Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

• Yes...It was for the good of the people.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

Votes: 92 92.9%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Imagine that. A 20block radius in lockdown, SWAT, the National Guard, hundreds of cops, helicopters, MRAPS, Humvees, etc. and the perp was OUTSIDE of the perimeter!

Families forced from their homes (yes, FORCED) schools closed, business's closed, "voluntary lockdown", airspace shutdown and all for what?

The perp was outside of the perimeter and was "caught" by an alert citizen going out back of his house for a smoke!

All in all it was a successful event don't you think?

fixed your post and please not that the way the bad guy was found was when the questionable martial law like atmosphere was abandoned and people were free to go about their business unimpeded by storm trooper like cops and army personnel on their streets and on their property

I strongly resent you "fixing" my post!!!!!!!!!! Comment however you wish, but NEVER CHANGE MY POSTS

Furious at people fixing his posts...Ok with family ordered out of home at gunpoint.

Boston PD salutes you.

Link Removed

"There's a reason you separate the Military and the Police. One fights the enemy of the State and the other serves and protects the People. When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the State tend to become the People." - Admiral William Adama, Battlestar Gallactica

Link Removed

Believe this ass hole is pointing a rifle at an innocent civilians home.

Entering my home without a warrant will get you two attack trained dogs, they don't read anyway, and a tactical response. Yep I would lose and be outnumbered but there would be a tactical response, no body armor on legs, or face.

Martial law is usually imposed on a temporary basis when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively e.g., extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread.

So,you imprision the many to capture the one... Or was this an excuse to run a drill disguised as a man hunt?

Agree, here in Texas a couple of Texas Rangers could have handled this.

It was a difficult task to set out from Boston in search of illegal weaponry and the conditions weren't always favorable. The situation was complicated by the fact that those searching didn't know the extent of the weaponry that they might find or that might even be used against them. They also couldn't be sure if others besides those already identified were the only threat to consider. Theoretically, the occupant of any house could be a potential opponent. And once initial contact had been made, they had no way of knowing if the two days of gun battles really were the end of it all. In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure they didn't see it as the end at all. So I'm sure I can see how they felt that performing a difficult, dangerous task well where no one was hurt, other than possibly their feelings hurt, could be seen as a good thing, and an honorable thing to boot. I can also see how many viewing things in the heat of the moment or in the initial days after might consider criticisms of their conduct to be somewhat paranoid. But history has shown that not to be the case at all. You see, the two day search out of Boston I'm referring to happened 238 years ago, almost to the day. The people searching for illegal weapons were British soldiers out of Boston. One of the people spreading the word was Paul Revere. You may have heard of him. Those soldiers were just as convinced of the legality and righteousness of their searches then as you are of the searches last week. But does being convinced of it make it right? Does being convinced make it legal? Ethical? Moral? No, not really. Certainly not necessarily. It didn't then and it doesn't now.
The colonists weren't paranoid because they thought the heavy handed tactics of the British were wrong. Opposing those same heavy handed tactics by modern day law enforcement would not in any way make a person paranoid. On the contrary, it would make them far more sane than someone willing to simply overlook such activity, particularly if that activity was illegal. And anyone suggesting that illegal or unethical activity by law enforcement should be ignored as long as no one got hurt, is a doormat, and really shouldn't be slinging mental health terms at others.

OH MY GOODNESS! THANK YOU! I really thought I was the only one who got the irony of the date and place of the King George III/General Cornwallis-style RAID on the Boston area last Friday. It was such a perfect juxtaposition between Patriots of yesteryear and Patriots of today. Yesteryear our Patriots fought for their lives to create a set of laws that protected individual liberty, and today's Patriots, if there were any in Watertown that day, would have had to risk their lives to keep men sworn to uphold those same laws from violating their individual freedoms! And the cops and/or cop-fans in this thread can't even see it at all. They cavalierly scoff at the notion even. Unreal.
Eyeroll_Icon_by_FantasyFreak_FanGirl.gif

So many people let April 19 go by year after year without acknowledging the date or place, the people, the Patriot's mindset that should be given the heartfelt reverence from a grateful nation. Instead, a forgetful nation applauded while storm-troopers stole the sanctity of every "free" citizen's home they came in contact with in the name of "security." Any cop or cop-fan who can untangle the pretzel logic that says people are being "protected" by stealing the one and only thing they're born already owning, their rights, then you're a smarter man than me. Either that, or you're just as twisted as that "logic" is.

Anyway, great, GREAT post Rhino. Thanks for it.

