a small child in a well mannered home, when company comes to visit. Never heard, seldom seen.

A gun is like a small child in a well mannered home, when company comes to visit. Never heard, seldom seen.

I would venture to say that it's more than just me, Chen and Axe who would dearly love to see you develop a similar degree of manners.

Not when others have to clean up the mess.

It's always the choice... You trying to oppress people's choice will never be freedom no matter what insane self centered justification you use.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

A gun is like a small child in a well mannered home, when company comes to visit. Never heard, seldom seen.

I would venture to say that it's more than just me, Chen and Axe who would dearly love to see you develop a similar degree of manners.

I dunno Blues... It sounds like N R A believes in child abandonment...the only way a small child won't be heard or seen is if he locks them up like his firearms...

I feel so unloved now ;-)

HA! Not in the least! You just seemed to be enjoying shootin' down all the straw men they keep puttin' up for ya, so I left ya out of it. Selfishly, I've been enjoying the display of marksmanship too. Didn't want to sound like I was discouraging you knockin' 'em down like bowlin' pins! :biggrin:

Blues

http://youtu.be/C-mQhqagoDA

Link to actual video Blues spoke of

I have news for you, this guy isn't high on weed, he's high on progressive-liberalism. I second Blues opinion that the hate spewers here are probably drunks, but I would bet you a dollar that the ones comparing the effects of weed to the effects of heroin or PCP or other drugs of that nature have never been stoned. Spewers, if you haven't been stoned, don't profess to have a clue as to how it affects anything. Like alcohol, the mentality and attitude of the user has a great deal to do with the effects of marijuana-with the possible exception that someone who is angry or violent and gets stoned will likely mellow some.
-
I would never profess that it is good for you - neither is alcohol or caffeine or nicotine. The government has chosen to regulate some things and not others. I seem to remember a thing called prohibition that was led by the moral majority. It was unenforceable and created criminals out of otherwise law-abiding citizens. The illegality of weed is exactly the same. They say it "leads to harder drugs". BS. The lifestyle some people choose to live and who they choose to associate with leads to harder drugs. The fact that weed is proven to have beneficial properties unlike most illegal drugs, should be evidence enough that the government needs to butt out. What has their meddling created? A billion dollar a year (or more) business for drug traffickers and prisons full of non-violent criminals. I would bet you another dollar that there are more people in this country addicted to prescription pain killers than there are addicted to weed.
-
How do you keep your children from using or abusing alcohol? Teach them personal responsibility. If weed was legal the premise would be the same. In countries where there is no drinking age, where children are raised around drinking responsibly rather than age related prohibition, there are far fewer alcoholics per-capita. There are still alcoholics, people with poor personal responsibility, but you don't have people sneaking alcohol until they reach "drinking age" then abusing it immediately upon reaching that age.
-
In short, gubment is never the answer, personal responsibility is.

I dunno Blues... It sounds like N R A believes in child abandonment...the only way a small child won't be heard or seen is if he locks them up like his firearms...

Can you imagine taking a class from that guy? I guess he doesn't carry a Glock anymore (if he really carries anything, that is), but when he did, he put a trigger block on it because it didn't have an external safety.

He says he's a "big fan" of condition 3 training, which I don't know if he just trains for the heck of it that way, or if he actually utilizes the training he's supposedly gotten, or if he forces that nonsense on his students and makes 'em pay to be force-fed such a ridiculously brain-dead "tactic" as carrying, for all intents and purposes, an unloaded weapon. I guess he pretty much answered that question though when he said in reply to Navy that, "...no safer more comforting carry condition can be achieved than a Glock in Condition 3 in trained hands." So not only did he inhibit the full design functionality of his Glock(s) with a trigger block safety, but he thinks in terms of feeeeeelings and "comfort" rather than tactics when it comes to carrying a fully-functional, ready to fire firearm and chooses instead to carry condition 3 >>=<< unloaded.

If he's really ever taught a class that actual people attended and paid for, they deserve a refund. As many times as he's repeated outright lies in this thread alone though, I seriously doubt he's ever taught a class. This place has been overrun with phonies, liars and trolls over the last few months. Probably a plant for the Mommies.

Yeah, and a 2A "advocate" who thinks big game trophy hunting should be a crime is a dead give-away. Dude's the most extreme FUDD we've ever seen around here.

Blues

You trying to oppress people's choice will never be freedom no matter what insane self centered justification you use.

Other people having to pay the price, and clean up someone else's mess due to their bad choices is not "freedom". It never has been, and it never will be. Regardless of how much you try to spin, or sugar coat it otherwise. Drugs, (prescription, or illegal), don't just effect the people who use them. They can and do destroy the people and families around them. Your not "oppressing" choices. You're eliminating pain. The use of recreational drugs, be they legal or illegal, cause nothing but. The people who use them are the ones who are self centered. They care only about themselves. That's not "justified". It's stupid, selfish, and senseless. Look at what is spent on drug rehab in this country every year. Then look at what percentage the addicts themselves pay. Now tell us, who's "choice" is that?

Other people having to pay the price, and clean up someone else's mess due to their bad choices is not "freedom". It never has been, and it never will be. Regardless of how much you try to spin, or sugar coat it otherwise. Drugs, (prescription, or illegal), don't just effect the people who use them. They can and do destroy the people and families around them. Your not "oppressing" choices. You're eliminating pain. The use of recreational drugs, be they legal or illegal, cause nothing but. The people who use them are the ones who are self centered. They care only about themselves. That's not "justified". It's stupid, selfish, and senseless. Look at what is spent on drug rehab in this country every year. Then look at what percentage the addicts themselves pay. Now tell us, who's "choice" is that?

All people in rehab for all drug problems account for 8% of the population.

