one proud papa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
My oldest son...in boot camp at Parris Island just got a phone call home for shooting expert. USMC Rifle Expert is one of the hardest badges to earn in the military...ask any grunt they will tell you. I cannot explain the proud I feel right now...just glad that all the ammo I let him burn over the years paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure he will push just as hard for his other quals.

THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!!!!!!

I may appear harmless...but...I did raise a United States Marine!

Festus, one of the duties I held in the Corps was as a Marksmanship Coach at Parris Island. Although he didn't say it, I'll make the educated guess that your son not only qualified as Expert, but probably scored near the top in his Series (4 training platoons) to earn his call home.

You have reason to be proud. Shooting a Known Distance course at 200, 300, & 500 yards, and then a 25-100 yard Tactical course, and scoring between 305-350 with 350 possible combined score with iron sights on any model M16 is impressive.

Festus, one of the duties I held in the Corps was as a Marksmanship Coach at Parris Island. Although he didn't say it, I'll make the educated guess that your son not only qualified as Expert, but probably scored near the top in his Series (4 training platoons) to earn his call home.

You have reason to be proud. Shooting a Known Distance course at 200, 300, & 500 yards, and then a 25-100 yard Tactical course, and scoring between 305-350 with 350 possible combined score with iron sights on any model M16 is impressive.

+1
What's the Tact course Wolf?

The Tactical, or Field course is the same combat village, shooting from cover course we remember or have seen on TV and movies, except they started counting score for hits.

Then they added this to the KD course score. Field course requires 80% hits and is Pass/Fail. A failing score can be re-shot the same day, if time allows, but the failure is noted by bumping the KD course score to 190 (Minimum qualifying score). Recently the Corps added this change: "Field fire will no longer be a hit or miss training event. Shots placed in the designated area of the target will be worth two points. Hits on the rest of the target will be worth one point. So during drills that call for two shots to the chest, any shot within a 10-inch circle on the target's chest area will be worth two points. Shots outside the circle but still on the target will be worth one point." This gives a minimum total qualifying score of 270 (190 + 80) and a Perfect score of 350 (250 + 100)

Congrats...well done! My grandson is going in the Marines in Oct. I've been working with him on his shooting and hope he does as well as your son.

My oldest son...in boot camp at Parris Island just got a phone call home for shooting expert. USMC Rifle Expert is one of the hardest badges to earn in the military...ask any grunt they will tell you. I cannot explain the proud I feel right now...just glad that all the ammo I let him burn over the years paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure he will push just as hard for his other quals.

THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!!!!!!

I may appear harmless...but...I did raise a United States Marine!
congratulations!! i hope he does as well in all his endevors!:pleasantry:

You have every reason to be proud, Festus. With fine young men, like your son, defending our country and our freedoms, I have renewed hope for the survival of our Constitutional Republic!

Please tell that young Marine that he's made us ALL proud!

Wow. Just having a son be a member of our armed forces is enough reason to be proud, but you have extra reason for pride. Tell him thanks for his service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back