Michael Brown

I want to THROW UP at these opportunists- who continually want to disrespect & make upstanding members of the black community look bad- as they leech onto anything that will allow them to scream racism. Its been non stop breaking news on tv- this "innocent guy"- who did nothing. who was an innocent bystander who was walking with his grandmother (which is different from what grandma says- She says, she was driving and saw her grandson running)- and SHOT IN DEAD BROAD LIGHT- and all the RIOTING and LOOTING afterwards, according to the NAACP was due to anguished young ones- who, through hurt- had exhibited these actions. OH SHUT UP. A cop shot this kid for no reason right? So quick to jump to conclusions of course. Mind you Fergeuson is NOT an all white community by any means- its a community of largely black citizens. St. Louis is not some midwest city known for its racism. (undoubtedly, racism exists everywhere, just as does coffee.)

Mom was on TV- right away- crying about "how hard she had to just get him to go to high school" etc etc... what kind of people are able to be on tv. right after their son has been shot? Not me. Takes a special kind of special to do that. Two days later- mom and dad are on tv with their attorney. Mom had time to go to the hair salon to get her hair done- i'm guessing bc she felt she didn't look her best on tv the first time-. There she stands- a single line of tear- here and there- never everywhere. If that was me. my EYES WOULD BE SWOLLEN. I would scream if some opportunist lawyer from some expensive cooperation asked me if i would be on tv with him. I would say, do you not see? My child just died. I wouldn't say- ok- I'm going to go get my hair done.

So- mom stood there- SAID NOTHING. No elaborate words of wisdom. and when it was her turn at the mic- she throws out a line of tear- looks downward- and says- oh lordy lordy lordy- really?? Are you really here to honor and commemorate your son- or are you here to show off your new hair style and outfit? Oh LORDY.

Soooo many people showed up for protesting- including today- hmmm.... i wonder if these people called into work first before taking the day off? The looting- in honor of mike brown of course- involved about 13 stores in the fergeson area- and included cell phone stores, sports stores that sold athlete gear - stores that sold women's hair extensions. A QT gas station completely burned down. An Auto Tire store completely looted. What a state of chaos. But I expected it. Even the news stated that this reaction was "expected"...hmmm....

The situation demonstrates, once again, why armed defense of one's property is sometimes absolutely necessary. With no police in sight, the owners of a tattoo parlor and a gun store made their stand to protect their businesses:

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/da...ess_owners_some_a rmed_survey_the_damage.php

The same thing happened during the LA riots, when Korean business owners held off looters for more than two days until the Nat'l guard finally arrived on the scene:

When 'assault weapons' saved Koreatown | Human Events

Listen to what one particularly loud looter says, "Let's go! Go get you some of that money up around there…"

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b5_ZrN30dDg[/video]

OK. By now, most of us have heard about Michael Brown, the "unarmed young man" who was shot by police in MO "for no reason." A videotaped interview of the young man's friend, who was with him at the time of the shooting, tells a different story and gives us details that have not been made public.

I want to make it clear that I am not defending the police at this time. They are under investigation to determine if they broke the law.

But this video makes a few details very clear.

1. The two young men were walking down the middle of a street, talking, forcing traffic to avoid them.

2. A police officer stopped them in the middle of the street where they were walking and told them to get on the sidewalk.

3. The two young men argued with the officer, telling him they were near their destination, in essence telling the officer to leave them alone to continue walking down the middle of the street in violation of local laws, basic safety rules, and the lawful command of a police officer.

4. The officer left, coming back moments later to enforce his previous lawful command.

5. Brown continued arguing with the officer and resisted his efforts to get him out of the middle of the street and, moments later, into the squad car.

It is at this point that things got ugly, and it will be up to the FBI to determine if, as the officer says, Brown tried to disarm him or if the officer did indeed shoot him in cold blood. I am not going to assume anything.

There is more to this story, as the friend's videotaped testimony makes very clear, and it paints a picture of a couple of thugs who thought they were tougher than they turned out to be.

Link Removed

They also looted the St. Louis galleria mall. A mall no where near ferguson. All under the bs excuse of "we are doing this to 'show' the police what we do when they take down one of our own". Total b. s.

I did hear that he tried to disarm the cop as well. What I believe happened is that this cop took down a thug. And unfortunately- all the witnesses were thugs with zero credibility and the NAACP on speed dial.

Thugs. Thugs. Thugs. Thug's mother on tv. Thugs lawyer all over the news. And a bunch of protestors who had the time to come and protest on a Monday.

Thank God the gun store owner held his fort down.

They also looted a couple stores in South County, which is on the other side of St Louis. It's sad what happened, but depending on whose version of the events are true will determine whether this is a tragic event that could have been avoided had they just complied and got out of the street, or a bad cop who did something horrible and should be punished. Either way they are releasing the cops name today. I hope his family is safe.

