Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
X When the Muslims soon become the majority here and insist on conversion to Islam or die, what will you do? Will you reaffirm your position of there being no god and lose your life? Or will you willingly accept Islam to save your life? That will be your litmus test.

Oy vey, Pascal shows up again.....WOW, you have lost touch with reality old man...

The writing is already on the wall. It is 1938 again and this world is actively being prepared for another holocaust, only this time it won't be confined to Jewish men and women, followers of Jesus Christ will be in the cross-hairs too. It is not Islamic fundamentalists who the Department for Homeland Security now define as the number one threat to United States of America, it is Bible believing Christians; it is you if you are a follower of Jesus Christ.

Link Removed

Atheists aren't required to be outwardly committed to what we believe. Living in this country allows us that freedom. I have no problem telling the firing squad that I believe in Ala. It doesn't change the fact that I don't. Christians on the otherhand have to proclaim their faith even in the face of death. Sucks to be you.

Atheists aren't required to be outwardly committed to what we believe. Living in this country allows us that freedom. I have no problem telling the firing squad that I believe in Ala. It doesn't change the fact that I don't. Christians on the otherhand have to proclaim their faith even in the face of death. Sucks to be you.

Yup absolutely no integrity. Folks that encourage dishonesty. Great thing to teach the kids Lucy!

Atheists aren't required to be truthful... Sucks to be a liar!

Yup absolutely no integrity. Folks that encourage dishonesty. Great thing to teach the kids Lucy!

Atheists aren't required to be truthful... Sucks to be a liar!

If religion is the only think keeping you from being a horrible person, you are already a horrible person.

Those who push their belief in God, whether that belief be expressed through a religion like Christianity or even Islam, onto others are equally as dangerous as those who push their belief that there isn't a God onto others. Both merely perpetuate the war between the believers (including the believers of one religion over another) and the non believers.
The operative words here are "who push". They want to push it into laws that control everyone, they want to push it into schools, often at the cost of science. If you watch what is going on, atheists do not push that god does not exist, but we push BACK against those who push their god (any god). If theists treated their religion like their genitalia and kept it private, you would not even be aware atheists existed.
When does religion become a threat to mankind? When someone, or a group of someones, decide they must make everyone believe the same thing they do. Whether that is a belief in God or a belief that God doesn't exist... both side are arguing a belief they want the other side to convert to.

The choice is to agree to disagree or to continue perpetuating the disagreement. And those who prefer to perpetuate the disagreement (from both sides) contribute to religion being a threat to mankind.

And that wasn't a rant... just reason.
When does religion become a threat to mankind? Wow...... Paris, Syria, Tunisia, Belgium, Mali, and terrorists drills in major cities across this country, all this week.

The real question when has religion NOT been a threat?

XD: Until you and others started commenting on posts by believers, we didn't really have many problems and everything went along well. You seem to have difficulty with the fact that Biblical law has been recognized from the beginning of the country and incorporated into secular laws. There was some Biblical teaching in school and I don't know that it caused any problems to the minds of children. Instead, they were taught moral laws, socialization and consideration for others, science, math, and the basics for living life. Nothing detrimental in that.

Morality was taught using Biblical laws. Promiscuous sex was frowned on, teenage pregnancies were rare, students were taught respect for teachers and elders and left school as civilized people. Then prayer was taken out of schools, no reference to God was allowed and things went downhill from there. Morality suffered, teenage pregnancies resulted, venereal diseases popped up in kids, abortions were legalized, homosexuality reared its ugly head, and on and on. Morality, as a societal norm, has vanished and been replaced with the idea that the individual can, and will, determine what is right and wrong and it is no one's business. They don't consider the impact to the rest of society and, yes, it is other people's business. We live in this world also. People only fight God's laws because they stop them from doing what they want.

You keep referring to genitalia as if that is the yardstick for discussions and that it should be kept private, That is exactly how we feel about the gay lifestyle. Don't flaunt it, go home and engage in debauchery to their heart's content. Don't be deliberately offensive to society in their newfound liberation. Consideration for others goes two ways, regardless of religious principles.

If one wants to blame all of the ills of the world on religion, at least examine all religions before making an all encompassing statement. Some are not so militant and urge followers to engage in warfare or other heinous acts. BTW, did you notice I didn't mention Pascal, Wager or allude to it?

