Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
Signs of the End of the Age & This Last Generation

"I tell you the truth, this generation (beginning in 1948) will certainly not pass away until all of these things have happened"​

Link Removed

I recently finished a book: The Coming Economic Armageddon, What Bible Prophecy Warns About End Times... by David Jeremiah. I wasn't convinced to a letter about the prophecy part but he had his facts together very well, overall I thought it was a good book.

Also, welcome back Ringo :)

I recently finished a book: The Coming Economic Armageddon, What Bible Prophecy Warns About End Times... by David Jeremiah. I wasn't convinced to a letter about the prophecy part but he had his facts together very well, overall I thought it was a good book.

Also, welcome back Ringo :)
Thanks gunner, good to be back. You can't go wrong with David Jeremiah! I listen to him every chance I get.

"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all of these things have happened"
(1948-?)​

Palestinian officials deny the Koran in order to declare there was never a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
March 22, 2013
- Jimmy DeYoung​

For years, the PA leaders have denied Jewish history both in ancient Judea and Samaria and in Jerusalem in particular with historical revisionism centering on the denial that a Jewish Temple ever existed in Jerusalem as they consistently refer to the Temple as the alleged temple.

This Palestinian claim that the temple never existed contradicts the Koran where it mentions in Sura 17:2-7 the destruction of both the first and second Jewish temples in Jerusalem. The Palestinians accuse Israel of forging a false Jewish history in order to Judaize the Temple Mount so they can destroy al Aqsa Mosque and build a Jewish temple on this holy site.

Jimmy's Prophetic Prospective on the News

The Palestinian claim that there never was a Jewish temple in Jerusalem is a contradiction of history and archaeological record and it does set the stage for Bible prophecy to be fulfilled.

For years, the propaganda of the Palestinian leadership in Israel has been focused on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and the declaration that there has never been a Jewish temple on this holy site sacred to the Jewish people. Palestinian claims of the Jews forging Jewish history for the Temple Mount are in the face of impeccable Jewish and Christian sources, plus these claims go against the archaeological record documented for this area.

In fact, these claims by the Palestinians of no temple in Jerusalem contradict the statements of Jesus Christ who not only taught on the Temple Mount at the temple, but predicted in Matthew 24:2 that the temple would be destroyed as it was in 70AD by the Roman army. These Palestinian statements about the Temple Mount not being Jewish denies their own holy book, the Koran, but also confirms the prophetic scenario for the last days that can be found in Bible prophecy.

Zechariah, the ancient Jewish prophet, revealed the future when he wrote that Jerusalem will be the center of controversy in the end times, Zechariah 12:2. He also wrote of another Jewish temple that will be built there on the temple Mount in Jerusalem by the Messiah, Jesus Christ, Zechariah 6:12.

Palestinian claims aside, Bible prophecy will indeed be fulfilled.

A Fearful World - By Grant Phillips -

"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all of these things have happened"
(1948-?)​

We are living in very unsettling times.

? Wars and rumors of wars are a constant.

? Financial collapse of the world monetary system looms ahead.

? We, the USA, are approaching a 17 Trillian dollar debt, not reducing the budget, and spending like mad.

? Gas prices are going up and who knows where they will end.

? We will not tap into our own plentiful petroleum reserves, but remain dependent on those who hate us.

? Hatred toward true Christianity is growing.

? Satan is taking over the pulpits.

? The nation of Israel could be squished like a bug by the big boots all around them, except for the God of Israel.

? Taxes are going up.

? Health costs are going up.

? Unemployment is going up.

? Will we lose our job?

? Will we lose our house?

? How can I afford to live just with the basics?

? The federal government is taking more and more control of our lives.

? Murder, theft, adultery, homosexuality, debauchery and all else that God hates is growing at an alarming rate.

Briefly stated, we are in deep doo-doo. How can we get up in the morning and get through the day without being afraid of what may come next? It is as though we are on a 747 at 40,000 feet and the engines are gone. There is only one direction we are going now, and that is down.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

I honestly do not understand how anyone without Jesus Christ in their life can face this world without a soul-shaking, bone-rattling fear.

In the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible the term "fear not" occurs in 144 verses and 63 times exactly as quoted. It would seem to me that God does not want His children to have fear in their hearts.

The verse above says that perfect love casts out fear. It is certainly true that when the love of God is within us, the fear of the world diminishes.

