Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

• Yes...It was for the good of the people.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

Votes: 92 92.9%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Photoshopped. .
That explains a lot. I've simmered-down a bit, now. That armored carrier shot enraged me beyond no end. No paranoia here, just a gut reaction to defend myself.

If anyone disbelieves that the Federal government is not militarizing police forces with overwhelming SWAT equipment and training, just do a google search on the militarization of police departments. Also do a search on police raids on businesses. There was one here in Arkansas on a bottled water company, that was over the top, as many are. This raid was conducted by agents flown-in from all over. I believe it was an IRS SWAT operation, if memory serves. Watch the recreation, in the video, which also includes comments from Gibson Guitar company, which not raided once, but twice...no charges filed:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/the-growing-militarization-of-u-s-police/

I would have no problem if these SWAT teams completely dismantled gangs/drug activity in the metropolitan cities of the U.S., but increasingly, they are using massive show of force during raids on businesses, wasting taxpayers money, and advancing the notion that we are rapidly headed toward a police state in this country.

Many of these units are taking gang violence full-on, which is commended, but many units are violating citizens rights on every level, when they swarm benign businesses.

That tail beating isn't much of a deterrent is it? :no:

Mine is the same way. :happy:

Actually, the tails on my pits have done more damage to life & property around here than anything else. (It's amazing how painful a wagging tail can be and how much property damage they can cause!) :biggrin:

-

You watch what went on in Boston and its environs and maybe can excuse it because of the chaos of a terrorist attack at the Marathon. The scary thing is, as Rahm Emanuel would say as our fearless leader decides "not to let a crisis go to waste", and then proceeds to use the government resources to "produce" a crisis, and use it as an excuse to essentially suspend the Constitution--in essence takeover the USA----Germany 1930 repeats itself. Can't happen? Ridiculous? Just look at what he has done already and understand what this government has already turned into.

I can't help but ask. Why was the family convinced that they didn't have the freedom to go get their own milk?

They were obviously ordered to shelter within. Commanded to stay inside, in other words. Why risk being slammed to the ground, cuffed by boots, and arrested, to go get some milk?

I'm retired LEO and my answer is "NO" to a search of my home, vehicle or person. Obtain a warrant if you can provide enough information to get a judge to sign it.

They were obviously ordered to shelter within. Commanded to stay inside, in other words. Why risk being slammed to the ground, cuffed by boots, and arrested, to go get some milk?

What in the heck is happening in my country?
A mayor or police chief making a statement that people are to stay at home and not go anywhere does not carry the force of law with me. Period. I don't look anything like a 19 year old curly headed kid. And contrary to the PC crowd, or the "liberal czaristas", or any political hack, I still believe in the Constitution. They can take their power-pushing and their fear-mongering and stick 'em where the sun don't shine.
I am still a free man, and until a revolution begins or a court says otherwise, I will go to the store if I need something, and I'll go when I want to go. If someone steps up on my porch and orders me out of my house, or points a gun at me without a darned good reason, the revolution will begin. It may not last long, but it will darned sure begin.

Damn. Release the terrorist. We need a do over huh?

Lets not forget that this whole thing DID NOT WORK! The cops did not find him because of the lockdown but rather in spite of it. As the kid was hiding outside the locked down area. It wasn't until the boat owner heard on the news that the lockdown was lifted and it was okay to go outside, that he went out and found the kid, called the cops and told them where to pick him up... The lockdown in fact hampered the capture of this suspect to go along with violating the rights of thousands of people.

And you're right, that guy in the picture definitely is aiming his rifle at the guy with the camera, that is not good, not good at all.

I see paranoia in many contributors to this thread and LEOs performing a difficult, dangerous and unnecessary task well. No one was hurt other than possibly their feelings that they had to put their hands up.
fixed your post and please not that the way the bad guy was found was when the questionable martial law like atmosphere was abandoned and people were free to go about their business unimpeded by storm trooper like cops and army personnel on their streets and on their property

This man was assassinated. Why would you or Charlie even try to bring up this up after he has been killed...violently? What's your point other than trying to be a tool?

PS. Armed security with arrest powers....cop...police force. Mayyyybe why he was named as a MIT Police Officer? You're an idiot. Your facts continue to suck.
why? because the gestapo like police tried to use the death of one of their own as a pretext for their illegal possibly actions. or are you one of the sheeple who are so glad that the government protected you from evil?

I see paranoia in many contributors to this thread and LEOs performing a difficult, dangerous task well. No one was hurt other than possibly their feelings that they had to put their hands up.

so it seems that you're ok with the deterioration of our rights, constitution smonstitution, who cares?