Anyway, so much for arguing right now, hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

Promiscuous sex was frowned on, teenage pregnancies were rare, students were taught respect for teachers and elders and left school as civilized people. Then prayer was taken out of schools, no reference to God was allowed and things went downhill from there. Morality suffered, teenage pregnancies resulted, venereal diseases popped up in kids, abortions were legalized, homosexuality reared its ugly head, and on and on.
It's not that these things happened any less back then. Pregnancy and abortions were covered up. No one knew about the girl in your high school that got knocked up because she disappeared and you never heard from her again. There are no more homosexuals per capita now than then. They are born that way. They just did a better job of hiding it, because they knew that they could get beat up or killed because of it. And the reason students act they way they do isn't because some bible verses were read in school. It's because students aren't paddled the way they were back in the day. The wussie parents didn't want their little angle to get paddled when they acted up. I'm sure there were plenty of christian parents who got in on those law suits. It's not the lack of religion. It's the lack of discipline.

You keep referring to genitalia as if that is the yardstick for discussions and that it should be kept private, That is exactly how we feel about the gay lifestyle. Don't flaunt it, go home and engage in debauchery to their heart's content. Don't be deliberately offensive to society in their newfound liberation. Consideration for others goes two ways, regardless of religious principles.
met·a·phor
ˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/
noun
a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.

I can't imagine you're really that dumb to not know one when you see it. You're just afraid of the language. I bet you're a boring lover if you can't handle a sentence that refers to a person's "naughty bits".

If one wants to blame all of the ills of the world on religion, at least examine all religions before making an all encompassing statement. Some are not so militant and urge followers to engage in warfare or other heinous acts.
Not all of the worlds religions have been or are militant. I bet you know the 2 in the world that everyone thinks of though. One just hasn't been for several hundred years.
Link Removed

Morality was taught using Biblical laws. Promiscuous sex was frowned on, teenage pregnancies were rare, students were taught respect for teachers and elders and left school as civilized people. Then prayer was taken out of schools, no reference to God was allowed and things went downhill from there. Morality suffered, teenage pregnancies resulted, venereal diseases popped up in kids
The only problem is you are flat out wrong, the teen birth rate has declined. Pregnant teens were 'sent away' to have their baby. This was also the era when even a married teacher was not allowed in the classroom once she began to 'show'.

Link Removed

They are vocal because they are trying to gain or keep their rights as Americans, in the very same manner as most people on this forum defending our 2A rights, and pushing each of our states to actually pass laws to in support of the Second Amendment.

On the other hand as a christian opposed to homosexuals, you are using the same tactics as the anti-gun crowd that want to take our guns.

If one wants to blame all of the ills of the world on religion, at least examine all religions before making an all encompassing statement. Some are not so militant and urge followers to engage in warfare or other heinous acts. BTW, did you notice I didn't mention Pascal, Wager or allude to it?

Anyway, so much for arguing right now, hope you have a good Thanksgiving.
My common reference is to christians for the simple reason there are the majority, and in my backyard so to speak, and have imposed laws based on the bible into civil law that applies to everyone. 2 years ago, dozens of christian preachers lined up in front of the new camera on the city hall steps here, expressing their blind hate of homosexuals. Billy Graham, TV spots to vote to discriminate on a ballot initiative to deny rights to gays. One tends to pay attention to the threat in your own backyard first.

Also if you had paid attention you should have noted that when I talk about the threat, I do not single out christians, but religionS (plural). I am an equally opposed to all religions.

First, I would like to congratulate Sancho on making an intelligent statement, for once. I can agree with him in part about his assertions except on the pregnancies and abortions. I am not saying sex didn't happen but not to the degree we are now seeing. I am from a small southern town where everybody knows everybody else. I never even heard of an abortion back in those days because, oddly enough, we had a religious upbringing that helped us then and continues until the present day. You are correct in paddling in school back then (way back then for me) and when you got home from school, you would get another one. Back in my day, even a 17 year old would get a paddling and keep their mouths shut afterwards. There was no such thing as parents getting involved in school discipline. Also, we didn't have police officers stationed in our schools. Once a week, we had "Bible ladies" come to our school and had Bible stories taught to us. Yes, those Bible verses did help us. BTW, I do know what a metaphor is but I was bugging XD for his comments. And now you are bringing sex into the discussion? Are you a pervert or just trying to be cute?

XD, just how old are you? I have never heard of a pregnant teacher not being allowed in a classroom. You must be a hell of a lot older than me! I have never seen the charts you offer and will not try to dispute them. I have seen many girls the last few years getting pregnant and even attending graduations and other activities while pregnant. I think that is rather indicative of the current lack of morals. Still wrong.