I may sound like I am defending the rioters but I am curious what options the rioters have been given. Wait for the law to take care of it (the shooting). The "law" is what killed the kid to begin with. The fox is in the hen house and he ain't leaving. I ask the question...how many more innocent lives need to be lost to LEO without any sort of backlash. If it was my kid that was gunned down by cops I am not so sure I could sit back and wait for courtroom antics...as if it would ever get to a courtroom. The country nearly burned to the ground in the sixties...not because of the Vietnam war but because of police brutality against our black fellow citizens. Some of you young cops need to read some US history about Newark, Detroit, Oakland, LA, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and all the others. You guys are building a bigger powder keg this time. BTW, I am a white guy that could see the smoke rising above the DC skyline in 68 after King was murdered. I was 12 miles away.

I may sound like I am defending the rioters but I am curious what options the rioters have been given. Wait for the law to take care of it (the shooting). The "law" is what killed the kid to begin with. The fox is in the hen house and he ain't leaving. I ask the question...how many more innocent lives need to be lost to LEO without any sort of backlash. If it was my kid that was gunned down by cops I am not so sure I could sit back and wait for courtroom antics...as if it would ever get to a courtroom. The country nearly burned to the ground in the sixties...not because of the Vietnam war but because of police brutality against our black fellow citizens. Some of you young cops need to read some US history about Newark, Detroit, Oakland, LA, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and all the others. You guys are building a bigger powder keg this time. BTW, I am a white guy that could see the smoke rising above the DC skyline in 68 after King was murdered. I was 12 miles away.

Not sure the logical conclusion to their powerlessness is to take it out on others who are also powerless to change that system. If it were me I would not see it as a reason to burn other people out and acquire some "free" stuff. Sad thing is, if they try that s--t in some places a lot more "innocent" folks are likely to be shot... and so the cycle continues.

What a total bunch of bull crap you just posted

I'm going to just say that I could not disagree with you more.

Listen to what one particularly loud looter says, "Let's go! Go get you some of that money up around there…"

[video=youtube;b5_ZrN30dDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b5_ZrN30dDg[/video]

That is just ignorant and inconsiderate.

Holding your phone vertically when shooting a YouTube video.

I may sound like I am defending the rioters but I am curious what options the rioters have been given. Wait for the law to take care of it (the shooting). The "law" is what killed the kid to begin with.

Most of the rioters were not even from Fergeuson. They were from outside that town. They came and left the town with armfuls of sports jerseys, basketball shoes, women's clothing, "lets go get us some money up in there-" and then burned down the gas station- hair extensions- and stirring things up at places that were 30-40 mins away- all "in the name" of showing the cops how they respond. Opportunists. Leeches.

Do you know something the public does not know? Do you know the complete story yet? I do not know either. So I am only commenting on what I do know- a town full of crimes that were committed that had nothing to do with the current ongoing investigation. Imagine if this was your business that got looted. While everyone is grinning and says- hey- thats just what happens. ??? what?? um- where is the logic? NONE. I do not understand how you can say: what other options have the rioters have been given.

OPTIONS??

What a total bunch of bull crap you just posted

Simpletons can't wait for the real rioting to begin. Your pants won't be full of bull crap when it starts...your pants will be full of your crap. Oh wait...you are a gun guy aren't you. Oh wait...maybe you are a cop in which case you can start shooting anytime you want...right now if it suits you. That's right, you can defend yourself...at least for as long as your rounds in the magazine last. Tough guys like you always whimper the best. When you are overwhelmed by the hoards after your 9mm is empty please don't cry like a little baby...I will just laugh!

Most of the rioters were not even from Fergeuson. They were from outside that town. They came and left the town with armfuls of sports jerseys, basketball shoes, women's clothing, "lets go get us some money up in there-" and then burned down the gas station- hair extensions- and stirring things up at places that were 30-40 mins away- all "in the name" of showing the cops how they respond. Opportunists. Leeches.

Do you know something the public does not know? Do you know the complete story yet? I do not know either. So I am only commenting on what I do know- a town full of crimes that were committed that had nothing to do with the current ongoing investigation. Imagine if this was your business that got looted. While everyone is grinning and says- hey- thats just what happens. ??? what?? um- where is the logic? NONE. I do not understand how you can say: what other options have the rioters have been given.

OPTIONS??

Yeah...I know something most of you cowboys on this forum don't know. Folks are going to have enough of the killing by cops one day. When that happens don't dare drive through south central...you will get your face bashed in. Does Reginald Denny ring a bell?

Yeah...I know something most of you cowboys on this forum don't know. Folks are going to have enough of the killing by cops one day. When that happens don't dare drive through south central...you will get your face bashed in. Does Reginald Denny ring a bell?