Those my age are more fearful of what their children and grandchildren may experience than themselves. It's only natural. This world doesn't offer much, but it never did. Our only real hope of happy living is found in Jesus Christ. Unless you have it, you won't understand it, but it's true.

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." (Revelation 1:17-18)

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

In these two verses we find first of all that the Apostle John "fell at his feet as dead" when he beheld Jesus in His glory. Then we hear Jesus telling us in Matthew's gospel to "fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

The word "destroy" in this verse denotes, "to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell."

Our pity should go toward those who don't know Jesus as Savior and have to face Him in judgment.

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." (Revelation 1:7)

"And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Revelation 6:16-17)

I can't begin to count the times I have heard someone use our Lord's name as a curse word in a movie or TV episode. It seems to be the "in thing" today. If there is legitimacy in fear, it is with those who blaspheme His Holy name. We have nothing to fear who are under His saving grace, but woe to those who cast Him aside.

Jesus has given mankind many more opportunities than I ever would, and therefore that alone makes me glad He is in charge. But how much longer will His patience last until He decides it is time for judgment? How much more "in your face" behavior will He tolerate? Only He knows.

It is very obvious to those who are looking, that Satan's time is running out. He is pulling out all the stops in preparation for his last stand, the Tribulation. This is a war he can't lose, but he will. However in his bloated pride, I wonder if he actually thinks he may pull it off. He has much to lose and much to fear.

If you know Jesus as your Savior you have nothing to fear. If you do not, you can experience the peace that can only come from God by trusting in His Son to save you.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe." (John 14:27-29)

Let us rejoice that Jesus has gone unto the Father, that He has sent His Spirit to live within us, and that He is coming soon. In Him we can be at peace.

This world is on a collision course of destiny. Pay day is coming. Judgment is just around the corner. The days ahead are going to get much more terrifying than we can imagine. It seems bad now, but judgment is just clearing his throat.

There is much to fear from what is coming. However, in Jesus, there is nothing to fear.

Grant Phillips

The Prophetic Whirlwind - Pete Garcia -

"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all of these things have happened"​
(1948-?)

The study of Bible Prophecy has taken me through every single book of the Bible, and from cover to cover, I see the unfolding of God's plan for the human race.

The Old Testament prophetically points forward to a coming Redeemer, and this being only one of MANY places in the Old Testament. How do I know this? On the road to Emmaus, the risen Jesus chastised the disciples for not understanding the scriptures:

Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?" And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. (Luke 24:25-27)

Today, the disturbing trend amongst Christian churches is to ignore and discredit the study of prophecy and those that teach it. Thirty percent of the Bible is prophetic in nature. So when a teacher or denomination collectively ignore that much scripture, or treat it as if it were unimportant, then they are sorely going to be missing things that tie the past and the present together with events to come.

Two of the harshest condemnations by Christ on anyone in Scriptures, were to the Pharisees (or religious leaders), and to the Laodicean Church (Revelation 3:14-22). One, was for their overt and utter disregard for who the Bible said the Messiah would be (and when), and the other is to a religious group who were lukewarm in their beliefs, neither committing too, nor rejecting Jesus. These two groups are dominating Christendom today both with rejecting prophecy and with the promotion of ecumenicalism.

The study of prophecy is not meant to make one fatalistic about the concerns of this world, but rather, to bring hope and encouragement. It shouldn't replace evangelism, but deepen it.

CS Lewis once said; "If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this."

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15 NASB)

Rightly dividing the Word will lead you straight to the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. It focuses the believer on the world to come, not the trivial things in this life that will pass away as a vapor.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Romans 8:28-30)

The proper study of prophecy has the potential to light a fire in the believer that can never be extinguished. It is a powerful tool that God equips the believer with the knowledge and assurance to battle the false, heretical, and damnable doctrines of demons currently spreading around the globe.

Historically, you can go back and see where amillennialism, preterism, replacement theology, and open theism have been inserted into the church. They claim they don't teach the Rapture for instance, because of the so-called divisiveness that man has come to see in it.

Battle Tactics 101 says to 'divide and conquer'! So, like that dead Sardis church, the modern church has quit watching and come to abandon watching altogether. Jesus tells them:

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you." (Revelation 3:3)

Think about all those who have currently fallen under the sway of cults and heretical belief systems.

