New Member Welcome Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie from Wisconsin. Looking forward to my concealed carry class in September and getting my own gun shortly thereafter!

Hello all! Looking forward to taking some classes and getting my CCW (either in Tn or NC (May be moving soon)) Paramedic by day, computer guy/photographer by night haha!

EDIT*
Just a quick question- does anyone know why I can't edit my profile? (add a signature, picture, location, etc?)

Hello all! Looking forward to taking some classes and getting my CCW (either in Tn or NC (May be moving soon)) Paramedic by day, computer guy/photographer by night haha!

EDIT*
Just a quick question- does anyone know why I can't edit my profile? (add a signature, picture, location, etc?)

You'll find plenty of photography guys here and at least one paramedic that I know of. Welcome to you and the other newcomers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well darn, guess I should have posted here first. So here is what I posted earlier in the Mississippi forum...

Madison resident here. I have been considering doing this for some time, and with all of the nut jobs running around shooting people, I believe it is time to arm myself against the possibility someone next to me in the checkout line will start wigging out and letting bullets fly. I am not interested in looking for a fight, but if one finds me, and I don't have an out, at least I can ensure I have a good chance of winning.

I am quite experienced with the shotguns and rifles that I hunt with, but it dawned on me last night when I was thinking about doing this that I have NEVER pulled the trigger on a handgun. I never really had access to one. And I really do not know much about which would best suit me, though I believe it is in my best interest to try some out.

So anyway, here's me saying HEY to all of you on here, and maybe I will see some of you shooting at Turcotte sometime soon.

One question - anyone here know a place where I might be able to try out several different brands or calibers?

And also.....

12 Gauges
Belgium Browning A5 3" Magnum 32" Full Choke
Belgium Browning A5 28" Modified
Belgium Browning A5 28" Improved Cylinder
Remington 1100 32" (not sure choke, I inherited from my grandpa. Must research.)

Rifles
Glenfield 75 (Marlin) Carbine - .22
Revelation 30-06

Welcome to the new guys. I noticed a few questions recently in this forum on choosing a handgun and getting permits. Thought I'd mention that you're more likely to get responses in the general gun forum or state specific ones - folks mostly just say 'hi' and introduce themselves in this one.

Hiya, I am finally getting into guns in my mid 40's. I used to drink a lot and always knew that it was not a good and/nor safe to own a gun in my condition. I no longer drink and am very excited to start an intro to guns class(waiting on glasses to come in so I can get TN DL) as my first step to safely trying out guns and finding what is right for me. I do like semi-auto handguns and might start off with a .22lr of some type.

I'm going to be on a budget to start out but safety will definitely be top priority. The reason for my first gun selection is that I'll be mainly hitting the range and this'll be the least expensive ammo wise to practice with before I move to a 9mm or whatever I choose next. I'm also in the process of moving and most know that isn't cheap to do.

I have no fear to firing the first shot or anything like as I have shot a couple times before and was comfortable. I have read up on a bunch of different range rules and etiquette. Learning Tn laws and all else I need to know. Checking for best ear/eye protection in my price range. Pretty much everything one should know before handling a firearm.

That's pretty much it and look forward to throwing around some words with you all. :meeting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back