I know we are all entitled to our opinions, but when you try to justify the heinous acts committed by the cowards who looted and destroyed property and businesses of people who had nothing to do with the horrible thing that happened, then I will exercise my right to not pay any attention to your ramblings. Why don't people choose to be part of the solution instead of perpetuating the problem?

OK. By now, most of us have heard about Michael Brown, the "unarmed young man" who was shot by police in MO "for no reason." A videotaped interview of the young man's friend, who was with him at the time of the shooting, tells a different story and gives us details that have not been made public.

I want to make it clear that I am not defending the police at this time. They are under investigation to determine if they broke the law.

But this video makes a few details very clear.

1. The two young men were walking down the middle of a street, talking, forcing traffic to avoid them.

2. A police officer stopped them in the middle of the street where they were walking and told them to get on the sidewalk.

3. The two young men argued with the officer, telling him they were near their destination, in essence telling the officer to leave them alone to continue walking down the middle of the street in violation of local laws, basic safety rules, and the lawful command of a police officer.

4. The officer left, coming back moments later to enforce his previous lawful command.

5. Brown continued arguing with the officer and resisted his efforts to get him out of the middle of the street and, moments later, into the squad car.

It is at this point that things got ugly, and it will be up to the FBI to determine if, as the officer says, Brown tried to disarm him or if the officer did indeed shoot him in cold blood. I am not going to assume anything.

There is more to this story, as the friend's videotaped testimony makes very clear, and it paints a picture of a couple of thugs who thought they were tougher than they turned out to be.
Link Removed

There is also the part where the cop tried to open his door and it "ricocheted (sp) back into him", Translation, the cop tried to open the door and get out and the thugs forced the door back shut. I am not defending the shooting, but it sounds like the "poor innocent little unarmed boys" asked to be confronted then everything got out of hand. I also understand that it was a lone cop, and if my interpretation is correct he was facing 2 little boys that had just displayed both disregard for and violence towards the officer.

I may sound like I am defending the rioters [NO, you ARE defending the rioters] but I am curious what options the rioters have been given. [I don't know, maybe the option NOT to become opportunistic thieves?] Wait for the law to take care of it (the shooting). The "law" is what killed the kid to begin with. The fox is in the hen house and he ain't leaving. I ask the question...how many more innocent lives need to be lost to LEO without any sort of backlash. If it was my kid that was gunned down by cops I am not so sure I could sit back and wait for courtroom antics...as if it would ever get to a courtroom. [If it was your kid would you go burn down the local stop-n-rob or steal you some new shoes because you thought it was justified?] The country nearly burned to the ground in the sixties...not because of the Vietnam war but because of police brutality against our black fellow citizens. Some of you young cops need to read some US history about Newark, Detroit, Oakland, LA, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and all the others. You guys are building a bigger powder keg this time. BTW, I am a white guy that could see the smoke rising above the DC skyline in 68 after King was murdered. I was 12 miles away.
For your information, peaceful sit-in type protests did more to advance the cause of oppressed blacks in the 50's-60's than did any rioting. Rioting is not nor has it ever been a form of protest. It is opportunistic thuggery. The talking heads on CNN (I was stuck in a doctors office) were actually comparing this case to Trayvon Martin trying to stir the pot. There is NO justification for anyone to steal from or vandalize their fellow citizens or their property because they are mad at the cops.
-
Example - After the Rodney King verdict - "Oh, you found the cops not guilty? I'm gonna burn down the city, steal what I want, and beat the hell out of any white person stupid enough to think it's not their fault."
-
If you think anything that the thugs did was justified you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

There is NO justification for anyone to steal from or vandalize their fellow citizens or their property because they are mad at the cops.

There is if you want to steal their stuff and vandalize. Hell, let us all remember Katrina.

I also understand that it was a lone cop, and if my interpretation is correct he was facing 2 little boys that had just displayed both disregard for and violence towards the officer.

My friend saw the guy's body in the morgue- he was not "little" (but I understand your expression)- he was close to 6'4" and about 285lbs.

The media is coining it as "cop shoots unarmed teen" - but leaked details (not official yet- nor confirmed)- if true- would be more like: unarmed teen who tried arming himself with LEO's pistol.

When the press release comes out for the LEO's statement- of what INITIALLY happened- it's just going to be the cop's word against everyone else. Bc who is going to be brave enough to come forward to back up his story? This occurred in a residential neighborhood. Most witnesses would be a resident- OF that neighborhood. And the town is 65% African American. No one is going to be able to back up the cop without a lot of back lash. Esp after the riot???

Law enforcement officers are not robots that are error free. They are humans- capable of error and evil. Regardless of the facts - of which we do not have an official press release to hear what "they" have to say- to justify barbaric behavior that has no correlation to this scenario- is completely illogical- and is exactly the mentality those looters have. A mentality Jim seems to have in common.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back