They have to openly discard proven history, so how much easier is it for false prophets and teachers to come and speak of things yet to happen?

Currently, we live in the 'age of information', so much so that it should be renamed, the 'age of confusion'. So many competing doctrines, philosophies, religions, political persuasions have bombarded mankind with every sort of belief system you can imagine. They are all intent on telling you that they have cornered the market on ideas and truth, and if you only buy into what they are selling, your life will be all the better. That is why it is so important for a believer to know the whole bible, not just parts of it.

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ " (Titus 2:11-13)

(1948-?)​

We are living in very unsettling times.

? Wars and rumors of wars are a constant.

? Financial collapse of the world monetary system looms ahead.

? We, the USA, are approaching a 17 Trillian dollar debt, not reducing the budget, and spending like mad.

? Gas prices are going up and who knows where they will end.

? We will not tap into our own plentiful petroleum reserves, but remain dependent on those who hate us.

? Hatred toward true Christianity is growing.

? Satan is taking over the pulpits.

? The nation of Israel could be squished like a bug by the big boots all around them, except for the God of Israel.

? Taxes are going up.

? Health costs are going up.

? Unemployment is going up.

? Will we lose our job?

? Will we lose our house?

? How can I afford to live just with the basics?

? The federal government is taking more and more control of our lives.

? Murder, theft, adultery, homosexuality, debauchery and all else that God hates is growing at an alarming rate.

Briefly stated, we are in deep doo-doo. How can we get up in the morning and get through the day without being afraid of what may come next? It is as though we are on a 747 at 40,000 feet and the engines are gone. There is only one direction we are going now, and that is down.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

I honestly do not understand how anyone without Jesus Christ in their life can face this world without a soul-shaking, bone-rattling fear.

In the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible the term "fear not" occurs in 144 verses and 63 times exactly as quoted. It would seem to me that God does not want His children to have fear in their hearts.

The verse above says that perfect love casts out fear. It is certainly true that when the love of God is within us, the fear of the world diminishes.

Those my age are more fearful of what their children and grandchildren may experience than themselves. It's only natural. This world doesn't offer much, but it never did. Our only real hope of happy living is found in Jesus Christ. Unless you have it, you won't understand it, but it's true.

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." (Revelation 1:17-18)

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

In these two verses we find first of all that the Apostle John "fell at his feet as dead" when he beheld Jesus in His glory. Then we hear Jesus telling us in Matthew's gospel to "fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

The word "destroy" in this verse denotes, "to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell."

Our pity should go toward those who don't know Jesus as Savior and have to face Him in judgment.

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." (Revelation 1:7)

"And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Revelation 6:16-17)

I can't begin to count the times I have heard someone use our Lord's name as a curse word in a movie or TV episode. It seems to be the "in thing" today. If there is legitimacy in fear, it is with those who blaspheme His Holy name. We have nothing to fear who are under His saving grace, but woe to those who cast Him aside.

Jesus has given mankind many more opportunities than I ever would, and therefore that alone makes me glad He is in charge. But how much longer will His patience last until He decides it is time for judgment? How much more "in your face" behavior will He tolerate? Only He knows.

It is very obvious to those who are looking, that Satan's time is running out. He is pulling out all the stops in preparation for his last stand, the Tribulation. This is a war he can't lose, but he will. However in his bloated pride, I wonder if he actually thinks he may pull it off. He has much to lose and much to fear.

If you know Jesus as your Savior you have nothing to fear. If you do not, you can experience the peace that can only come from God by trusting in His Son to save you.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe." (John 14:27-29)

Let us rejoice that Jesus has gone unto the Father, that He has sent His Spirit to live within us, and that He is coming soon. In Him we can be at peace.

This world is on a collision course of destiny. Pay day is coming. Judgment is just around the corner. The days ahead are going to get much more terrifying than we can imagine. It seems bad now, but judgment is just clearing his throat.

There is much to fear from what is coming. However, in Jesus, there is nothing to fear.

Grant Phillips

Brother, you never lie about this, the Lord spoke to me in a dream and told me that He is coming soon, every since then I being telling my Church what God said. I am a Holiness Pentecostal Preacher here in my town and about every service I have been telling all who will hear. God Bless you and maybe one person will take heed to this and if one will hear it will be worth it all.

Another good book to read is the Harbinger, it goes back to 911 and how and why it happen but America is not hearing God.

