Martial Law in Boston Justified? Yay or Nay?

Was Martial Law Justifed In Boston?

• Yes...It was for the good of the people.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • No...It was a violation of the people's rights.

Votes: 92 92.9%
  • Undecided...My brain hurts.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • What does 'Martial Law' mean???

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Good poll....hard to quantify an answer that justifies the question. There is a definite difference between martial law and police action for public safety. I don't believe that Boston and surrounding communities declared 'martial law', but there certainly was a preponderance of visuals and police action that can be construed as such.
it it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is fairly safe to call it a duck. people being ordered to remain indoors, businesses being ordered not to open, public transport shut down, militarized law enforcement invading areas were all part of the day's events. call it what you want, I'll call it martial law.

Damn. Release the terrorist. We need a do over huh?

Maybe you should think before you type. You saw the whole thing on TV so it must have been legal, moral, OK and super nifty...right?
Don't sprain your arm patting the brown shirts on the back over an unconstitutional act!
Do a little search and view the posted videos of the people who were there. Then maybe you can come back and talk about it.
Till then.....

Damn. Release the terrorist. We need a do over huh?

Maybe you should think before you type. You saw the whole thing on TV so it must have been legal, moral, OK and super nifty...right?
Don't sprain your arm patting the brown shirts on the back over an unconstitutional act!
Do a little search and view the posted videos of the people who were there. Then maybe you can come back and talk about it.
Till then.....

What's the alternative? Think about that. I need to know how you think it should have gone differently. Suggest something intelligent with due regard to public safety and I might be able to take you seriously.

What's the alternative? Think about that. I need to know how you think it should have gone differently. Suggest something intelligent with due regard to public safety and I might be able to take you seriously.

I hope your kidding! Do you really think they needed, what, 9,000 cops and military personnel, BlackHawk helicopters, MRAPS and Humvees to hunt down a 19 year old kid?
Did they need to shut down public transportation, the air space, business, schools, restrict residential movement, forcible (and unwarranted) house searches?
The people who lived in Waterbury ain't all singing the praises of the operation.
How about they try to apprehend this turd without shutting down the Constitution to do it! Jesus Christ man... What happened to running down a lead. Putting out a BOLO and maybe a few check points! They didn't have to call out the National Guard to catch a kid did they? They didn't remotely need to go as far as they did.
You make it sound as though it was a perfect day in the park! Sunny,warm and fuzzy.
I'm 50 and I have never witnessed that kind of response since Waco or Ruby Ridge!
You seem to think that the response was "normal" under the situation. I think it was beyond reasonable to the extreme!
I'm surprised they didn't just use a couple of HellFire missiles from a drone and call it a day! Think the residents of Waterbury would call THAT action justified? I mean come on, that was the only option they left out!
Your either a cop or a kid to think what happened was OK.... Sad day it was, indeed...

What I'm wondering is, if anyone didn't give their consent for the police to search, and if so, what the police response was. Also, what about for those who weren't at home?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I hope your kidding! Do you really think they needed, what, 9,000 cops and military personnel, BlackHawk helicopters, MRAPS and Humvees to hunt down a 19 year old kid?
Did they need to shut down public transportation, the air space, business, schools, restrict residential movement, forcible (and unwarranted) house searches?
The people who lived in Waterbury ain't all singing the praises of the operation.
How about they try to apprehend this turd without shutting down the Constitution to do it! Jesus Christ man... What happened to running down a lead. Putting out a BOLO and maybe a few check points! They didn't have to call out the National Guard to catch a kid did they? They didn't remotely need to go as far as they did.
You make it sound as though it was a perfect day in the park! Sunny,warm and fuzzy.
I'm 50 and I have never witnessed that kind of response since Waco or Ruby Ridge!
You seem to think that the response was "normal" under the situation. I think it was beyond reasonable to the extreme!
I'm surprised they didn't just use a couple of HellFire missiles from a drone and call it a day! Think the residents of Waterbury would call THAT action justified? I mean come on, that was the only option they left out!
Your either a cop or a kid to think what happened was OK.... Sad day it was, indeed...

I couldn't have imagined your response to be as such...and ignorant. And no...I'm not a kid....and maybe you shouldn't dissolve yourself into all these internet ramblings, rumors and conspiracies and learn why operations are carried out like this one. You might learn something on how to keep people safe and to save countless lives. There is no such thing as assigning enough cops...hundred or thousands of cops to secure a terrorist that lit up over a hundred people while killing 3 and murdering a cop and subsequently got into a shoot out with cops and threw bombs at them and then fled. Its all hands on deck babe. Because you'll still be pissed at the government if he was able to kill more innocent lives...hundreds or thousands while on the run. There would be conspiracies about why the govt wasn't putting all resources towards this etc and you would demand why. Well they did...and they got their man alive.

I couldn't have imagined your response to be as such...and ignorant. And no...I'm not a kid....

You must be a cop then.

