Smoking Pot and Carrying Concealed... not so sure it's wise

Sure, what could go wrong. LOL!

Is there a sign up sheet at the local sheriff's office for pot users? How would the sheriff know?

This might trip them up when buying a gun from a licensed dealer:

4. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Then again, maybe not.

Potheads with guns...Colorado was stupid enough to legalize pot so why not let the potheads have carry permits. This country gets stupider and stupider every day. I am sure we have potheads lurking around this forum...try to convince me stoners need to be playing with guns.

Are there any questions on the application regarding alcohol use?

From the Colorado permit application:

Have you been treated for alcoholism within the past ten years or ever been involuntarily committed as an alcoholic?

Have you had two or more alcohol-related convictions within the past ten years?

Seems like change the two questions to:

Have you been treated for alcoholism or drug addiction within the past ten years or ever been involuntarily committed as an alcoholic or drug addict?

Have you had two or more alcohol or drug related convictions within the past ten years?

I don't see an issue....

Of course the Feds will have to ignore enforcing the marijuana prohibition regarding firearms equally as they are ignoring the rest of the Federal laws regarding marijuana.

The difference between pot and alcohol is nearly the difference between night and day. Now clearly alcohol can be drunk to extremes, however alcohol in very limited quantities will not adversely affect someones motor skills or higher brain functions. In complete disclosure I do not drink alcohol, used to but no more.

On the other hand, with pot there is no minimum amount a person can smoke without experiencing the full effects of THC. Motor skills, time and spatial reality are all affected. Pot is categorized as a hallucinogen by the DEA. In complete disclosure I used to smoke a joint once in a while many years ago so I am an authority on the effects of pot and alcohol. For all those that want potheads to carry any weapon much less a concealed firearm, let us pose an experiment. Gather all the pro smoke dope and carry concealed folks together in an auditorium, provide them with plenty of pot, let them smoke it and then give each one of them a loaded 40 cal. Force them to do defensive drills with silhouettes with live rounds. Leave them alone for several hours.

I know of a few Marijuana users that carry now...and would you believe it they haven't done anything like some here seem to think they would...MIND BLOWING

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

So, I'm curious and I can't add a poll to a thread I didn't start.

Should legal marijuana use (legal according to state law) be a disqualifier for a Concealed Pistol License, CHL, CWP, whatever it's called in your state? Yes or no.

I vote no because:

1. There should be no government permission required for any person to carry a gun for self protection.
2. Just because a person has government permission doesn't mean they will carry a gun under the influence.
3. If you think it is enough of a problem to carry under the influence of marijuana than make it illegal to carry under the influence of marijuana (which I personally disagree with), but that should have nothing to do with hindering any person's legal ability to carry when not under the influence.

In Washington...no training required for our CPL, no law against carrying under the influence (although it is illegal to carry in a bar area) and we and other states just like us just don't have any measurable problems with negligent shootings by people under the influence.

The difference between pot and alcohol is nearly the difference between night and day. Now clearly alcohol can be drunk to extremes, however alcohol in very limited quantities will not adversely affect someones motor skills or higher brain functions. In complete disclosure I do not drink alcohol, used to but no more.

On the other hand, with pot there is no minimum amount a person can smoke without experiencing the full effects of THC. Motor skills, time and spatial reality are all affected. Pot is categorized as a hallucinogen by the DEA. In complete disclosure I used to smoke a joint once in a while many years ago so I am an authority on the effects of pot and alcohol. For all those that want potheads to carry any weapon much less a concealed firearm, let us pose an experiment. Gather all the pro smoke dope and carry concealed folks together in an auditorium, provide them with plenty of pot, let them smoke it and then give each one of them a loaded 40 cal. Force them to do defensive drills with silhouettes with live rounds. Leave them alone for several hours.
I don't know Jim. A couple of beers and I'm done. Maybe age is catching-up. I fall asleep. I won't take my gun if I intend to have a couple. I rely on my wife to carry; she doesn't drink at all.

Question on the 4473 , are you an illegal user of marijuana? In Colorado, that answer would be no, if you smoke it or not, if you smoke pot that is taxed by the state. ??

Off subject, i do not smoke pot, i am a control junkie. No drugs or booze. I like caffeine. Secondly, pot is a schedule one drug for only one reason, THC cures cancer. Proven in study after study, world wide. The fda cannot patent THC any more than they can patent saltwater. Hemp oil cures cancer. The last thing the ama wants is people curing their own cancer from their own backyard. Search Canada Cancer Cure.