I see paranoia in many contributors to this thread and LEOs performing a difficult, dangerous task well. No one was hurt other than possibly their feelings that they had to put their hands up.
It was a difficult task to set out from Boston in search of illegal weaponry and the conditions weren't always favorable. The situation was complicated by the fact that those searching didn't know the extent of the weaponry that they might find or that might even be used against them. They also couldn't be sure if others besides those already identified were the only threat to consider. Theoretically, the occupant of any house could be a potential opponent. And once initial contact had been made, they had no way of knowing if the two days of gun battles really were the end of it all. In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure they didn't see it as the end at all. So I'm sure I can see how they felt that performing a difficult, dangerous task well where no one was hurt, other than possibly their feelings hurt, could be seen as a good thing, and an honorable thing to boot. I can also see how many viewing things in the heat of the moment or in the initial days after might consider criticisms of their conduct to be somewhat paranoid. But history has shown that not to be the case at all. You see, the two day search out of Boston I'm referring to happened 238 years ago, almost to the day. The people searching for illegal weapons were British soldiers out of Boston. One of the people spreading the word was Paul Revere. You may have heard of him. Those soldiers were just as convinced of the legality and righteousness of their searches then as you are of the searches last week. But does being convinced of it make it right? Does being convinced make it legal? Ethical? Moral? No, not really. Certainly not necessarily. It didn't then and it doesn't now.
The colonists weren't paranoid because they thought the heavy handed tactics of the British were wrong. Opposing those same heavy handed tactics by modern day law enforcement would not in any way make a person paranoid. On the contrary, it would make them far more sane than someone willing to simply overlook such activity, particularly if that activity was illegal. And anyone suggesting that illegal or unethical activity by law enforcement should be ignored as long as no one got hurt, is a doormat, and really shouldn't be slinging mental health terms at others.

Some will say it was not technically martial law...BUT they ordered all law-abiding citizens to remain indoors. You can point at a car and try to tell me that it's not a car, but it's not going to fool me.

There was a better answer. Call out the militia! You do that a few times, terrorists will cease to attack us.

Won't be long before gun toting agencies here at home outnumber the Military... or do they already?

Nay!

And WE will always outnumber them, which is why they are testing us. This is like the recon phase before an assault. They already know the west coast is ripe for the taking, with Seattle under DHS control (DHS marked police cars respond to domestic disturbances) but they need to test the rest of us. Boston demonstrated that the east coast is remarkably complacent, which is sad because Boston historically has contributed many volunteers during times of war.

They need to take our guns to tilt the odds in their favor. As it is, they don't stand a chance.

Paranoia is not complaining that citizens Rights were suspended to find one person.

Paranoia is ACCEPTING that citizens Rights should be suspended to find one person.

It was a difficult task to set out from Boston in search of illegal weaponry and the conditions weren't always favorable. The situation was complicated by the fact that those searching didn't know the extent of the weaponry that they might find or that might even be used against them. They also couldn't be sure if others besides those already identified were the only threat to consider. Theoretically, the occupant of any house could be a potential opponent. And once initial contact had been made, they had no way of knowing if the two days of gun battles really were the end of it all. In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure they didn't see it as the end at all. So I'm sure I can see how they felt that performing a difficult, dangerous task well where no one was hurt, other than possibly their feelings hurt, could be seen as a good thing, and an honorable thing to boot. I can also see how many viewing things in the heat of the moment or in the initial days after might consider criticisms of their conduct to be somewhat paranoid. But history has shown that not to be the case at all. You see, the two day search out of Boston I'm referring to happened 238 years ago, almost to the day. The people searching for illegal weapons were British soldiers out of Boston. One of the people spreading the word was Paul Revere. You may have heard of him. Those soldiers were just as convinced of the legality and righteousness of their searches then as you are of the searches last week. But does being convinced of it make it right? Does being convinced make it legal? Ethical? Moral? No, not really. Certainly not necessarily. It didn't then and it doesn't now.
The colonists weren't paranoid because they thought the heavy handed tactics of the British were wrong. Opposing those same heavy handed tactics by modern day law enforcement would not in any way make a person paranoid. On the contrary, it would make them far more sane than someone willing to simply overlook such activity, particularly if that activity was illegal. And anyone suggesting that illegal or unethical activity by law enforcement should be ignored as long as no one got hurt, is a doormat, and really shouldn't be slinging mental health terms at others.

You are correct sir!

KNOCK KNOCK!!
We have surrounded your house and will now forcefully enter your private property without your permission!
NOW GET OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!
NO SUDDEN MOVES OR WE WILL SHOOT YOU!
KEEP YOUR F'NG HANDS UP!
We will now search you, your wife and the rest of your loved ones without justification!
Now we will search your entire house without your permission, step aside peasant!
Check upstairs!
OORAH!
MOVE MOVE MOVE!!! :moil::nhl_checking::ph34r::butcher::triniti::dirol:

.......ALL CLEAR!......

All Clear!?
Yes, All Clear!

Good job men!

Uhh... We hope that all of our firearms didn't scare your kids too much....here's some milk....all better now?

Ummmmm...yes? :unsure: :fie: :blink::bad:

Hey bro, did you check out their sweet looking daughter? :dirol:
Yeah bro, she's a real hotty. :triniti: :flirt:

^^This is pretty much what was happening in Boston^^
And no, I'm not really exaggerating things....

If you as an American Citizen don't see any problem with this type of behaviour from OUR Law ENFORCEMENT officers, then you are pretty confused about what our God given Constitutional Rights truly stand for imvho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back