New Member Welcome Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first carry gun?

I just found this site. Looks to be a thriving community for gun folks. I admit I was "iffy" on gun rights not too long ago but I came to my senses!! I just received my SC CWP this week and I'm still looking for a carry gun. Hope to learn a lot from the collective :biggrin:.

Welcome,

The question of the first Carry Gun! Big question. It depends on your life style so much, are you retired, how many children in the house, how much ability do you posses already with hand guns, can you carry every day, job and mode of transport being a huge factor.

The very least to start with, a Kel Tec .380 calibre, pocket carry, if belt carry is no problem, a Glock 19, 9mm.

Move around the Forum, lots of knowledgeable people here.

Hello from newbie

Just heard about this site from a friend and decided to join and learn more about my rights/options to carry. I currently live in Maryland so my options are limited, but my friend was able to get non-resident carry permit in Florida, so I might pursue that track in the near future. Thanks for the opportunity and place to explore and learn,

to footbalboy from SC

I just found this site. Looks to be a thriving community for gun folks. I admit I was "iffy" on gun rights not too long ago but I came to my senses!! I just received my SC CWP this week and I'm still looking for a carry gun. Hope to learn a lot from the collective :biggrin:.

Amazed at the welcome number of SC representation on this site. Noticed today that RI is quickly deciding that the toy soldiers on David Morales's hat, are not threatening anyone with their 1/4 inch 'Guns'. Overwhelming outrage against the 'Political Correctness' travesty being forced on society, is most likely the reason. Keep it up Patriots, they will eventually get 'educated'.

Hello all, Seems to be pretty interesting site for sure. Down here in South West NM about 6 miles from El Paso. Look forward to the information given on this site.

Welcome from the Lowcountry!

You'll get a lot of advice from folks here, and darn near 50% of it will be right! LOL!! The gun that is best for you will be up to you only. It has the "fit" you right. Some want it to look good. I think that "look good" has to do with things that make it easier to point, not only aesthetics.

You'll also hear a LOT about the difference in calibers that you should carry. Well, here's how I view that. You've already made the best decision on that. You made the decision to have a GUN. Any caliber beats not having a caliber at all!!

Finally, in S.C., we have to carry concealed, so choose a gun that you can carry concealed comfortably. Get a good quality holster for the gun....one that makes it feel like you're not wearing one after awhile. ...one that affords you easy, and smooth access to your gun when you draw it out.

All of this is done by going to gun shops and seeing and feeling the size, shape and fit, of guns and holsters. You can choose to buy at a gun shop or from several online dealers with good reputations like BUD' GUN SHOP or IMPACT GUNS. The prices are good too.

Good luck with you research. Don't fail to ask for help anytime.

Hey All....New guy from Boca, Fl/ Seabrook, SC.....use the same name "milkmanjoe" on other gun forums... looking forward to seeing the goings on here and contributing.

New From South Fla.

Hi All.... Posted here last night, maybe didn't go through. Am here in Boca, also spend alot of time at my place in Seabrook, South Carolina. If you are on other forums you might see me as milkmanjoe there too, no different handles for me. Looking forward to fitting in and contributing.

Welcome to all new members.
Stay seated, keep arms and legs in, don't feed the trolls, bathe daily, clean socks and underwear, shirt and shoes are not required (unless open carry is not permitted), and above all, learn and have fun.:biggrin:

Peace...

New Member from Vermont

Hello, I found this site rather late last night (This morning) while looking up information on CCW licensing from Florida, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. I'm still a bit confused about the requirements I have found, but I am also tired of being unprotected when I travel out of state.

A little about me. I'm a gun nut 1st Class, I am an NRA Life Member, Former NRA Pistol and Rifle Safety Instructor, GOA Member, semi-active Local Fish and Game Club member, Gunsmith (Currently personal firearms only) and I'm a Type 3 license holder.

I will be looking around for a while before I ask some pointed questions of anyone who can tell me about those licenses I mentioned, and I hope I can add some perspective from the Wild East. :lol:

Feel free to send me a PM and say hi.

Welcome to all new members.
Stay seated, keep arms and legs in, don't feed the trolls, bathe daily, clean socks and underwear, shirt and shoes are not required (unless open carry is not permitted), and above all, learn and have fun.:biggrin:

Peace...

Wow, lots of new members! Welcome to all and I'll comment on part of 6SC's advice. If you feed the trolls, YOU deal with them. While we are here to learn, we're also here to have fun so please keep your sense of humor handy and apply it generously.

hello,
new to the site and new to ccw world learning more every day hit the site at lease once a day,by the way my name is ted,
I have tow hand guns a taurus p85 38 special and s&w sig 9mm carry the 38 right now.Hope to learn all I can thanks for the site and the info really helpfull.Later

Hello from Caswell County, North Carolina. I'm a lifelong shooting and gun enthusiast and have been reloading since I was 14. I'm retired now and enjoying my Grandkids.
NRA Member & Recruiter
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA First Steps Instructor
NC CCW Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads