Obama is planning a million man militia!

Whats comical is that people refuse to open their eyes and see whats going on. The sheep would rather follow blindly to slaughter and they will.
There is a liberal agenda out there. Why would they want to ban guns? Why would they want to disarm law abiding citizens? Why is govenment getting bigger and more restrictive?
Why can't I smoke in a bar anymore? Why is trans fat outlawed?
Wake up people before its too late.

Whats comical is that people refuse to open their eyes and see whats going on. The sheep would rather follow blindly to slaughter and they will.
There is a liberal agenda out there. Why would they want to ban guns? Why would they want to disarm law abiding citizens? Why is govenment getting bigger and more restrictive?
Why can't I smoke in a bar anymore? Why is trans fat outlawed?
Wake up people before its too late.

Hyperbole and paranoia at its worst.

Obama

The reason we can't smoke in bars anymore or many other things is these Nervous Nellies who sees government as nanny and want the federal government to legislate the morals of the people. This is an excercise in futility, as it is impossible to leglislate morality. I still agree with the Founding Fathers, who felt that government should be small. They had just kicked out a large powerful government, and wanted no more of it. It was doubtful for a long time that the United States would ever exist because they did not want a strong central government. If you feel somthing is not right, don't go crying to Uncle Sam to make others act the way you think they should. You act the way you believe you should and don't worry about what Joe Blow does. Asking the government to pass laws to control how other people act will never work, because after the bureaucracy gets through with it, you have given up major freedoms. And fight back anytime you hear a politician say the magic phrase, "Protect the children." Anytime you hear Protect the children, believe me, you will lose something you thought you couldn't. When Arizona considered passing the sweeping no smoking laws that eventually became law, all you heard was this was going to protect the children from second hand smoke. This is in a state where it was illegal to have children in a bar!! How does preventing adults in an adult venue protect children from anything? If you have been paying attention, when an anti-gunner cries about the number of gunshot deaths, what do they always say? That they are protecting the children from dying by gunfire. Judge Judy the other day had a case about a 10-year old kid with a BB gun. the father stated he had purchased the gun for the kid when he was eight. Judy went into a diatribe about how it was irresponsible and almost criminal for a parent to buy his kid a BB gun at the age of eight. Sorry, Judy, but I taught my kids how to fire all of my weapons as young as I could. I stressed safe gun handling and proper use and ownership of weapons. The problem in the US today is that parents will buy their kids BB guns, and never teach them anything about handling them and provide no supervision when they are in use. That is a formula for a kid shooting at random objects.

I'll slide my soap box back under my bed and surrender the floor to another.

Hyperbole and paranoia at its worst.

Tatt you didn't just recently learn a new word that you like to use did you? Hyperbole. You seem to think that because not everyone, in fact most do not believe your pie in the sky by and by attitude that that is a good word to throw out. Some of us see things as they are. Not things as you would like them to be. Looking at our world through rose colored glasses and pretending that nothing is changing or has changed will not change the truth. If you chose to pretend that we are just skipping down the yellow brick road with no care in the world go ahead. This isn't Kansas Toto. some people can see the handwriting on the wall. Others live in a fairy tell, Mr. Rogers kind of make believe world. If that makes you sleep better at night then be my guest. Each of us has a choice. We either put behind us the state of denile that we are in and get our heads out of the sand so that we can prepare ourselves for what may be coming or we close our eyes like children to the danger that is ahead.

My signature says it all.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house;
My preacher once said that God answered 90% of our prayers when he gave us a brain. Lets use them.

Last edited:
The reason we can't smoke in bars anymore or many other things is these Nervous Nellies who sees government as nanny and want the federal government to legislate the morals of the people. This is an excercise in futility, as it is impossible to leglislate morality. I still agree with the Founding Fathers, who felt that government should be small. They had just kicked out a large powerful government, and wanted no more of it. It was doubtful for a long time that the United States would ever exist because they did not want a strong central government. If you feel somthing is not right, don't go crying to Uncle Sam to make others act the way you think they should. You act the way you believe you should and don't worry about what Joe Blow does. Asking the government to pass laws to control how other people act will never work, because after the bureaucracy gets through with it, you have given up major freedoms. And fight back anytime you hear a politician say the magic phrase, "Protect the children." Anytime you hear Protect the children, believe me, you will lose something you thought you couldn't. When Arizona considered passing the sweeping no smoking laws that eventually became law, all you heard was this was going to protect the children from second hand smoke. This is in a state where it was illegal to have children in a bar!! How does preventing adults in an adult venue protect children from anything? If you have been paying attention, when an anti-gunner cries about the number of gunshot deaths, what do they always say? That they are protecting the children from dying by gunfire. Judge Judy the other day had a case about a 10-year old kid with a BB gun. the father stated he had purchased the gun for the kid when he was eight. Judy went into a diatribe about how it was irresponsible and almost criminal for a parent to buy his kid a BB gun at the age of eight. Sorry, Judy, but I taught my kids how to fire all of my weapons as young as I could. I stressed safe gun handling and proper use and ownership of weapons. The problem in the US today is that parents will buy their kids BB guns, and never teach them anything about handling them and provide no supervision when they are in use. That is a formula for a kid shooting at random objects.