In this day and age, it should be crime to be stupid. I have gleaned so much free information concerning His Word. The available pdf are so easily viewed from the comfort of our laptops. One site has not only parallel/interlinear comparisons but also listed Strong’s reference numbers. We may debunk every myth about the versions; my hard copy of the Hebrew/English Greek/English is a true blessing. Pease to all this coming Resurrection Week end and pry for Jerusalem.

Do you all remember the pictures of Germans pushing wheelbarrows full of Marks to buy a loaf of bread.
Of course,we are told, it could never happen again.
Just saw a news story showing trucks full of money in a convoy in Cyprus.
I guess the MSM was right because who puts money in wheel barrows these days.

"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all of these things have happened"​
(1948-?)

The study of Bible Prophecy has taken me through every single book of the Bible, and from cover to cover, I see the unfolding of God's plan for the human race.

The Old Testament prophetically points forward to a coming Redeemer, and this being only one of MANY places in the Old Testament. How do I know this? On the road to Emmaus, the risen Jesus chastised the disciples for not understanding the scriptures:

Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?" And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. (Luke 24:25-27)

Today, the disturbing trend amongst Christian churches is to ignore and discredit the study of prophecy and those that teach it. Thirty percent of the Bible is prophetic in nature. So when a teacher or denomination collectively ignore that much scripture, or treat it as if it were unimportant, then they are sorely going to be missing things that tie the past and the present together with events to come.

Two of the harshest condemnations by Christ on anyone in Scriptures, were to the Pharisees (or religious leaders), and to the Laodicean Church (Revelation 3:14-22). One, was for their overt and utter disregard for who the Bible said the Messiah would be (and when), and the other is to a religious group who were lukewarm in their beliefs, neither committing too, nor rejecting Jesus. These two groups are dominating Christendom today both with rejecting prophecy and with the promotion of ecumenicalism.

The study of prophecy is not meant to make one fatalistic about the concerns of this world, but rather, to bring hope and encouragement. It shouldn't replace evangelism, but deepen it.

CS Lewis once said; "If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this."

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15 NASB)

Rightly dividing the Word will lead you straight to the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. It focuses the believer on the world to come, not the trivial things in this life that will pass away as a vapor.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Romans 8:28-30)

The proper study of prophecy has the potential to light a fire in the believer that can never be extinguished. It is a powerful tool that God equips the believer with the knowledge and assurance to battle the false, heretical, and damnable doctrines of demons currently spreading around the globe.

Historically, you can go back and see where amillennialism, preterism, replacement theology, and open theism have been inserted into the church. They claim they don't teach the Rapture for instance, because of the so-called divisiveness that man has come to see in it.

Battle Tactics 101 says to 'divide and conquer'! So, like that dead Sardis church, the modern church has quit watching and come to abandon watching altogether. Jesus tells them:

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you." (Revelation 3:3)

Think about all those who have currently fallen under the sway of cults and heretical belief systems.

They have to openly discard proven history, so how much easier is it for false prophets and teachers to come and speak of things yet to happen?

Currently, we live in the 'age of information', so much so that it should be renamed, the 'age of confusion'. So many competing doctrines, philosophies, religions, political persuasions have bombarded mankind with every sort of belief system you can imagine. They are all intent on telling you that they have cornered the market on ideas and truth, and if you only buy into what they are selling, your life will be all the better. That is why it is so important for a believer to know the whole bible, not just parts of it.

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ " (Titus 2:11-13)

There is no pre-tib rapture.

Since you endeavour prophecy, Isaiah 17
Also the prophecy of Jubilee, Signs of the End - The Prophecy of Jubilees by Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel (they also get the 'rapture' wrong, but the rest is spot on)

Note- Revelation 12:17

WHO ARE THE REMNANT?
Revelation chapter 12 tells the story of the woman (the true Church) and the dragon (Satan). Satan “persecuted the woman… for a time and times and half a time” (Revelation 12:13,14). This represents the 1260 years of oppression that God’s people suffered at the hands of the Papacy during the Middle Ages.

As this period drew to a close, the discovery of the Western Hemisphere provided a place of refuge for believers, and the Protestant Reformation along with the violent revolutionary movements of the 18th and 19th century severely limited the ability of the papal church to control governments and persecute “heretics”.

But Satan did not give up. “The dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the Remnant of her Seed, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ” (Revelation 12:17).

