Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD, you can't understand our rationale because you have not accepted the Lord as your Savior.

Which is the most irrational thing a person could do. It's all man made, not real, it is make believe.

Which is the most irrational thing a person could do. It's all man made, not real, it is make believe.

More absolute statements about God. Hmm. I guess I need to help you on this one.

Omniscience /ɒmˈnɪʃəns/,[1] is the capacity to know everything that there is to know. Wow! I've never met a human that was Omniscient. Atheists must be, otherwise it would be intellectually dishonest to believe there can't be any evidence or knowledge of God. Atheists must know it all and have put in exhaustive research. Or perhaps they should categorize themselves as agnostics.

"If I were to make an absolute statement such as, “There is no gold in China,” what is needed for that statement to be proven true? I need absolute or total knowledge. I need to have information that there is no gold in any rock, in any river, in the ground, in any store, in any ring, or in any mouth (gold filling) in China. If there is one speck of gold in China, then my statement is false and I have no basis for it. I need absolute knowledge before I can make an absolute statement of that nature. Conversely, for me to say, “There is gold in China,” I don’t need to have all knowledge. I just need to have seen a speck of gold in the country, and the statement is then true.

To say categorically, “There is no God,” is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is no God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion.

If you insist upon disbelief in God, what you must say is, “Having the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that there is no God.” Owing to a lack of knowledge on your part, you don’t know if God exists. So, in the strict sense of the word, you cannot be an atheist. The only true qualifier for the title is the One who has absolute knowledge, and why on earth would God want to deny His own existence?

The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic”—one who claims he “doesn’t know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful” (Psalm 10:4). It’s not that a person can’t find God, but that he won’t. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can’t find God for the same reason a thief can’t find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.

It is said that Mussolini (the Italian dictator), once stood on a pinnacle and cried, “God, if you are there, strike me dead!” When God didn’t immediately bow to his dictates, Mussolini then concluded that there was no God. However, his prayer was answered some time later." Ray Comfort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double dipping still? I suggest you stop and get yourself together and think things out before you reply, so you won't have to double and triple dip. Sounds like someone's got your goat and you keep coming up with things you reply in anger and then think of something else. Can't get it together, dude? Sure sign of old age or dementia, or a life full of hate and misery.

More absolute statements about God. Hmm. I guess I need to help you on this one.

Omniscience /ɒmˈnɪʃəns/,[1] is the capacity to know everything that there is to know. Wow! I've never met a human that was Omniscient. Atheists must be, otherwise it would be intellectually dishonest to believe there can't be any evidence or knowledge of God. Atheists must know it all and have put in exhaustive research. Or perhaps they should categorize themselves as agnostics.

"If I were to make an absolute statement such as, “There is no gold in China,” what is needed for that statement to be proven true? I need absolute or total knowledge. I need to have information that there is no gold in any rock, in any river, in the ground, in any store, in any ring, or in any mouth (gold filling) in China. If there is one speck of gold in China, then my statement is false and I have no basis for it. I need absolute knowledge before I can make an absolute statement of that nature. Conversely, for me to say, “There is gold in China,” I don’t need to have all knowledge. I just need to have seen a speck of gold in the country, and the statement is then true.

To say categorically, “There is no God,” is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is no God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion.

If you insist upon disbelief in God, what you must say is, “Having the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that there is no God.” Owing to a lack of knowledge on your part, you don’t know if God exists. So, in the strict sense of the word, you cannot be an atheist. The only true qualifier for the title is the One who has absolute knowledge, and why on earth would God want to deny His own existence?

The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic”—one who claims he “doesn’t know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “ignoramus.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful” (Psalm 10:4). It’s not that a person can’t find God, but that he won’t. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can’t find God for the same reason a thief can’t find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.

It is said that Mussolini (the Italian dictator), once stood on a pinnacle and cried, “God, if you are there, strike me dead!” When God didn’t immediately bow to his dictates, Mussolini then concluded that there was no God. However, his prayer was answered some time later." Ray Comfort

Thanks, that helps a great deal. It reaffirms that beliefs in gods (any and all) is irrational.

After all you are 99.99% atheist, for there are many many gods you don't believe in. Thousand or so down, one to go.

Thanks, that helps a great deal. It reaffirms that beliefs in gods (any and all) is irrational.

After all you are 99.99% atheist, for there are many many gods you don't believe in. Thousand or so down, one to go.

Ha ha. Your logic is amazing. If your honest, you'll start calling yourself an agnostic.