As a Christian opposed to homosexuality, I follow my Bible and what it says about it being an abomination, for both men and women. I also object to laws that change the definition of marriage for no other reason than to appease a depraved group of people. No, I do not associate with those living the gay lifestyle. If they leave that life and return to societal norms, I would have no objections to them. I know your feelings about that and will tell you straight out, I think your take on the whole situation is absolutely wrong and you are not in the majority with your thought. In all seriousness, I feel that, if the entire country thought as you do, and was able to follow your lead, our society be like a disease, not able to function and spread so fast we would fall into a very depraved state. Everybody do their own thing! No regard for others! Screw you and hooray for me because that is the way I want it! That would not be a society that many would want to live in. It is absolutely essential that we have secular laws AND religious principles to live by. Whether you agree or not, religious laws are inculcated into our secular laws and have served us quite well. It is only because of the evil that has entered into society that secular laws have been altered to permit murder of unborn children and the rise of a hedonistic group of people who are an embarrassment to any society. We may not necessarily agree with them but it is imperative that we have a balance in order to function!

txfilmmaker... You may not have read far enough back to understand that all the bible quotes in the world aren't going to magically change our mind. We don't believe the book they come from is divine. It's a man-made fiction to keep the uneducated masses in line.

You're right, I have not read the whole thread, but the word of God is powerful. If you are destined to be adopted by God, it will have a profound effect on you. If you are bent on rejecting God, you will (sadly) receive what you deserve. I am thankful that God opened my eyes to the truth of His Word. He cleansed me from my sin. It happened in a moment. The Bible came alive and I've never been the same. I got what I did not deserve.

My friends and I are very educated. You can have all the knowledge in the world and still be a fool. I'm not calling anyone a fool, but wisdom is more important than knowledge. When you reject God's truth, you can believe anything. I'm packing! Im packing a "double edged sword."

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.”
**Titus‬ *2:11-14‬ *ESV‬‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People don't reject the Bible because the Bible contradicts itself, people reject the Bible because the Bible contradicts them.

Truth - I rejected it for years because it contradicted my desires for sin. The question of the inerrancy of the Bible has to do with lordship. Those who are unwilling to turn from sin and follow Jesus, reject it. I pray God will change your hearts and orient it towards Him.

XD, just how old are you? I have never heard of a pregnant teacher not being allowed in a classroom. You must be a hell of a lot older than me! I have never seen the charts you offer and will not try to dispute them. I have seen many girls the last few years getting pregnant and even attending graduations and other activities while pregnant. I think that is rather indicative of the current lack of morals. Still wrong.
Well that might be because of the school district/state you were in. I know you are in AL now, but have no idea where you grew up. But here, (I live in the town I grew up in) and I suspect throughout the bible belt, pregnant teaches were not in the classroom, policy.

7th grade, and the one of the coolest teachers I ever had took leave (probably without pay) over the Thanksgiving break, probably about the time she started to show. We had a battleaxe for the rest of the year, who obviously hated kids. She did come back to teach the next school year.

Gasp, a pregnant woman standing before a classroom of kids would clearly indicate that she had had sex. This is when pregnant women were refereed to as "in a family way" and couples on TV slept in separate beds.

Though married women stayed in the teaching corps after the war, they frequently were not permitted to do so while pregnant. A 1948 National Education Association survey revealed that 43% of school districts had no maternity leave policies, but the rest had compulsory maternity leave, usually starting in the fourth to sixth month and lasting until well after childbirth. School boards opposing the presence of visibly pregnant women in classrooms feared that liability might arise in case of injury to mother or child, the sight of pregnant women would unfavorably influence students, or that pregnant teachers' minds would not be on their work or that the physical demands of teaching could not be met by pregnant women. Over the next 17 years, compulsory maternity leaves gradually were shortened and made more flexible, but the proportion of school districts adopting such polices increased. In general, these policies assumed that female teachers were incapable of making their own decisions about work, health care, and the needs of the nation's children.
https://www.law.georgetown.edu/library/collections/gender-legal-history/glh-summary.cfm?glhID=FF2BA1A8-9057-B8B0-277512F8CB54510F

Truth - I rejected it for years because it contradicted my desires for sin. The question of the inerrancy of the Bible has to do with lordship. Those who are unwilling to turn from sin and follow Jesus, reject it. I pray God will change your hearts and orient it towards Him.

I still reject it, and I still have no desire to sin. Clearly indicates that the fear of a wrathful god has effected your behavior, and that sir is a false morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back