Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rant:

Entirely too many of the believers and/or the non believers cannot accept the concept of ... agree to disagree... and keep badgering and fighting each other trying to force the other to change their beliefs.

Not everyone believes in God and not everyone who believes in God believes in the same version of God nor does everyone believe in the same religion being the right way to worship God but the problem comes when those who believe want to get the non believer to believe....... and/or the non believer wants to get the believer to change his/her mind.

Believe it or not... none of that is about religion or God but really is all about wanting to control the beliefs of other people and change them into non believers or to convince them to become believers.

And many discussions about religion (like this one) boil down to both sides saying....

"I'm right and you are wrong."

.....over and over and over and over..... ad nauseam.

End rant.

The problem is, science diminishes that evidence of your god more and more as time goes by. Of course we're going to counter. Facts are facts after all.

Not so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7StYEyFOc

A non-believer will not listen to any proof of God or the Bible because they just want to be right. They refuse to believe science or man. Deny, deny, deny.
But it does not make you right, only more likely to put you in Hell.

The great thing about America is that dumb and dumber are free to say what they want. That doesn't mean that anyone will listen. I'm sure you both made some really good fear filled nonsensical points. I'm just not in the mood for reading that much BS this morning. There's only so much time in the day. I don't feel like waisting it reading your ignorant ramblings. May science be ever in your favor.

And yet you, and XD40, set on your computers all day long ridiculing and ranting against Christians. Talk about having no life..................

A rant:

Entirely too many of the believers and/or the non believers cannot accept the concept of ... agree to disagree... and keep badgering and fighting each other trying to force the other to change their beliefs.
That would be fine if the debate were about boxers vs. briefs..... which is just a choice or preference.

Religion is a threat to mankind's future, and to ignore that is not something I am not willing to do.

The same way that just about everyone on this forum views the anti-gun crowd. They are also a clear threat to our freedoms and future, and they also argue their views from the position of willful ignorance, with the strong desire to impose their views on guns by disarming us all. You can provide volumes of documented verifiable facts about guns saving lives daily in this country, and that where gun ownership goes up, crime goes down, yet they merely continue with their same 'evil gun' ignorance.

not a rant, just reason

And yet you, and XD40, set on your computers all day long ridiculing and ranting against Christians. Talk about having no life..................

When you have nothing to support your views, attack the opponent with insults. Do your realize how desperate that makes you appear?

You are free to go to hell if you wish but yes, I make a different choice and expect you to respect it as God's plan for me.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Notice that the video only talks about things that we don't one hundred percent understand at the moment. At some time in the future we will, and creationists will have to hang their hat on something new. Just because you can't explain it now doesn't mean we won't in the future. Man used to think God was the cause of the Sun rising in the morning everyday. Now we know exactly what it is that causes it. You all just moved on to something else call God's work.

Not so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7StYEyFOc

A non-believer will not listen to any proof of God or the Bible because they just want to be right. They refuse to believe science or man. Deny, deny, deny.
But it does not make you right, only more likely to put you in Hell.
Well perhaps if you brought any verifiable proof to the table we would have a starting point, but your video is even close. He also has a vested (financial) interest in the nonsense with his museum of nonsense.

A video by this loon;
Ken Ham

Kenneth Alfred "Ken" Ham is an Australian-born young Earth creationist and Christian fundamentalist living in the United States. He is the president of Answers in Genesis, a Creationist apologetics ministry that operates the Creation Museum

Well, if you had paid attention when you were reading the Bible in your youth, you would know what you see today was foretold long ago, you would know what is coming, and prepared for it. Whether you believe it or not makes absolutely no difference in the scheme of things and your disbelief itself has been predicted. Those are facts you can ferret out for yourself if you would take the time, while you have time.

I don't like what is coming in the world any more than you and I have great-grandsons who face the same prospects as yours but what is happening isn't because of God. It is happening because of men who do not follow God. Our God hasn't ordained this world situation but He has allowed us to make fools of ourselves for not believing in and listening to Him.

I don't constantly use Pascal's Wager. The reasoning in religious dialogue actually infers the same thesis without naming it as such. Whether naming it or not, old Pascal had the correct idea in that one should believe. Smart man!

I don't like what is coming in the world any more than you and I have great-grandsons who face the same prospects as yours but what is happening isn't because of God. It is happening because of men who do not follow God. Our God hasn't ordained this world situation but He has allowed us to make fools of ourselves for not believing in and listening to Him.

Your correct, none of the world's problems are because of any god, for the simple reason gods don't exist. It is happening because of men who think they are following a god, when in fact they are following ancient ignorance.

I don't constantly use Pascal's Wager. The reasoning in religious dialogue actually infers the same thesis without naming it as such. Whether naming it or not, old Pascal had the correct idea in that one should believe. Smart man!
At least 80% of the time you slide that in your responses.

Pascal's Wager; the argument that it is in one's own best interest to behave as if God exists, since the possibility of eternal punishment in hell outweighs any advantage of believing otherwise.

Your issue isn't about the behavior of atheists, your issues revolve around the fact we don't believe in the fairy tale. I suspect that you sit in church routinely with people that really don't believe, but are behaving as if they do, due to social, peer, or family pressures. Sounds hypocritical to me.

And yet the moron double dips still again at 10:45 and 10;46 AM. Come on get it together dude.

I got under your skin so bad that you are reduced to this level of childish nonsense.

And yes I am posting this within a minute or so of responding to a different forum member on a completely different topic.

Oh, and at 10:31 and 10:36 you double dipped responding to the same person...... :biggrin:<insert childish="" name="" calling="" here="">

What is that saying about people that live in glass houses?
</insert>

That would be fine if the debate were about boxers vs. briefs..... which is just a choice or preference.

Religion is a threat to mankind's future, and to ignore that is not something I am not willing to do.

The same way that just about everyone on this forum views the anti-gun crowd. They are also a clear threat to our freedoms and future, and they also argue their views from the position of willful ignorance, with the strong desire to impose their views on guns by disarming us all. You can provide volumes of documented verifiable facts about guns saving lives daily in this country, and that where gun ownership goes up, crime goes down, yet they merely continue with their same 'evil gun' ignorance.

not a rant, just reason
Those who push their belief in God, whether that belief be expressed through a religion like Christianity or even Islam, onto others are equally as dangerous as those who push their belief that there isn't a God onto others. Both merely perpetuate the war between the believers (including the believers of one religion over another) and the non believers.

When does religion become a threat to mankind? When someone, or a group of someones, decide they must make everyone believe the same thing they do. Whether that is a belief in God or a belief that God doesn't exist... both side are arguing a belief they want the other side to convert to.

The choice is to agree to disagree or to continue perpetuating the disagreement. And those who prefer to perpetuate the disagreement (from both sides) contribute to religion being a threat to mankind.

And that wasn't a rant... just reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back