Double dipping still? I suggest you stop and get yourself together and think things out before you reply, so you won't have to double and triple dip. Sounds like someone's got your goat and you keep coming up with things you reply in anger and then think of something else. Can't get it together, dude? Sure sign of old age or dementia, or a life full of hate and misery.

When you have nothing to substantiate your views you are reduced to silly little nonsense as demonstrated here. Can't you come up with something rational to support your views, nothing but name name calling and school yard level taunts.

And you have double dipped, responding to the same person, remember? And the new kid on the block, obviously on your team, has triple dipped almost out of the chute.... one would tend to think you are also a hypocrite for not pointing out that out, right? Come on man step up, prove your character, prove you have some integrity, prove you have something beside name calling, taunts, all well seasoned with hypocrisy...

Or merely prove you got squat.

XD40sxinNC - This is a serious question. And forgive me, but maybe this is answered elsewhere. I was wondering if you are an atheism evangelist. Do you feel it's your ordained duty to convert believers to unbelief. This is obviously an "off-topic" category and I certainly appreciate our common desire in keeping our 2A rights. However, you do appear to want to convince us to reject our God. Just wondering. Thanks

XD40sxinNC - This is a serious question. And forgive me, but maybe this is answered elsewhere. I was wondering if you are an atheism evangelist. Do you feel it's your ordained duty to convert believers to unbelief. This is obviously an "off-topic" category and I certainly appreciate our common desire in keeping our 2A rights. However, you do appear to want to convince us to reject our God. Just wondering. Thanks

No, if theists (all flavors) would keep their bias and bigotry based on their beliefs out of society, out of our civil laws, out of our schools, out of science text books, out of local, national and world politics, and stop killing in the name of their god, I would basically ignore them as harmless.

In the real world I don't hang around with people that are going on about the nonsense of Jesus is coming, the end is near, etc., etc., but when I see a new thread with the title "Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation" or "No Morality Without Jesus and Law" or "Hell Is Not a Joke" I just can't let the ignorance and hate that is the impetus for starting that thread slide. Ignorance and hate is a major source of the problems in this country, and the world.

You have every right to your beliefs, you have absolutely NO right to impose them on anyone else, and when theists (any flavor) attempt to do that I will speak up.

I think we, and virtually everyone participating in this thread and forum would agree that the greatest hurdle in trying to have a rational discussion with the anit-gun crowd or even change their views is their ignorance about guns, self-defense, and the fact that guns save lives every day. Every-time there is a shooting with an illegal obtained gun we are bombarded with the ignorance that the solution is to take take guns away from the law-abiding people. And I firmly believe that it is willful ignorance, for the simple reason they won't even try, or flat out deny the facts when presented.

Based on facts and reason I know a few anti-gunners that have actually rethought their views and changed their views, even though they still say guns are not for them. Same thing has happened with theists, when they question and try to rationalize what they have been taught. Theists are taught that they need no more knowledge than what their god (i.e. the religious leaders) decide they should have and they are taught not to question it any further but to just believe or they'll be punished. And that is a threat to mans future.

In that same vain we have politicians in office, (positions of power) and running for office that believe that the earth is 6000 years old, and deny evolution. Willful ignorance (the worst kind) as they completely deny the facts that science has proven, or just simply refuse to even listen. We are all concerned that the rabid anti-gunner Hillary could be elected. I am also concerned that someone that blatantly ignores science and facts could be elected.

But thank you for engaging in a discussion vs. the constant taunts and insults that several here seem limited to in their ability to deal with other with different views, it is refreshing.

Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

"Thanks for engaging instead of the taunts"
LOL
"Others with different views, it is refreshing"
Sorry I laughed so hard snot came out my nose!

No, if theists (all flavors) would keep their bias and bigotry based on their beliefs out of society, out of our civil laws, out of our schools, out of science text books, out of local, national and world politics, and stop killing in the name of their god, I would basically ignore them as harmless.

In the real world I don't hang around with people that are going on about the nonsense of Jesus is coming, the end is near, etc., etc., but when I see a new thread with the title "Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation" or "No Morality Without Jesus and Law" or "Hell Is Not a Joke" I just can't let the ignorance and hate that is the impetus for starting that thread slide. Ignorance and hate is a major source of the problems in this country, and the world.

You have every right to your beliefs, you have absolutely NO right to impose them on anyone else, and when theists (any flavor) attempt to do that I will speak up.