The concept of a “Remnant“ is found throughout the scriptures. In the Old Testament the remnant referred to the small number of God’s people who remained after destructive judgments had come upon them because of their unfaithfulness. Examples include Noah and his family, Abraham, the remnant of the Children of Israel who finally entered the Promised Land, the remnant who returned to Jerusalem after the Babylonian captivity and the remnant of the Jewish people who accepted Jesus as the Messiah.

Many passages of scripture mention the remnant. “For thus says the Lord God: ‘How much more it shall be when I send My four severe judgments on Jerusalem —the sword and famine and wild beasts and pestilence—to cut off man and beast from it? Yet behold there shall be left in it a remnant who will be brought out…” (Ezekiel 14:21,22). The remnant people refuse to compromise with the enemy, depending wholly on the Lord: “The remnant of Israel, and such as have escaped of the house of Jacob, will never again depend on him who defeated them, but will depend on the Lord, the Holy one of Israel, in truth. The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the Mighty God. (Isaiah 10:20-22).

The apostle Paul called those of Israel who accepted the Messiah a remnant: “Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, the remnant will be saved” (Romans 9:27). Joel prophesied that there would be a remnant at the end of time: “And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh… and I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth… there shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said, among the remnant whom the Lord calls” (Joel 2:28-32).

During the Middle Ages Satan had corrupted the majority of the Church, but he was not satisfied as long as there was a remnant that could grow and threaten his kingdom. Revelation 12:17 shows that “the dragon was enraged” and began to lay plans to defeat the final Remnant, “who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ” (Revelation 12:17).

This Remnant “keep the commandments of God”, not as a means of salvation, but as a demonstration of their love for their Savior. Jesus said, “If you love me, keep My commandments” John 14:15. Our love for others, expressed in the keeping of God’s commandments, proves our love for God: “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome” (1 John 5:2,3).

Satan, on the other hand, has a particular hatred of God’s law because it condemns his aspirations. The first commandment, “You shall have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3) is in direct opposition to his expressed goal, “I will be like the Most High” (Isaiah 14:13,14). The second commandment, forbidding the worship of idols, forbids the chief means that he uses to trick people into worshiping him. The fourth (Sabbath) commandment is based on the fact that “in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them” (v. 11), a claim that Satan can never make. The commandments not to murder and lie condemn his primary means of achieving his goals. The tenth commandment not to covet strikes at the heart of what he wants most: a position that he has not been appointed to (“I will exalt my throne above the stars of God” Isaiah 14:13).

The remnant people are particularly dangerous to Satan because they “have the testimony of Jesus Christ”. In Revelation 19:10 the “testimony of Jesus” is defined as “the Spirit of prophecy”.

A prophet does not necessarily tell the future—“He who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men” (1 Corinthians 14:3). The prophet has a specific message from God for individuals or for the Church. “If all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed: and so falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you” (vs. 24,25).

Through prophecy people can become aware of the strongholds of Satan in their lives and escape from them, and this is why Satan is enraged with the remnant who have “the spirit of prophecy”.

Paul makes it clear that not all will be prophets (1 Corinthians 12:29), but a clear mark of God’s remnant people in the last days is that the prophetic gift (“the testimony of Jesus”) is active in their midst. Moreover, the Spirit that filled the prophets should be present in every born-again believer who is a part of God’s remnant.

No denomination can claim that it is the Remnant, because it is individuals, not organizations, who “keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ”. On the other hand, many denominations have institutionalized the rejection of some of God’s commandments, and others reject the idea that there could be prophets in the Church today. Believers will need to come out of these churches in order to be a part of the Remnant.

For more details and scriptural support see section 12:17 The Remnant in The Book.

Do you all remember the pictures of Germans pushing wheelbarrows full of Marks to buy a loaf of bread.
Of course,we are told, it could never happen again.
Just saw a news story showing trucks full of money in a convoy in Cyprus.
I guess the MSM was right because who puts money in wheel barrows these days.

Yes, it can happen and we will probadly see it in ours life time. A few of my members in my church had a dream that they saw people running for their life because of the things that was going to happen.. Hmmmm, now the Bible talk about in the last days that the young men shall dream dream and old men shall see vision, and we are seeing this. Well if you are into this but God have deal with me for years like this. Get ready follow members because we are heading for the ride of ours life. He is coming soon, real soon.

