Michael Brown

You find me any case where a crime was brought in as evidence without a police report.
Exactly. If someone is on trial for a crime and the prosecutor tries to bring-in a witness who claims the defendant committed a different crime against him but no police report was ever made, it's hearsay. The judge will deny the testimony as it's irrelevant and prejudicial.

There are plenty of MURDERS without a complainant. Tell me something about FIRE, something I might believe you know something about.
So tell me about murder... something I know about. In order for a death to be called murder there must be an investigation. It can't be formally called a murder until determined by investigative or objective findings such as an autopsy. The complainant is the victim and the people of the state. The victim testifies through autopsy.

That apology was stupid for the police chief to make. Opportunist violent rioters and looters are always going to look for an excuse to do what they do.

That apology was stupid for the police chief to make. Opportunist violent rioters and looters are always going to look for an excuse to do what they do.

Yep... bad for everyone. Gives the trouble-makers an excuse. Gives the parents more to hang on to that their boy was the good guy cut down by a rogue cop. Cuts into the morale of the police department. Sends a mixed signal to everyone. Nothing but bad, bad, bad.

If it is ruled a bad shoot, then an apology is deserved...bad timing...but if it's the truth the morale, mixed messages, etc are not a bad thing, they are the consequences of a bad shoot

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Link Removed

Who was violent and/or rioting and/or looting in the last couple or three days? Every report I've seen speaks about protests, not riots. Some reports do characterize them as "angry" protests, or that "...the shooting comes amid 'simmering tensions' between many community members and the police in Ferguson..." but nothing I've read says anything about them rioting or looting.

You do support their right to protest, don't you?

No one would know from whodat's link to Plumber Joe's website, but Link Removed as saying that the shooting of the cop had nothing at all to do with the Brown/Wilson case, so it couldn't have had anything to do with protesters, rioters or looters either. Even whodat's link simply says the recent shooting happened, "...close to the area impacted by protests last month in Ferguson..." while the AP quotes the Chief saying:

Although there were two separate protests about the Aug. 9 shooting of Michael Brown happening around the time the officer was shot Saturday night, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said he didn't think they were related in any way to the attack on the officer.

But I guess any opportunity to drag out the rhetoric about rioters and looters just can't be passed by, even though the shooting had nothing to do with anything like that. Predictable.

Blues

Who was violent and/or rioting and/or looting in the last couple or three days? Every report I've seen speaks about protests, not riots. Some reports do characterize them as "angry" protests, or that "...the shooting comes amid 'simmering tensions' between many community members and the police in Ferguson..." but nothing I've read says anything about them rioting or looting.

You do support their right to protest, don't you?

No one would know from whodat's link to Plumber Joe's website, but Link Removed as saying that the shooting of the cop had nothing at all to do with the Brown/Wilson case, so it couldn't have had anything to do with protesters, rioters or looters either. Even whodat's link simply says the recent shooting happened, "...close to the area impacted by protests last month in Ferguson..." while the AP quotes the Chief saying:

But I guess any opportunity to drag out the rhetoric about rioters and looters just can't be passed by, even though the shooting had nothing to do with anything like that. Predictable.

Blues

When did I say the violent rioters, or looters had anything to do with Michael Brown? The criminals that robbed senior citizens, in the "name of michael brown", the Ferguson cop that was shot last night, and the city cop that was off duty, who was shot in north county. The latter two occurred within hours of each other. The apology correlated to a spike in violence on cops in the nearby area- both in the town as well as the town right next to it. Correlation does not equate to causation.

Right to protest? Where have i spoken about protest done lawfully?

NONE of the acts of RIOTING, LOOTING, and other CRIMES committed had to do with Michael Brown. THANK YOU. case and point. Events surrounding Michael Brown case- correlate to looting, rioting, and hate crimes on cops. And one of the few things that the Brown case can be cited to have direct causation of- would be protesting. Where did I write- that I have an issue with that.

My rhetoric regarding these looters and rioters is as predictable as your rhetoric to nit pick on anything I/anyone has to say against the matter. Where in my post do I speak of the protestors? Or were you being assumptive.

Bad people will do what bad people will do.

These criminals and shiiiit stirrers bring bad publicity to the Brown case. They have NOTHING to do with the Brown shooting. If they want to be proactive. They can join the protestors- instead of committing crimes.

Bad people will do what bad people will do.

These criminals and shiiiit stirrers bring bad publicity to the Brown case. They have NOTHING to do with the Brown shooting. If they want to be proactive. They can join the protestors- instead of committing crimes.

Are the "these" and "they's" you're referring to the singular cop-shooter that whodat posted about who the Chief said had nothing whatsoever to do with the protests?

If not, are you still referring to the protesters that came out after the Chief made a rather ridiculous apology to Brown's family? Are you answering the question that I asked before, you do support their right to protest, don't you, that no you don't?