I think we, and virtually everyone participating in this thread and forum would agree that the greatest hurdle in trying to have a rational discussion with the anit-gun crowd or even change their views is their ignorance about guns, self-defense, and the fact that guns save lives every day. Every-time there is a shooting with an illegal obtained gun we are bombarded with the ignorance that the solution is to take take guns away from the law-abiding people. And I firmly believe that it is willful ignorance, for the simple reason they won't even try, or flat out deny the facts when presented.

Based on facts and reason I know a few anti-gunners that have actually rethought their views and changed their views, even though they still say guns are not for them. Same thing has happened with theists, when they question and try to rationalize what they have been taught. Theists are taught that they need no more knowledge than what their god (i.e. the religious leaders) decide they should have and they are taught not to question it any further but to just believe or they'll be punished. And that is a threat to mans future.

In that same vain we have politicians in office, (positions of power) and running for office that believe that the earth is 6000 years old, and deny evolution. Willful ignorance (the worst kind) as they completely deny the facts that science has proven, or just simply refuse to even listen. We are all concerned that the rabid anti-gunner Hillary could be elected. I am also concerned that someone that blatantly ignores science and facts could be elected.

But thank you for engaging in a discussion vs. the constant taunts and insults that several here seem limited to in their ability to deal with other with different views, it is refreshing.

You know what they say about discussing politics and religion. I think me jumping in the conversation, midway, put me at a disadvantage to understanding why the conversation was so sardonic. I don’t want to force my beliefs on anyone. I do want to share them. Beating people with points of view is not very effective. The Bible reminds us to share with gentleness and respect.

15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 1 Peter 3:15

I guess it is tempting to forget those verses when you feel the reader/listener is being mean spirited and insulting.

As far as keeping my beliefs to myself goes, I would like to point out that Penn Jillette, a committed atheist, has spoken admiringly and respectfully of Christians. He has also said that his interactions with Christians have been mostly positive.

It doesn’t appear you interactions have been as positive. I'm willing to bet that is why some of your responses included calling people like me delusional. It’s not always easy to remain calm when one or both sides show little respect for each other. I am sometimes tempted to be a sarcastic. Sarcasm is not listed as being part of the “fruits of the Spirit.”

In a YouTube video that went viral three years ago, Jillette criticized atheists who argue that Christians should not share their faith with others.

"I don't respect people who don't proselytize," Jillette said, "I don't respect that at all.

"If you believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and people could be going to Hell ... and you think it's not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward, ... how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize?

"How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that? I mean, if I believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that a truck was coming at you and you didn't believe it, ... there's a certain point where I tackle you, and [everlasting life] is more important than that."

I would be less than loving if I at least did not try to convince you and others to consider the claims of Jesus. If you don’t want to check into it, that’s your choice. I responded/commented here hoping that it would have a positive effect on someone. You specifically and then anyone else who might benefit. We both believe the other is wrong. It saddens me, but I don’t want to beat you up for it. I pray that you will see differently in the future. Not so I can get you to join the “club”, but for your own benefit.

I think communicating on the internet can influence people to act way less respectfully than they would face to face. It’s certainly a temptation when I’m feeling disrespected. Like you said, we can get a lot further ahead with respectful discussion vs. taunts and insults. Take care and (if you don't mind me saying so) God bless!

--
Colossians 1:9-14

"Thanks for engaging instead of the taunts"
LOL
"Others with different views, it is refreshing"
Sorry I laughed so hard snot came out my nose!
Shall we take a look at your postings and contributions over the past week by looking at your posting history in this thread and let others judge who brings nothing to this discussion, save for some drive by insults. Where is your rational contributions to the discussion, or even to support your own views?
2 of the 3 stooges have clearly stated they will lie at the drop of a hat. There is a lack of integrity and honesty. They cannot be believed or trusted. Go back and view their post. Nuff said!
Yup absolutely no integrity. Folks that encourage dishonesty. Great thing to teach the kids Lucy!

Atheists aren't required to be truthful... Sucks to be a liar!
I guess any of the 977,606 babies aborted this year so far would have been proud to call you Daddy! Nacelle
Exactly...goof
Sounds about right...Hollywood
It appears you are quite interested and spend much time.
I guess your expanding knowledge of the universe is your foundation of morals. It looks like that's how you roll.
The facts about Dr Suess...now that is high comedy right there LOL
So the three stooges follow Dr. Suess :)

I guess it is tempting to forget those verses when you feel the reader/listener is being mean spirited and insulting.

