Michael Brown

You can show your support - for Wilson OR Brown- by going to www.TEESPRING.com, enter search words "officer darren Wilson" or "mike brown" - then click on t shirt and look for the green VERIFIED logo- after clicking the selected shirt. Green logo means that teespring has verified that the organization has properly appropriated the funds.

Mike Brown's funeral is today. I'm a million miles away from justifying what he did. But of course- I feel sorry for him. Young and so brazen. Perhaps molded by a culture that made him think he had to act in a certain manner to be considered acceptable? He did not get to experience life's changes- to get to grow older, mature, and look back on August 9 2014 and say- man that was reckless. But instead he's gone. Robbed himself of his future.

And if Officer Wilson is a good man- his life will never be the same- in terms of self cope. It's hard enough killing a seasoned life criminal - it's an entirely different thing to be involved and play a direct role in eliminating the life of someone so young. who knows which direction they would have taken their lives- I am a completely different than when I was 18.

Assuming Brown was actually enrolled in vatterott college- what if he had just skipped going to ferguson Mart that day. And started school the following week. Then realized how much more fulfilled he was now that he was among peers that have ambition and drive. But life goes how life goes. And now instead of being young and learning- he's young and dead.

The police stated Brown had no previous arrest records...how is he a seasoned life criminal? The truth has yet to come out, how was Brown at fault of robbing his own future if Wilson indeed murdered him?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

The police stated Brown had no previous arrest records...how is he a seasoned life criminal? The truth has yet to come out, how was Brown at fault of robbing his own future if Wilson indeed murdered him?

The same way he's being considered guilty of a strong arm robbery for which no one has come forth to claim themselves as his victim. Security cameras and radio talk show call-ins are the new trier of facts. Juries? We don't need no stinkin' juries!

Blues

The same way he's being considered guilty of a strong arm robbery for which no one has come forth to claim themselves as his victim. Security cameras and radio talk show call-ins are the new trier of facts. Juries? We don't need no stinkin' juries!

Blues
There is another place where guilt or innocence is judged by folks who don't have all the facts.... internet forums.

Brown was absolutely heading in a bad way. Show me your friends and I'll tell you what you are. He's hanging around with bad people. At 18-years-old people know right from wrong. He chose wrong. However, I am unwilling to justify what happened to him. I'm unwilling to say those things warrant a death sentence. I'm unwilling to say he couldn't turn his life around. I want the truth to come out. And if this cop shot him intentionally I want that cop locked-up for life. I also think the local PD should not be nearly all white when working a 2/3 black city.

Brown was absolutely heading in a bad way. Show me your friends and I'll tell you what you are. He's hanging around with bad people. At 18-years-old people know right from wrong. He chose wrong. However, I am unwilling to justify what happened to him. I'm unwilling to say those things warrant a death sentence. I'm unwilling to say he couldn't turn his life around. I want the truth to come out. And if this cop shot him intentionally I want that cop locked-up for life. I also think the local PD should not be nearly all white when working a 2/3 black city.
While I agree with most of what you said I do not believe that percentages of racial makeup of a community should determine who is hired for what jobs. I believe only the qualified should be hired regardless of race.

Where did I call him a seasoned life criminal?? I stated that it's hard enough for a cop to take out a seasoned life criminal. It must be even HARDER - to take out a person who is young- and at a pivotal point in their life where you do not know which direction their headed.

My post could not have been a more speculative one. It's called "my opinion."

I tuned into the brown funeral for a couple minutes. The large photos of mike brown were all the one same photo- which is of him wearing the beats brand headphones.

Anyone else with me on this: it's hard for me to grasp that a family would/could have paid the tuition for a trade school- when- (assuming) - they have never even paid to have yearbook (aka school) photos taken for their son. Either that- or the boy's family did not want to release professional photos of their son- and instead preferred ones of him wearing headphones?

Tuition was approx. $26,000. I entered it into the vatterott tuition estimator. It's a 14 month program to become licensed for HVAC. I entered combined income for mom and dad at $30k + (to get the greatest amount of financial aid).

He may have been heading that way, but by all records, he was not there.

Where did I call him a seasoned life criminal?? I stated that it's hard enough for a cop to take out a seasoned life criminal. It must be even HARDER - to take out a person who is young- and at a pivotal point in their life where you do not know which direction their headed.

My post could not have been a more speculative one. It's called "my opinion."

In a thread specifically about Brown and Wilson, why would one think you were talking in general terms and not on the subjects involved?

It seems, a few others understood that the description "seasoned life criminal" was aimed towards Brown...even if unintentionally.

Blues
  1. Did not the friend ADMIT that he robbed the store?
  2. The store owner/clerk has to live in that town. What if he's afraid of retaliation... which has already happened, I believe.
  3. Video is video. Those who try to suppress it usually have good (if not innocent) cause to do so. If there were video of the cop shooting him in the back of the head, execution style, that would count against him. The video goes to Brown's motivation, just as an hysterical, Harless style tirade would go to the cop's.
Like I said, I wouldn't bet my life on the veracity of EITHER side.