If you are going to use less than 8% of the population who are addicted to marijuana to try and control the entire population you are no better than the anti 2A people using AR15s in school shootings to try and ban all firearms.

The only reason we are paying for drug rehab for other people is because the government wants what you want...control over the people. You are "oppressing" choices, justifying it by "blaming" everyone else for your family problems.

It's been 13 days since this thread started, no one I know that smokes marijuana and carries has shot anyone or crashed their vehicles...but 777 people have died in car crashes involving sober people...what are you going to ban to eliminate that pain?

All people in rehab for all drug problems account for 8% of the population.

If you are going to use less than 8% of the population who are addicted to marijuana to try and control the entire population you are no better than the anti 2A people using AR15s in school shootings to try and ban all firearms.
I want to know where you got this random percentage. I find it hard to believe that if there are actually 25,360,000 people (8% of our 2014 population of 317 million) in rehab period, much less rehab that is funded by the taxpayer. I further defy you to show a hint of evidence that even a fraction of a percent of those are there for marijuana. Quit throwing random numbers around like they are facts.
-
I would venture a guess that the largest percentage of those in rehab are there for alcohol.

Can you imagine taking a class from that guy? I guess he doesn't carry a Glock anymore (if he really carries anything, that is), but when he did, he put a trigger block on it because it didn't have an external safety.

He says he's a "big fan" of condition 3 training, which I don't know if he just trains for the heck of it that way, or if he actually utilizes the training he's supposedly gotten, or if he forces that nonsense on his students and makes 'em pay to be force-fed such a ridiculously brain-dead "tactic" as carrying, for all intents and purposes, an unloaded weapon. I guess he pretty much answered that question though when he said in reply to Navy that, "...no safer more comforting carry condition can be achieved than a Glock in Condition 3 in trained hands." So not only did he inhibit the full design functionality of his Glock(s) with a trigger block safety, but he thinks in terms of feeeeeelings and "comfort" rather than tactics when it comes to carrying a fully-functional, ready to fire firearm and chooses instead to carry condition 3 >>=<< unloaded.

If he's really ever taught a class that actual people attended and paid for, they deserve a refund. As many times as he's repeated outright lies in this thread alone though, I seriously doubt he's ever taught a class. This place has been overrun with phonies, liars and trolls over the last few months. Probably a plant for the Mommies.

Yeah, and a 2A "advocate" who thinks big game trophy hunting should be a crime is a dead give-away. Dude's the most extreme FUDD we've ever seen around here.

Blues

Yahn. Link Removed

Yahn. Link Removed

What's your point? Maybe you can cite the rule that says one member can't comment on what another member says. If not, then perhaps it's time for you to be reminded of some rules and manners.

1) Don't lie. Here you said, "We have fire, Blues, Charles and Axe calling members here who want people with guns to be clean and sober, FREEDON HATING NAZIS. How telling."

Up to that point I had made one post in reply to JimTH that discussed the thread topic, and that took note of the lack of links or citations for some rather out-there claims he was making, but I didn't call him any names, and certainly not a "FREEDOM HATING NAZI." After that, I made three posts that had zero to do with the thread topic in reply to what I perceived as a weird kind of innuendo by another member, but other than that member's name being in the quote-box I was replying to, I didn't mention anybody in the thread at all. Then I left you to make a fool out of yourself without any help from me by taking a break from the forum for a full week, ending at Post #218 in this thread.

So you're a liar, and lying about what other members have said is against the rules, and most certainly violates any standard of manners I've ever heard of.

2) Here again, don't lie, and don't think that your status as a Site Supporter gives you any more authority to call for bans or moderation than anyone else. You said, "Reading this thread one glaring problem comes to light. The site is in need of moderation. We have dope smoking, drug using, anti all police, roaches in the woodwork."

You have a handful of people here who disclosed that they smoked pot 30+ years ago, and who all specifically said they haven't done it since then. You're now a serial liar.

3) More lies. "As a forum, can we litigate against the forum members here who have ruined this forum with their drug crazed posts?"

To a person, everyone who has admitted to smoking pot at some point in their lives have said they stopped many years ago. There is zero evidence of support for drug use of any kind in this thread. The other side of the argument than yours about the actual topic of the thread is a legal/constitutional/policy/political issue, not a drug use issue. No one has supported an opposition position to your stances because they intend to use drugs. They/we have only opposed policies that put government in control of people's private lives. There are perfectly valid laws against driving while impaired that can address safety concerns out in public, but you gun-grabber lites want to prohibit ownership of guns for what someone might do in the privacy of their own homes. You lose the ability/credibility to comment on rights issues when you take such an anti-individual-liberty stand as that, and then turn around and lie about our positions coming from being "drug crazed." Quit lying. I've already caught you three times in this thread alone. Most forums you'd already be banned, but I'm fine with bans being a rare thing here, even in your case, because the solution to freakazoid speech such as yours isn't banishment or censorship, it's sunlight, and dude, I'm putting so much sunlight on your hairless, dimpled, lying backside that we can see the blisters rising from here!

4) You address this post to "You dopers" clearly directing the post to those who have disagreed with you, billt and JimTH in this thread. So not only do you add to your list of serial lies, you engage in name-calling in just the first two words of the post. You goin' for a record? Please refer to the rules you posted for some unknown reason in reply to me.

So "Yahn" all you want you pusillanimous prevaricator. You found the link to the rules, but obviously couldn't be bothered to give 'em a once-over.

Of course, I would expect nothing less from a badgefluffing, despicable hate-monger like you, who seems to think that trying to rescue a stray kitten without "proper" ID is a perfectly valid reason for cops to shoot an unarmed citizen.

Good manners would dictate that you stop exposing yourself amongst discerning company.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back