As far as keeping my beliefs to myself goes, I would like to point out that Penn Jillette, a committed atheist, has spoken admiringly and respectfully of Christians. He has also said that his interactions with Christians have been mostly positive.

First, that is a lot of typing on a phone!

I'm very familiar with Penn Jillette, and Neil deGrasse Tyson, another with a similar perspective regarding christians. How do you think they would classify the posts from Farmhood I collected in the post prior to this one? He is not the only one as SR9 is cut from the same flawed cloth. The more christians I see like this, the more I want less and less to do with them. Unwilling or unable to articulate anything but their hate for anyone with different views.

I have also heard Neil Tyson become very vocal when talking about christians trying to impose the dis-proven science (young earth, genisis vs. evolution) into our education system as examples. I suspect Penn Jillette would have similar feelings.

I like my privacy, not on facebook, twitter, etc., have a "No Soliticians" on my front door, and do not answer any call I don't recognize the caller. Living in the bible belt, some can get real damn pushy in their proselytizing. If after I say 'no thank you' and they continue, I walk away. Guess who ignores the sign? Con men working some scam, and proselytizing christians, and both end up looking at a close door.

Or the following; Would you consider these christians worthy of respect? How would you rate their proselytizing technique?
Not so:
A non-believer will not listen to any proof of God or the Bible because they just want to be right. They refuse to believe science or man. Deny, deny, deny.
But it does not make you right, only more likely to put you in Hell.
And yet you, and XD40, set on your computers all day long ridiculing and ranting against Christians. Talk about having no life..................
You are free to go to hell if you wish but yes, I make a different choice and expect you to respect it as God's plan for me.
And yet the moron double dips still again at 10:45 and 10;46 AM. Come on get it together dude.
That is my choice. I am satisfied with mine. It seems you relish eternity in hell.
Nacelle and XD and about 4 others on this forum think they are the experts on God, Jesus and the Bible, but there are about 2.2 BILLION people that say you are wrong. Odds not in you favor atheist dummies.

And guys, don't feel special, this is just an example of how some christians actually proselytize. And I would be remiss to omit OG and the fact I had better change or I will go straight to hell, it about 80% of his responses, however he does make the effort to express his position. Ringo, notorious for pasting wall of text, or images to insult, but he also will sporadically dust off his keyboard and actually engage.

XD40 - I won't try to justify others comments, but you open yourself up to it when you insult those who believe in God. You said you have a "No Solicitors" sign on your door. Threads like these are like public Bible studies. If you want to join a Bible study, fine. But don't walk in and start insulting the other participants. I notice you have chimed in on several threads like these. That's on you. If you frequently make comments saying people like me are uneducated and delusional, then don't be surprised if some tire of your replies. You are replying to threads that no one forced you to join. Below is a quote of yours where you call believers simple minded.

Believers in fairy tales always have nonsense little stories to use in their fantasy teachings, be it an impossible global flood, rising from the dead, turning into salt, stopping the sun in the sky, parting seas, etc., etc., but also using them in some strange name calling exercise. Guess it shows why religion is so successful, keep the stories simple for the simple minded.

You've been very condescending and invective with your posts. I'm all for discussions, but don't insult others beliefs. You can question them, but don't insult others, and the God they love, and then wonder why they don't respond well.

Whether one is considered to be an atheist, agnostic, Christian, or whatever, name calling doesn't say much for those of whichever persuasion. Rather than become rabid in one's take or belief, there is one ultimate question that has to be considered in forming your opinions. Does God exist? Your particular answer impacts on your life in all of its many different facets. If you do not believe in God, you are more or less free to do whatever you want. You can make up your own rules, even to the detriment of others. How you treat people is only significant to you since you make up the rules in your own little world and the thoughts of others have no meaning. If God doesn't exist, you are free of worldly constraints and, in the end, you believe your life simply ceases to exist so nothing matters.

BUT, if God does exist and the Bible is true, does that change how you will choose to live your life? If, as the Bible says, God knew us when we were still in our mother's wombs, doesn't that indicate we are here for His purposes? I think so.

You can reference many scientists that deny the existence of God while it is possible to quote many who do believe in and affirm His existence. Science has verified God's existence through the basic law of Abiogenesis: Life can come only from preexisting life. Life comes only from something already living, not from inert, dead matter. God, having eternal life in Himself, is the original Lifegiver. God has, and continues to reveal His existence, and, further, revealed that some will suppress the truth about Him. Why, in view of all the evidence, would anyone deny Him?