I was speaking of the spike in police hate crimes that occurred last night. One that the chief said had nothing to do with the protest and the other- was an off duty cop who was shot at about 10 minutes away from ferguson.

These crimes, as well as the looting and rioting that occurred IN ferguson the past 7 weeks- ALL have NOTHING to do with Michael brown.

Again I repeat. If they want to be proactive- they should go and peacefully protest. There's a difference between correlation and causation. The riots & violence the past 7 weeks and nearby police hate crimes - correlate to the brown case. But the protests are in direct causation to brown.

And in closing- I support the people's right to protest. I don't support the criminals that shot the two cops (in two separate locations within hours of each other) last night, nor the criminals that robbed a group of senior citizens several days ago (and they actually said they did it in the name of Michael brown- which is a load of bull bc it's got nothing to do with brown).

Yes but find a court that has charged someone with murder when no one calls it in, no missing persons reported, and no police are involved.

Fire creates hot air...just like the hot air that fills your head. Don't you have more badges to fluff?

I'm not going to go through all the FOIA trouble to try and find a report, but this is close enough Link Removed

The police WERE called to Brown's strong-arm robbery. That is where officer Wilson was en route to when the altercation occurred. I believe that plays a major role in the shooting.

And yes, I was the one who brought up PTSD as it relates to an officer who needs to take time off after a shoot. YOU were the one who started asking if I new the history of PTSD and all the different ways you can get it, which was a major derailment from what I was talking about.

I'm not going to go through all the FOIA trouble to try and find a report, but this is close enough Link Removed

The police WERE called to Brown's strong-arm robbery. That is where officer Wilson was en route to when the altercation occurred. I believe that plays a major role in the shooting.

And yes, I was the one who brought up PTSD as it relates to an officer who needs to take time off after a shoot. YOU were the one who started asking if I new the history of PTSD and all the different ways you can get it, which was a major derailment from what I was talking about.

Wilson didn't know about the strong armed robbery. Link Removed Link Removed Even in your own link it states police say that brown and Johnson were stopped during a routine patrol.

You brought up PTSD and the VA, derailing by trying to link it to time off for officers involved in shootings. You obviously don't understand PTSD, get over it.

Wilson didn't know about the strong armed robbery. Link Removed Link Removed Even in your own link it states police say that brown and Johnson were stopped during a routine patrol.

You brought up PTSD and the VA, derailing by trying to link it to time off for officers involved in shootings. You obviously don't understand PTSD, get over it.

He stopped Brown because he matched the description of the BOLO that was given out after the robbery. He was responding to the robbery with his partner. He did not stop them on "routine patrol". Nothing in my article states that. The police chief himself said that Wilson was responding to robbery when the shooting happened.

OK, I guess I'm going to have to spell this out. Officers sometimes have to shoot people. Shooting people, and especially killing them, can lead to (but not always) PTSD. If put back under stress before being evaluated and allowed time to clear your head, you could could really fly off the handle and do something crazy. To avoid this, agencies make it standard policy to give administrative leave to those involved in a shooting. Thats the way it has been and will be. Get over it.

Here is the link supporting both arguments

Andy- the Police chief's big eff up- was when it came to light that Officer Wilson did not have a clue that a robbery was in progress. There is conflicting reports- from the Chief's initial statements.

However---- there WAS a call made from a customer in the store- that witnessed and related that they believed a robbery was in progress. The customer saw in person- what we saw (in video)- from an angled view from the security camera.

So- no- Wilson did not know about the robbery being related to Brown-

But- Yes- Brown was reported by the customer- but Brown was never charged. Being that Brown was never charged - "a crime was not committed" which is true- in legality -

However what is the point of charging someone you can not prosecute? example- if the defendant is deceased.

Normally- you can then determine innocent/guilty - plea bargain- seek restitution- make do jail time- etc. But how so and whats the point if the person in question is deceased?

He stopped Brown because he matched the description of the BOLO that was given out after the robbery. He was responding to the robbery with his partner. He did not stop them on "routine patrol". Nothing in my article states that. The police chief himself said that Wilson was responding to robbery when the shooting happened.

"Police have said Brown was shot after an officer encountered him and another man on the street during a routine patrol." 7 paragraphs from the bottom of your article. I gave three articles stating the same, and Courtney gave another. The Chief himself stated Wilson didn't know, and even apologized to the brown family. The Chief is an idiot...makes sense when you look at his employees.

OK, I guess I'm going to have to spell this out. Officers sometimes have to shoot people. Shooting people, and especially killing them, can lead to (but not always) PTSD. If put back under stress before being evaluated and allowed time to clear your head, you could could really fly off the handle and do something crazy. To avoid this, agencies make it standard policy to give administrative leave to those involved in a shooting. Thats the way it has been and will be. Get over it.

Pigs all ready got that "fly of the handle and do something crazy" down pretty good without killing anyone. Stress management is obviously not a prerequisite for "law enforcement". Seeing as you can't even get your own article correct, I doubt you can grasp the super complex concept of stress management.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back