I guess you think what happened was OK. I do not approve of the measures taken and I think a lot of others here agree with me (or not) but I think you must living in a whole different world from me if your OK with the excessive display of force.

I guess we will have to "agree to disagree" on this topic.

I couldn't have imagined your response to be as such...and ignorant. And no...I'm not a kid....and maybe you shouldn't dissolve yourself into all these internet ramblings, rumors and conspiracies and learn why operations are carried out like this one. You might learn something on how to keep people safe and to save countless lives.

I see you amended you original post!

I am well aware of how the operation in question was handled (it was on TV right?)

MY concern is and will be the fact that during this "police action", playing out on National TV, the rights of dozens of families were being violated.

Why don't you explain then why (how) operations like this one are executed?
Tell me (and the others here) how a plan like this happens.
When you draft an operation like this, do you have a contingency in place that includes how you will handle the violation of Constitutional Rights?

You give the appearance of someone "on the inside" so please enlighten me as to how you go about pursuit and apprehension while maintaining the rights of all involved.
Your a military man, you must have an idea about how to plan and execute an operation like in Waterbury.
I'm all ears as to how you think it was constitutional to do what was done...
It had to have been done for the "greater good", right?

Conspiracies? I was not discussing any conspiracies. I was talking about violations of the Constitution. I was talking about the MASSIVE force used to apprehend a 19 year old kid. Don't forget, this was all live on TV so how can those facts be interpreted to be part of a conspiracy?

I would never have thought that the "greater good" could supersede our Constitutional Rights. How does that work?

I couldn't have imagined your response to be as such...and ignorant. And no...I'm not a kid....and maybe you shouldn't dissolve yourself into all these internet ramblings, rumors and conspiracies and learn why operations are carried out like this one. You might learn something on how to keep people safe and to save countless lives. There is no such thing as assigning enough cops...hundred or thousands of cops to secure a terrorist that lit up over a hundred people while killing 3 and murdering a cop and subsequently got into a shoot out with cops and threw bombs at them and then fled. Its all hands on deck babe. Because you'll still be pissed at the government if he was able to kill more innocent lives...hundreds or thousands while on the run. There would be conspiracies about why the govt wasn't putting all resources towards this etc and you would demand why. Well they did...and they got their man alive.

Holy crap! Boy did you ever amend your post with this one!

By the way, the "cop" at MIT was actually a security guard (who hoped one day to BE a cop).

So I guess, in the future, anytime a law enforcement officer is killed in the line of duty, we should expect 9,000 + cops, MRAPS, Humvees, BlackHawk copters AND the National Guard to show up?

Spooky stuff! If that little turd had been on the lamb in my state, he would have been shot down before they put out the first BOLO!
But.... Being Massachusetts, I guess they handle things a bit differently ...

Holy crap! Boy did you ever amend your post with this one!

By the way, the "cop" at MIT was actually a security guard (who hoped one day to BE a cop).

Wtf is that supposed to mean??? His death didn't mean as much?? You're a ******* tool bag.

ps He was a certified LEO. Your facts suck.

Anytime MY, let me say this again"MY" Rights are suspended for the greater cause of the public means that the Gov't at their whim can do what they want, when they want and totally suspend the Constitution when they choose. And no one is worried about this?

Anytime MY, let me say this again"MY" Rights are suspended for the greater cause of the public means that the Gov't at their whim can do what they want, when they want and totally suspend the Constitution when they choose. And no one is worried about this?

I most definitely am concerned! That is the whole point of my posts.
Dad45acp(?) doesn't seem to think it was that big of a deal though!
He thinks it was all for the greater good of public safety.
I take care of my own safety. I don't need the Army to do it for me.

I most definitely am concerned! That is the whole point of my posts.
Dad45acp(?) doesn't seem to think it was that big of a deal though!
He thinks it was all for the greater good of public safety.
I take care of my own safety. I don't need the Army to do it for me.

My personal safety, comfort and lively hood is wrought by my hand. You either ARE protected by the Constitution or not. Those that allow their Rights to be suspended will eventually become used to it. I refuse to succumb to complacency and comfort from those that want to control us.
Stand TALL or kneel.

There is far to much unknown to start arguing. There's a lot to this that needs to come to light. I don't recall martial law being declared. Therefore the only home/property searches would need to be done with the owner's consent. Which I wouldn't have given. I wonder how many were ordered out at gun point ?

There is far to much unknown to start arguing. There's a lot to this that needs to come to light. I don't recall martial law being declared. Therefore the only home/property searches would need to be done with the owner's consent. Which I wouldn't have given. I wonder how many were ordered out at gun point ?

It's on you tube if you want to see it. People were ordered out of their homes at gun point. They were not allowed to stop to get shoes or purses or other personal items.
There are videos of people who were upset that wanted to make sure the "police" didn't steal things (hey, it's on video. I didn't make that up).
Check them out!

There you go putting safety over our rights! If the police can't work within the framework of the constitution then they should resign. How does the saying go: Those that give up freedom for safety deserve neither.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back