Obama is planning a million man militia!

Until this actually comes to fruition (which is extremely unlikely, by the way), it's nothing but a meaningless talking point.

Obama is planning

When people discuss the Second Amendment, they always analyze the amendment in light of the use of language today. This is a fallacy. To properly understand the amendment, you have to use the language our Founding Fathers used. Language is a living thing, constantly changing. When they wrote a well-regulated militia, a standing army or reserve army was the farthest thing from their minds. Well-regulated in those days meant well-trained. MIlitia had nothing to do with the federal government, it was all able-bodied men between 18 and 45. They were required to maintain a weapon and ammo and a pack of supplies called a necessary bag, containing powder, lead, patches, etc. If a man could not afford a weapon, the militia commanders would see they were supplied with one. The men were required to report for training on a regular schedule, and trained in the latest techniques of battle. The National Guard and Reserves are a part of the Army, Air Force, and Marines, which means they are government troops. The Founding Fathers were very distrustful of a strong central government, as we had just kicked one out. The purpose of the militia was to protect the home and village against all enemies, even if that enemy was the federal government, should it go bad and subvert the Constitution. The Amendments to the Constitution, collectively known as the Bill of Rights, does not confer anything to the people, but merely states what rights those people have been given by God (or whatever Supreme Being you choose.) As unsavory as a lot of people find the modern day militias, they are empowered by the Constitution of the United States, or We, the People. Oh, by the way, the musket the Minute Men, or more properly, the militia of that day, carried was the Military assault weapon of the time. It would be the same as us having an M16A2 in a closet with a bandolier of magazines and other combat gear.

Last edited:
See, this is what I meant about politely answer my question. No I'm not familiar with Posse Committatus, yes I've heard of martial law, and yes, I've read the Constitution, where a militia of citizens is discussed.

Go and research Posse Comitatus, and it will probably answer your last question. And read the Constitution again...states rights trump the federal government, and a federal police force would assume power in every state, thereby usurping states rights. Even the FBI has to be ASKED to help out if a federal law has not been broken...they cannot enter an investigation on their own. This country is based on states rights, and the more power we give to our federal government, the more we lose those rights. Do you really want the feds to take control? I do not.

BTW, guys (and gals) - take a close look at the Patriot Act and Homeland Security while you're at it. And then tell me that this will be impossible.

Last edited:
I'm confused
a. Obama says he wants to establish a civilian national police force equal to the Dept. of Defense.
b. Obama says he wants to ban CCW, pump- and semi-auto weapons, and detachable magazines.
c. My gas guage has a marker for "Empty"
Since today there is no civilian national police force, these weapons can be legally owned and sold, and my truck didn't run out of gas, none of these things could happen in the future?

How many times did you have to get hit in the head to develop this form of logic?

I'm confused
a. Obama says he wants to establish a civilian national police force equal to the Dept. of Defense.
b. Obama says he wants to ban CCW, pump- and semi-auto weapons, and detachable magazines.
c. My gas guage has a marker for "Empty"
Since today there is no civilian national police force, these weapons can be legally owned and sold, and my truck didn't run out of gas, none of these things could happen in the future?

How many times did you have to get hit in the head to develop this form of logic?

Obama is no different from any other politician in that he utilizes meaningless talking points to get himself elected. Aside from the anti 2A stuff, which he has the voting record to back up, the million man militia thing is just that.

This kind of hate is sickening and only exists in your mind. The white man screwed up the country over the last eight years, now give it to a black man to try to fix things.:wacko:

I hate to tell you all, these groups are already formed.
The Black Panthers have been around forever. There are other terror groups that Nobama is tied to with his dealings. They are already organized.
The youth movement in inner cities is already organized. Did you forget that nobama was a community organizer?
What about all the street gangs? Already organized.
All they have to do is lump them all in together and give them direction.
Done deal.
Wake up.

Wrong jurisdiction?

As for police crossing into neighboring jurisdictions, maybe your former employer allowed it, but there are many jurisdictions that I know of that often have whizzing contests, and crossing the jurisdictional line is an act of aggression.gf

I know of one area that "allows" it. I know a Ventura County Sheriff's Deputy (a relative of mine) who lives in Los Angeles County, but who works in the courthouse in the City of Ventura. He no longer wears his uniform on the way to work because of safety/security precautions, but when he did, and when he would stop in a coffee shop in L.A. county down the street from where lives, he would inevitably find high-school-aged kids behind the building smoking funny things from expensive glass bongs. On occasion he would "accost" them, forcing them to "drop it" and watch the bong shatter on the pavement. Now, one day I asked him why he didn't just arrest the kids? He said that he could, but that while L.A. County didn't discourage it, the paperwork to be filled out because he wasn't in his "jurisdiction" was horrendous. Therefore, he would just have the kids stop what they were doing and move them along, hopefully in the direction of their school, then he would go about his day and head to work. This is only one story, and maybe, probably, does not apply to LEOs in the majority of positions or jurisdictions. I'm supposing, maybe incorrectly, that when this type of scenario happens, the same actions and results occur. Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited:
I think we're getting a bit off track here. I just don't see the million man militia thing coming to fruition.

I think we're getting a bit off track here. I just don't see the million man militia thing coming to fruition.

Don't know about a "Million Man Militia", but I'm sure he's gonna make a go at establishing some type of "National Police Force". It's the current day "Gestapo", and is sure to cause many of us a lot of problems. :nono:

gf

Don't know about a "Million Man Militia", but I'm sure he's gonna make a go at establishing some type of "National Police Force". It's the current day "Gestapo", and is sure to cause many of us a lot of problems. :nono:

gf

Just a political talking point made to get himself elected. His record on gun rights, which is actually verifiable, is something to be concerned about. This business about a national police force is just talk. I bet that if someone asks him six months from now, he won't remember anything about it.

Just a political talking point made to get himself elected. His record on gun rights, which is actually verifiable, is something to be concerned about. This business about a national police force is just talk. I bet that if someone asks him six months from now, he won't remember anything about it.

Sure hope so. FYI, there were a bunch of black suits here in PRHI "briefing" the employees of the mortuary that handled his grandmother's funeral as well as the folks at the cemetary. The session lasted about an hour or so and from what I understand, they were told to "talk to no one" about the funeral, condition of the body, date/time of cremation, etc. They were all made to sign a document that stated that they understood that they would be brought up on FEDERAL CHARGES if they talked and the story ended up on the 6 o'clock news.

I'm guessing that he's already got some sort of "secret police" at work. JMHO

gf

That was a very specific talking point and I don't think he would throw that out there if it was not something he was thinking. Just one of many things about him that is very unnerving. When you look at all the things in his past, all the things he has said during the course of the campain and in the past plus the people he is picking for his cabnet we have much to be concerned about. He is much more dangerous to our freedoms and the constitution than you give him credit for and I don't think we will have to wait vey long into his term in office for you to find that out.:help:

That was a very specific talking point and I don't think he would throw that out there if it was not something he was thinking. Just one of many things about him that is very unnerving. When you look at all the things in his past, all the things he has said during the course of the campain and in the past plus the people he is picking for his cabnet we have much to be concerned about. He is much more dangerous to our freedoms and the constitution than you give him credit for and I don't think we will have to wait vey long into his term in office for you to find that out.:help:

Just like Bush 41's very specific talking point that there would be no new taxes. Just like Bush 43's pledge to privatize Social Security? Just like Clinton's very specific pledge for welfare reform?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back