There are many theories which can give an explanation of life and it's origin and, before declaring oneself to unequivocally be an atheist, it might be of interest to do a little reading and find out more of our origin than some psuedo-scientific theories that seem to arise daily. I would recommend looking at Abiogenesis, the observation that living things come from only other living things. Omne vivum ex vivo, "all life is from life." There was, at one time, the theory of Spontaneous Generation, a belief that things could spontaneously come into being from nonliving matter. Louis Pasteur proved in 1864 that theory wrong.

To get deeper into the origin of life on earth, one can study Panspermia, a Greek word meaning seeds everywhere. This theory states that seeds of life exist all over the universe and can be propagated through space from one location to another. Even life on earth could have originated through these seeds. There is a wealth of knowledge that can be garnered by reading materials, both pro and con, and at least having more than personal opinion on which to base your particular thoughts.

Maybe, if we all took a break from our keyboards and studied a little, we could realize why we have formed our opinions and then, allow others to have their opinions without being so disagreeable with each other. It seems, in this case, contempt from one person breeds contempt from another until we all start looking rather foolish. To quote the famous words from Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Whether one is considered to be an atheist, agnostic, Christian, or whatever, name calling doesn't say much for those of whichever persuasion. Rather than become rabid in one's take or belief, there is one ultimate question that has to be considered in forming your opinions. Does God exist? Your particular answer impacts on your life in all of its many different facets. If you do not believe in God, you are more or less free to do whatever you want. You can make up your own rules, even to the detriment of others. How you treat people is only significant to you since you make up the rules in your own little world and the thoughts of others have no meaning. If God doesn't exist, you are free of worldly constraints and, in the end, you believe your life simply ceases to exist so nothing matters.

BUT, if God does exist and the Bible is true, does that change how you will choose to live your life? If, as the Bible says, God knew us when we were still in our mother's wombs, doesn't that indicate we are here for His purposes? I think so.

You can reference many scientists that deny the existence of God while it is possible to quote many who do believe in and affirm His existence. Science has verified God's existence through the basic law of Abiogenesis: Life can come only from preexisting life. Life comes only from something already living, not from inert, dead matter. God, having eternal life in Himself, is the original Lifegiver. God has, and continues to reveal His existence, and, further, revealed that some will suppress the truth about Him. Why, in view of all the evidence, would anyone deny Him?

There are many theories which can give an explanation of life and it's origin and, before declaring oneself to unequivocally be an atheist, it might be of interest to do a little reading and find out more of our origin than some psuedo-scientific theories that seem to arise daily. I would recommend looking at Abiogenesis, the observation that living things come from only other living things. Omne vivum ex vivo, "all life is from life." There was, at one time, the theory of Spontaneous Generation, a belief that things could spontaneously come into being from nonliving matter. Louis Pasteur proved in 1864 that theory wrong.

To get deeper into the origin of life on earth, one can study Panspermia, a Greek word meaning seeds everywhere. This theory states that seeds of life exist all over the universe and can be propagated through space from one location to another. Even life on earth could have originated through these seeds. There is a wealth of knowledge that can be garnered by reading materials, both pro and con, and at least having more than personal opinion on which to base your particular thoughts.

Maybe, if we all took a break from our keyboards and studied a little, we could realize why we have formed our opinions and then, allow others to have their opinions without being so disagreeable with each other. It seems, in this case, contempt from one person breeds contempt from another until we all start looking rather foolish. To quote the famous words from Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

There is no " law of abiogenesis." Abiogenesis is the natural process of life arising from non-living matter. Even if there were such a "law" it would make no sense for the "law of abiogenesis" to be "there is no abiogenesis."

We can certainly agree discussion of topics as interesting as the origins of life and of our universe are not helped, in any way, by the childish insults, name-calling, and "you're going to hell"s that are all-too-common here.

All that said, please try to stick to the facts. Your claim that "nothing matters" because I don't believe in your god is simply incorrect. I have not accused you of believing something which you do not, I only request that you show me the same respect.

First, prove it.
Second your bible is NOT proof of anything.

We were all born atheists. Take a child born to the most christian parents you can find, raise them as a Muslin or Buddhist, or Wiccan family. Guess what, they will become Muslim, Buddhist or Wiccan in their beliefs.

You're catholic, what would have been the reaction if you came home one day, said you no longer wanted to be catholic, wanted to be excommunicated because you were going to be baptized baptist next week, or Jewish, or whatever?

When seriously dating, did your parents question her religious affiliation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back