Just to clarify-
Courtney said:
And if Officer Wilson is a good man- his life will never be the same- in terms of self cope. It's hard enough killing a seasoned life criminal - it's an entirely different thing to be involved and play a direct role in eliminating the life of someone so young. who knows which direction they would have taken their lives- I am a completely different than when I was 18.

I was not referring to Brown as a seasoned life criminal - but rather- one who was so young. We don't know which way his life could've turned. (If) he started school just days later- who knows what ambition just a week of school might instill into him. But to address another post- altho I'm jumping the gun- at this point- i'm certain that Brown played a huge role (and further investigation will determine if it was a SOLE role) in robbing himself of his future.

But Wilson is supposed to be a trained professional. My next question is- amidst the adrenaline- was Wilson able to determine when- his shots had achieved in stopping the target- or- was he not going to stop- until he achieved eliminating the target. Are we able to determine, in following all evidence presented- whether(regardless of adrenaline)- he had decided to shoot to kill- instead of shoot to stop.

On a separate note- plenty of articles- have completely gutted the privacy of the officer. Obviously- when you have something this high profile- in terms of news coverage- its to be expected. They've released information that- it not relevant. They've released his parents' names. His mother's criminal history. His (live in) girlfriend's full name and place of employment. His marriage/divorce record. What town he lives in. Even what his home looks like, and how its decorated. What his salary is. Its a good thing- that when a "tell all" article is written about a person- that their dirtiest laundry- has nothing to do with them- (such as his mother's identity theft related charges).

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/16/u...wilson-2-paths-to-a-fatal-encounter.html?_r=0
http://www.nate-thayer.com/ferguson-cop-darren-wilson-reveals-shot-missouri-black-teenager/

Also, in reading- i've come across a couple claims on the internet staying that Mike Brown actually DID have a criminal record. To what i've researched myself- these are false. There is a michael brown, born 1997- with an extensive violent criminal record, who is from troy, Mo- they are not the same person. Also- in missouri- you're charged as an adult when you're 17. So 17 does not involve a juvenile record. I used both names- Mike and Michael Brown

But i'm curious- and following this story: Reporter claims he was told by several LE that Brown has a juvenile record, and is suing to get access to those "records"

Link Removed

You can find these yourself here

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

to help limit your search, limit the search to 21st Judicial Circuit (St. Louis County). When you get search result, click on "parties and Attorneys"- and most often they will include the defendant's birth year.

This is a free site, that allows MO residents to look up backgrounds for anyone. Family court, traffic, criminal, and civil records are all in one database. Any other states have this? Also- I'm not sure- but I'm assuming that the defendants on this database- are entered based on the state that their case is filed in, and not where they live.

1. Did not the friend ADMIT that he robbed the store?
Well, I got so much crap for using a CNN source the other day that I'm hesitant to cite where this "admission" to a robbery (not even close) came from, but his attorney said to MSNBC that:

“We see that there’s tape, that they claim they got a tape that shows there was some sort of strong-armed robbery,” said Freeman Bosley, Johnson’s attorney. “We need to see that tape, my client did tell us and told the FBI that they went into the store. He told FBI that [Brown] did take cigarillos. He told that to the DOJ and the St. Louis County Police.”

The only admission is of petty theft. If Brown had lived, would he be facing either petty theft or strong arm robbery charges? If so, why isn't Dorian Johnson facing such charges already?

Simple. There's no victim.

2. The store owner/clerk has to live in that town. What if he's afraid of retaliation... which has already happened, I believe.

That's his/their decision to make, isn't it? Maybe the store owner knew how corrupt the so-called "justice system" is there and decided those $43 bucks worth of smokable cardboard wasn't worth ruining a young man's life over? Whatever, no victim, no crime.

Video is video.

No it's not. If it was that simple, cops and prosecutors could charge based only on the video and no victim statement would have to be sworn to. But you know as well as I, no victim, no crime.

Those who try to suppress it usually have good (if not innocent) cause to do so. If there were video of the cop shooting him in the back of the head, execution style, that would count against him. The video goes to Brown's motivation, just as an hysterical, Harless style tirade would go to the cop's.

The only "state of mind" evidence that's relevant here is the cop's. Of course he will say that he feared for his safety at each pull of the trigger, but that will be tested against any evidence and witness testimony brought to trial, if there ever is one. Brown's actions, not state of mind, are the only relevant facts to consider to determine if the cop's state of mind was reasonable and/or legal.

People have to remember that if there's a trial in this case, it will be the shooting being scrutinized, every round fired requiring another or continued necessity based on the reasonable belief of the officer that he or others were facing a threat. The petty theft or robbery, whichever one feels they can discern from the propaganda video that the Chief released, and Brown's state of mind, will have no bearing whatsoever on whether or not each individual round fired from Wilson' weapon had a legal justification behind it. Only Wilson's state of mind that he can convince a jury about the veracity of will be relevant to that determination.

Like I said, I wouldn't bet my life on the veracity of EITHER side.