Americans are a bunch of raging pansies, a single 19 year old, no military or law enforcement training, unarmed and wounded shuts down a major city, and citizens do their best imitation of surrender monkeys handing over their constitutional rights cause their depends were soaked to capacity.

The past 12 years of fear training by the government has been a raging success. Land of the free and home of the brave, my @ss :mad::mad::mad:

I can't help but ask. Why was the family convinced that they didn't have the freedom to go get their own milk?
IGNORANCE is the answer.
I live in Buffalo. Occasionally we get snow to the point they shut down the city and say no unnecessary travel is allowed. I still go out an do what i consider necessary.

I never saw muzzles pointed at civilians. In fact they lowered their weapons to allow safe exit from the dwelling. They were in PURSUIT. This is not necessarily a new precedent. This precedent has always existed by law for these extenuating circumstances with a culmination of public safety and pursuit designation. So many experts out there on the internet today...who would have a better suggestion on how they would have apprehended this individual? Someone who hours before assassinated a cop in his patrol car, threw explosives at cops, kicked his dying brother out of a hijacked car and subsequently ran him over and dragged his body down the road etc etc.
They weren't in "pursuit". They were on a wild goose chase. The cops didn't find the guy. A neighbor called in that they saw the guy go into the boat and then the cops "found" him. Slippery slope to a loss of liberty (and security). Bloomberg even came out and said it.

What in the heck is happening in my country?
A mayor or police chief making a statement that people are to stay at home and not go anywhere does not carry the force of law with me. Period. I don't look anything like a 19 year old curly headed kid. And contrary to the PC crowd, or the "liberal czaristas", or any political hack, I still believe in the Constitution. They can take their power-pushing and their fear-mongering and stick 'em where the sun don't shine.
I am still a free man, and until a revolution begins or a court says otherwise, I will go to the store if I need something, and I'll go when I want to go. If someone steps up on my porch and orders me out of my house, or points a gun at me without a darned good reason, the revolution will begin. It may not last long, but it will darned sure begin.

I agree. Someone will go to hell before I go to heaven. I AM NOT A SHEEP. Lessons learned from my fellow Jews in Germany under the nazis. "Don't worry, you do not need your firearms" "Come with us, we have a nice camp for you and your family--it will be like a vacation" "You will come or else" Sure sounds very close to what went on in Boston--"you WILL stay in your house" "you WILL NOT go where you want to go"---all done without any legal basis other than the now entitled gestapo of the moment--the Boston police and all the other alphabet agencies (FBI, DHS, ATF)--all under the control of the king fascist himself.

All this talk about how it is "reasonable" to shut down businesses and public transport and to have a police presence that is a very reasonable facsimile of an armed invasion force ....... because "they got their man!!!!"

Horse hockey!!!! What they got was a regular citizen noticed something amiss with his boat and called it in.

Got that? A citizen found the horrible terrorist bomber... not all those cops equipped with what Obama calls... weapons of war that don't belong on our streets.

And then they shot up the boat... A BOAT that has the bullet proof properties of used toilet paper... and only manage to hit the guy twice. Sad....

All that sounds like I'm anti cop... yet because of events in my own life involving officers going above and beyond for me there is no way I'll ever be anti cop. What I am is intelligent enough to see that something is wrong when the police hammer down with a militaristic presence and effectively "occupy" an entire section of town.

So what would you be saying if they had not done what they did and the terrorist was in one of those houses?

So what would you be saying if they had not done what they did and the terrorist was in one of those houses?
"I hope they catch him", the same as I would with anyone else they're looking for without turning part of the country into a police state. You're saying we should suspend the Constitution and surrender our rights because we're searching for a terrorist. The end justifies the means and our rights are negotiable as far as you're concerned. As soon as we accept that concept as legitimate, who decides what is justified tomorrow, and under what circumstances? If you really want to live in a country where rights are so negotiable, I can suggest several of them. You wouldn't be there very long before discovering how good we have it here, and how passionately we need to protect it.

All this talk about how it is "reasonable" to shut down businesses and public transport and to have a police presence that is a very reasonable facsimile of an armed invasion force ....... because "they got their man!!!!"

Horse hockey!!!! What they got was a regular citizen noticed something amiss with his boat and called it in.

Got that? A citizen found the horrible terrorist bomber... not all those cops equipped with what Obama calls... weapons of war that don't belong on our streets.

And then they shot up the boat... A BOAT that has the bullet proof properties of used toilet paper... and only manage to hit the guy twice. Sad....