The ATF says otherwise. I would think an NRA instructor would know that.....

https://www.atf.gov/files/press/rel...all-ffls-marijuana-for-medicinal-purposes.pdf

My statement had two question marks behind it. Meaning something to be questioned, I was not stating facts, or ATF policies. I also said I have no dog in that fight, when they outlaw Mt. Dew, and Coffee, then I riot!

I was an FFL dealer for years. Retired. I still call them yellow sheets.

On smoking pot, burn plastic, and inhale that. It would get you high. Should we outlaw plastic, because someone is dumb enough to do it? Our war on drugs is a failure. Should we double the amount of prisons, or maybe give back the paddle to the vice principal, and allow discipline in schools again? We can buffalo the 6 year olds, or we can give the 25 year olds drug treatment programs in prisons, which was / is more effective? One worked, one is a dismal failure.

We have spoiled, non loved, non disciplined youth, and they turn into POS. Our country is doomed, because we let it fail.

Question on the 4473 , are you an illegal user of marijuana? In Colorado, that answer would be no, if you smoke it or not, if you smoke pot that is taxed by the state. ??

Pot only recently became legal in CO. If there is/was an arrest and conviction before it was legalized the answer is still yes. Any prior convictions shouldn't be overturned. They were found guilty of doing something that was illegal at the time.

Are there any questions on the application regarding alcohol use?

Of course the Feds will have to ignore enforcing the marijuana prohibition regarding firearms equally as they are ignoring the rest of the Federal laws regarding marijuana.

Shall we add "ignoring any and all Federal laws that our king and his Abysmal General deem as irrelevant, including the Constitution"

As long as they stay under the legal limit for driving, a blood level of 5 nanograms of THC or higher, they should be safe while carrying

On the other hand, with pot there is no minimum amount a person can smoke without experiencing the full effects of THC.BULLCRAP, 100% BULLCRAP!!! Motor skills, time and spatial reality are all affected. Pot is categorized as a hallucinogen by the DEA. Like they have a frigging clue... do you believe everything govt tells you? In complete disclosure I used to smoke a joint once in a while many years ago so I am an authority on the effects of pot and alcohol. You smoked some in the past so now you are an AUTHORITY? LMFAO!!!! For all those that want potheads to carry any weapon much less a concealed firearm, let us pose an experiment. Gather all the pro smoke dope and carry concealed folks together in an auditorium, provide them with plenty of pot, let them smoke it and then give each one of them a loaded 40 cal. Force them to do defensive drills with silhouettes with live rounds. Leave them alone for several hours.

Wow, the stupid is thick in this quoted post......

I see no problem with allowing a person who smokes pot to carry concealed..... In my experience with the stuff (back in high school days) I dont think the person who has smoked some would be able to pull the trigger, he would keep going in a loop trying to make the decision, lol

I don't know Jim. A couple of beers and I'm done. Maybe age is catching-up. I fall asleep. I won't take my gun if I intend to have a couple. I rely on my wife to carry; she doesn't drink at all.

If a person is going to carry, you assume the responsibility. To be under the influence while carrying, is plain and simple, bad ju-ju, period.

While I'm not a pot smoker, [and like alcohol] I don't see an issue with it if it's used responsibly. This is where some folks unfortunately, cannot draw that line of reason. I occasionally do drink alcohol, and with that said, if I decide to have "a few" with the buddies, that is when the gun gets put away. The choice to drink, and not have my carry, is mine to make. To be vulnerable for that period, is something that I need to be willing to accept.
If a situation breaks out while you are carrying and under the influence, the courts would likely use this against you while you're trying to argue your defense. Not worth It, IMO.

Should legal marijuana use (legal according to state law) be a disqualifier for a Concealed Pistol License, CHL, CWP, whatever it's called in your state? Yes or no.

No "poll" is needed because the ATF has already issued a letter regarding this.

ATF Open Letter To FFL's Regarding Medical Marijuana

If you are a user of "Medical Marijuana" you are a illegal user of Marijuana, and will be denied the purchase of a firearm. Marijuana is illegal under federal law. The ATF operates under all Federal statutes and laws. Bottom line: Use dope.... No guns. Whine all you want, those are the facts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back