Oh, I'm not betting my life on anyone or anything. I'm trying my best to distill this down to facts, evidence and witness testimony that will matter a wit in a trial of Wilson. The state of mind of Brown seems pretty clear as there is no doubt at all that he ran away after whatever struggle happened at/in the car. He was 35' away from the car after all, and all the witnesses say that he did run. They also all say that rounds were fired while he was running, and that he was stationary when the kill-shot was delivered. Three of the four say his hands were up. Not staking my life on anything. Just recognizing that the current state of evidence through witness accounts makes it an uphill battle for Wilson, and that assumes a trial will ensue, which I don't assume at all. In fact, I'll be fairly surprised if Wilson ever stands trial, and with the witness accounts out there, if a trial doesn't come, that will suck out loud.

Blues

Howdy,

You can find these yourself here

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

to help limit your search, limit the search to 21st Judicial Circuit (St. Louis County). When you get search result, click on "parties and Attorneys"- and most often they will include the defendant's birth year.

I look and there wasn't anything that look like it was about the Michael Brown that was shot and killed by Wilson.

Most of the cases were civil cases over unpaid bills.

Think Brown was a criminal? Go to the site and entire your own name an see how many hits you come up with. For an area as big as St. Louis Co. you'll probably find several with the same name as you.

Paul

P.S. I typed in John Smith and got 8 hits for 2013.

Simple. There's no victim.

That's his/their decision to make, isn't it? Maybe the store owner knew how corrupt the so-called "justice system" is there and decided those $43 bucks worth of smokable cardboard wasn't worth ruining a young man's life over? Whatever, no victim, no crime.

You're right. Just like all the women who have been raped- and felt so shamed or ashamed- or for the countless reasons of not wanting to relive the trauma- they actually refuse to press charges/help prosecute/help give testimony to prosecute their assailant. No reported victim, no crime.

Howdy,

I look and there wasn't anything that look like it was about the Michael Brown that was shot and killed by Wilson.

Most of the cases were civil cases over unpaid bills.

Think Brown was a criminal? Go to the site and entire your own name an see how many hits you come up with. For an area as big as St. Louis Co. you'll probably find several with the same name as you.

Paul

P.S. I typed in John Smith and got 8 hits for 2013.

You've gotta be KIDDING ME. I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you read my post too quickly- rather than bash your reading comprehension skills.

Also, in reading- i've come across a couple claims on the internet staying that Mike Brown actually DID have a criminal record. To what i've researched myself- these are false. There is a michael brown, born 1997- with an extensive violent criminal record, who is from troy, Mo- they are not the same person. Also- in missouri- you're charged as an adult when you're 17. So 17 does not involve a juvenile record. I used both names- Mike and Michael Brown

Consider the photos. I am not saying that it proves Mike Brown robbed the store. To answer the "Why didn't the store clerk call the police" doubters, I will quote a black commentator. "Because in this neighborhood, snitches get stitches and the clerk did not want any retaliation."

What the photos do show is an aggressive Mike Brown grabbing and shoving the clerk, then puffing up and intimidating him. To me Mike Brown looks like a bully. The video which the photos were taken from reveals the combative state of mind that Mike Brown was in before his interaction with the police.

RE: "Why didn't the store clerk call the police?" "Because in this neighborhood, snitches get stitches and the clerk did not want any retaliation."
I vouch for this - lived in Atlanta seven years, where the job took me, and can tell you, you carefully choose when to call the police because of retaliation - just reality, every place has its own particular realities. The clerk (possibly owner/manager) weighed the cost and decided it wasn't worth it. btw, a few stats out there list these convenient store jobs as being more dangerous per hour than many professions presumed to be dangerous.

Consider the photos. I am not saying that it proves Mike Brown robbed the store. To answer the "Why didn't the store clerk call the police" doubters, I will quote a black commentator. "Because in this neighborhood, snitches get stitches and the clerk did not want any retaliation."

What the photos do show is an aggressive Mike Brown grabbing and shoving the clerk, then puffing up and intimidating him. To me Mike Brown looks like a bully. The video which the photos were taken from reveals the combative state of mind that Mike Brown was in before his interaction with the police.

What does Michael Brown's state of mind have to do with anything? In any shooting, whether justifiable or not, the only state of mind evidence that is relevant is the shooter's. Wilson's state of mind will have to be defended if there ever is a trial, for every shot he fired, which as of last night, is now up to 11 shots fired. Even if Brown's state of mind were relevant to Wilson's guilt or innocence (which it ain't, but if), all the witness accounts show his state of mind as either being injured and on the way to the ground, or actively attempting to surrender when the kill shot(s) were fired.

It's been said here many times by many different posters -- cops can't shoot worth a crap. Wilson couldn't hit a giant better'n 55% of his shots fired. The pauses between volleys is going to be another problem for him as they are consistent with all the eye witness reports.

If the Grand Jury is populated by fair and objective people (unlike much of this forum), Wilson's got big problems.

Blues

While I agree with most of what you said I do not believe that percentages of racial makeup of a community should determine who is hired for what jobs. I believe only the qualified should be hired regardless of race.
In general I agree. When a department needs officers they can only pick from qualified people. If no blacks apply then there will be no black officers. One HUGE problem with affirmative action.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back