Yes, it can happen and we will probadly see it in ours life time. A few of my members in my church had a dream that they saw people running for their life because of the things that was going to happen.. Hmmmm, now the Bible talk about in the last days that the young men shall dream dream and old men shall see vision, and we are seeing this. Well if you are into this but God have deal with me for years like this. Get ready follow members because we are heading for the ride of ours life. He is coming soon, real soon.
(1948-?)​

View Post
(1948-?)

Since this is quoted here so often...

Explain Revelation 11:2
American King James Version
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given to the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Since this is quoted here so often...

Explain Revelation 11:2
American King James Version
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given to the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
The “holy city” which is to be tread underfoot is none other than the “holy city” upon which the seventy weeks of Daniel are determined (Dan. Dan. 9:24), of which one-half of the final week is mentioned here as “forty-two months” and as “one thousand two hundred and sixty days". The treading of the holy city is said to last forty-two months. This corresponds to half of the final week of the 70 weeks of Daniel. John is told not to measure the outer court because it “has been given” to the Gentiles. Then John is told “They will tread” (future tense) the holy city for forty-two months. If the treading of the holy city by the Gentiles is taken to be simultaneous with their authority over the outer court, then it occurs while the Jews are allowed to worship in the temple and sacrifice on the altar. This would be the first half of the final week—before sacrifices are brought to an end.

The “holy city” which is to be tread underfoot is none other than the “holy city” upon which the seventy weeks of Daniel are determined (Dan. Dan. 9:24), of which one-half of the final week is mentioned here as “forty-two months” and as “one thousand two hundred and sixty days". The treading of the holy city is said to last forty-two months. This corresponds to half of the final week of the 70 weeks of Daniel. John is told not to measure the outer court because it “has been given” to the Gentiles. Then John is told “They will tread” (future tense) the holy city for forty-two months. If the treading of the holy city by the Gentiles is taken to be simultaneous with their authority over the outer court, then it occurs while the Jews are allowed to worship in the temple and sacrifice on the altar. This would be the first half of the final week—before sacrifices are brought to an end.

Copy myself from elsewhere-

---------------------------------------

The temple is not rebuilt until the Millennium.

There can be no temple without a court of the gentile. The court is not only not measured but is cast out, done away with.

The gentile tramples Jerusalem, IOWs they desecrate it.

And you are a gentile?
Are you waiting for the Temple to be rebuilt?
Aint' gonna happen.

And why is the gentile not included?

----------------------------------------

This is and illustration of the True Church of God separated from the false church.

To measure= to count, to take into account.

To not measure, to discard, to not count, to do away with, the gentile/pagan.

It's that simple.

Now-
On to current events-

There is no way that the Judeans (jews) will ever be allowed to built a temple in the current climate. Arab/muzzies will never allow it.

Also, consider Obama working to divide Jerusalem. Jerusalem will be divided as stated in 11:2, Palestine/gentile/pagan/heathen will desecrate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nowhere in the bible is the current state of Israel mentioned. Israel is scattered. Israel- Jacob, descendents of Jacob.
Current Israel- House of Judah. Judah has not accepted the messiah (generally speaking).

-----------------------------
Mark 13:30
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass away, till all these things be done.

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
This generation - Ἡ γενεα αὑτη, This very race of men. It is certain that this word has two meanings in the Scriptures; that given in the text, and that above. Generation signifies a period of a certain number of years, sometimes more, sometimes less. In Deuteronomy 1:35; Deuteronomy 2:14, Moses uses the word to point out a term of thirty-eight years, which was precisely the number in the present case; for Jerusalem was destroyed about thirty-eight years after our Lord delivered this prediction. But as there are other events in this chapter, which certainly look beyond the destruction of Jerusalem, and which were to take place before the Jews should cease to be a distinct people, I should therefore prefer the translation given above. See on Matthew 24:34 (note).

-------------------------------------------------

I don't trust Clark always but he get's this correct.........Jesus was speaking to HIS generation.

Also, some will argue, but in Jesus' time a generation would not have been 70 years. 50% of children did not make it to the age of 5-7 years old. Some will say a biblical generation would be 20 years, one generation giving birth to another, but I believe it to have been 40 years. Either way it would not have been 70 years.

The idea that a temple will be built 70 years after the institution of the state of Israel in 1948 is simply not biblical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back