All that sounds like I'm anti cop... yet because of events in my own life involving officers going above and beyond for me there is no way I'll ever be anti cop. What I am is intelligent enough to see that something is wrong when the police hammer down with a militaristic presence and effectively "occupy" an entire section of town.

I believe that you mean to say that you are "anti douchebag." Don't worry, the cop groupies here apply liberal logic to this issue and will label you with the broad term "cop basher" even though you condemn the unjust acts of a few.

FYI desterteagle, there's a few former LEOs on my friends list here at USA Carry. Not that you care.

I was a police officer a blockade of that big an area, is not HOT pursuit. We arrested many badguys with out stormtrooping into a person house. The police were lifting the lockdown and a home owner called on a tip. no need for the home searchs w/o consent. You can ask but remember this is America, Our son and dauthers and fathers and mothers and we the people died for the rights, If the gov turns into a police state we lose us. We are not the America who died for us.
Shame on the cops in the video who are pointing guns at women and children who are not anywhere near the male suspect id
for this crime. what prob cause did they have for deadly force on a women and children. They did iT look at the video.
NO hot pursuit, wrong search w/o concent, no lawfull order at gun point!!!!!
YES THE BADGUY had BOMBS Well no shix sherlock!! We used to be brave so much so that Americans would take a hit to keep our FREDOM!!! Freedom from search and threat of force to comply the police were not allowed to be nazies.
We had a big war where our best died to KEEP AMERICA FREE. What is FREEDOM to you ( SHUTUP OR I PUT YOU IN JAIL.)
OPEN your door or I WILL SHUT YOU. SWEARING at parents in front of their small kids to pull up your hands or I will kill you. PUT UP YOUR FUCxING HANDS!!! WOW SERVE n PROTECT WHO?????? a cop got some milk for a baby.
DID HE shoot the parents and have no choice, OH no just took them out of their home at gun point, ( depends for everyone!!!!! - cause everyone shix them selfs) You know we are the best in the world at what we want to do.
So we can outdo the german thugs at being scary. we got scarer uniforms w masks and bigger gun and black helicopter.
dogs and we pretend we are not using force, Oh it was a lockdown we did not order you to house arrest and we did not handcuff you if we saw you on the street. We did not order you out of you home at gunpoint. We did not detain you w/o a lawfull reason just cause we want to. it made our job easyer. sorry about thearts and scarying you and detaining you and all that WE GOT OUR MAN.. JUST LIKE THE STORM TROOPERS only we did it better we are THE AMERICAN POLICE FORCE, OOPS the godfathers of our country did not want a national police force, too much power in a small few hands.
they want the power to stay in the hands of the people. ( YES I CAN NOT SPELL OR HAVE VERY GOOD writing skills. BUT I was a US MARINE And a POLICE OFFICER and I am an American. I know our history and am very proud of it no place on earth with the law and rights we have. That we are losing!!!! I see the teacher training our kids to be sheep. ask any kid who was murphy, bastone, what president turned down becoming KING. I pray the next president says Hey we are going to make the laws and consititution stronger, keep the seperartion of power, and never again allow this shix to happen again. THIS IS WHY WE THE PEOPLE HAVE THE 2A

OK so I lost it. Sorry order a beer for me and lets play some darts. WOW i am the last guy to go ape shix. but that video pissed me off. where did they get the balls to point a gun at a mom n her child and yell like that. oops getting mad again. Dang!!! piss poor job guys if a dad had shot one of you pecker woods he would have been in his rights.

So what would 'you' be saying if the terrorist suspect was hiding in someones private property and the citizen homeowner was the one who actually found the suspect without the help of law enforcement??..........
..........~Crickets Chirping~...........

If that homeowner was armed and had a decent set of caJones, he easily could have taken that suspect into custody without getting his valuable boat all shot up by the trigger happy gestapo imvho.

In Boston more citizens were directly terrorized in their homes at gunpoint by jackbooted cops than by the unarmed wounded 19 year old. Looks like the paramilitary training and indoctrination that citizens are the enemy has been successful in law enforcement agencies.

I wonder how many dogs were shot by the storm troopers and illegally entered and searched homes. Even the friendliest dog will defend the home and their pack, i.e. the family. I have two labs that are friendly to a fault, but bark their head off if a stranger comes to the door. Cops seem to love shooting a dog that dare to bark at them.

I wonder how many citizens were threatened to remain silent regarding the abuse and illegal activities of the storm troopers, and how much damage was done in entering homes.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back