I'll slide my soap box back under my bed and surrender the floor to another.

Which is why I'm against laws that outlaw drug use and prostitution.

As for HK, yes, I do use the word hyperbole a lot, and it's not because I just learned it. Would you like me to use another? How about polemicism?

Which is why I'm against laws that outlaw drug use and prostitution.

As for HK, yes, I do use the word hyperbole a lot, and it's not because I just learned it. Would you like me to use another? How about polemicism?

denial-a psychological defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality
— in denial : refusing to admit the truth or reality of something unpleasant <a patient in denial about his health problems

denial-a psychological defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality
— in denial : refusing to admit the truth or reality of something unpleasant <a patient in denial about his health problems

Paranoia: baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

Hyperbole: obvious and intentional exaggeration.

Paranoia: baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

I'm still trying to figure out what is baseless suspicion about Obama. Jeez, man, just listen to a few YouTube clips of the man himself, and tell me again that our fears are baseless. And excessive? Again, warnings cannot be too excessive when this country is at stake.

We know the motives of others, and there is plenty to be afraid of. That is not paranoia, bro.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I actually live in the real world, am not in denial, and will not respond to (I'm going to use a new word here) obvious exaggerations and untruths.

Exaggerations and untruths? Haven't seen any. What I've seen have been predictions and warnings based on statements and voting records, along with striking similarities to a historic figure. If these predictions don't come to pass, no one is harmed. If they do happen, it's nice to be warned and prepared. The weather predictions said my area were likely to be hit by multiple hurricanes. People in my area prepared for that potentiality. We actually didn't get a hurricane this year? Were the forecasts exaggerations or untruths? The night before Katrina hit New Orleans, those folks said (like you), "It can't happen here." I hope you aren't wrong, but I'll be prepared for the worst. Thanks

Exaggerations and untruths? Haven't seen any. What I've seen have been predictions and warnings based on statements and voting records, along with striking similarities to a historic figure. If these predictions don't come to pass, no one is harmed. If they do happen, it's nice to be warned and prepared. The weather predictions said my area were likely to be hit by multiple hurricanes. People in my area prepared for that potentiality. We actually didn't get a hurricane this year? Were the forecasts exaggerations or untruths? The night before Katrina hit New Orleans, those folks said (like you), "It can't happen here." I hope you aren't wrong, but I'll be prepared for the worst. Thanks

There's a difference between legitimate predictions and warnings based on his voting record (ie., the very legitimate concern that there will be a lot more gun control when Obama becomes president) and exaggerations and untruths (ie., like the subject of this thread, a million man militia, which is just nothing more than fear mongering and paranoia).

There's a difference between legitimate predictions and warnings based on his voting record (ie., the very legitimate concern that there will be a lot more gun control when Obama becomes president) and exaggerations and untruths (ie., like the subject of this thread, a million man militia, which is just nothing more than fear mongering and paranoia).

Tatt, I think Obama's statement for a civilian national police force armed and financed at the same level as the DOD qualifies to the subject of this text.

Tatt, I think Obama's statement for a civilian national police force armed and financed at the same level as the DOD qualifies to the subject of this text.

Absolutely! Obama wants a national police force, with military powers. Here's a quote from World Net Daily:

In talking about his plans to double the size of the Peace Corps and nearly quadruple the size of AmeriCorps and the size of the nation's military services, he made this rather shocking (and chilling) pledge: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

And since then, Obama's camp has been approached about this, with the typical "no comment" reception. We're not talking Peace Corps here - we're talking police force. Is that paranioa? I think not.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back