Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies

Not banned in Lowcountry of SC either........

There has never been a problem with open or concealed carry in our local LOWES, but this only applies to customers. Employees are not allowed to have a firearm on the premises, either carrying or in vehicles. This is a terminable offense.

Have never seen a sign in Lexington, neither have I been asked to leave....I cc of course been many times with a friend, who oc and we never had any issues.

S but concealed is CONCEALED.
You betcha! Not giving advise here but,
A.) I have a CCW License
When I am carrying,(which is 99% of the time)
I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG!!!
If you are licensed or if it is legal in your state to carry,
YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG EITHER!!!

My God, Why do CCW'ers think they have less rights.

I don't care what some other person thinks. I don't let anyone know I am CCW and that is why it is called CCW.

I am in no hurry to use my firearm in any situation and hope I never have to.

Lets get over the stigma that the Elite Special Interest Groups are creating.
If anything THEY ARE THE ONES who should be ashamed of themselves.

Lowes Home Improvement Stores and their anti gun policies​

After calling Lowes corporate call center, to find out once and for all just what Lowes Firearm policy was, I found the dark truth of the matter. While claiming to be “neutral” on one hand, on the other they are anti second amendment. They state their official corporate policy is to follow local and federal laws when it come to carrying firearms both open and concealed. But yet allow local stores to disregard corporate policy and ask customers to leave the store for carrying a firearm. I find it hard to believe that they allow such discrimination to take place in their stores when they claim they have no problem with it.
Customers who are following their own corporate policy and as such following local and federal laws are treated like second class citizens. For the mere fact they should have the balls to exercise their constitutional rights in their stores that are staffed with anti gun and anti self preservation nut jobs! In the twenty first century discrimination is no longer about race, nationality, sexual orientation people are now discriminated against based upon one choosing to exercise their rights.
All accounts of people being asked to leave the store for legally exercising their second amendment right have one thing in common. When asking the manager to show them the policy stating the Lowes firearm policy, none of them can find it. When I asked for a copy of the policy myself from corporate I was told “we do not give out that information” I informed them I would be filing a suit to attain a copy of this mysterious policy I was told “go for it.”
I find it unreal that a customer would be faced with such a problem of being told “Yes” and then told “No leave now.” But that is just the case awaiting for any customer who called Lowes customer care line they will be told “Yes” you may carry in our stores. Only to be told “No” and told to leave the store and not to come back with the firearm. I would encourage all to boycott Lowes and spread the word to all about their twisted practices when it comes to your rights.

You say that Lowe's policy is to follow state and federal laws concerning the carry of firearms on their property. Instead of complaining about it on an internet forum, why don't you just contact their corporate office and inform them of management violating their corporate policy? I've had a manager at Walmart ask me to leave the store once....only once. A quick call to corporate while sitting in the parking lot, and 15 minutes later, I received an apology from the manager.

Re: Complaints to companies

I agree- all of us need to get together to create petitions to send to these companies- not just Lowes, but ALL companies that keep trying to thwart us. We should try to encourage ALL gun owners to sign these petitions. If a company gets a statement signed by 5,000 (or better 10,000 or better yet 100,000) people, that will get their attention for sure.
I agree!
I think that Lowe's wants people to obey state, county, and city laws to cover their own butts- because of liability. The guy at my local Home Depot is a shooter, as is the manager. We all had a friendly chat and they seemed to think that this was the case (no pun). I think that their wording needs a lot of help. I also think that many individual managers who are anti-gun (however not all of them are AG)decided their own policies and corporate just went along with it.
There were a bunch of armed robberies of Home Depot stores here, and they had to put armed Police officers in the stores as a deterrent. My friend and the manager both told me to keep shopping there, because I was cheaper than security guards. They told me that at least they knew me and knew that they could depend on me. LOL
We all concurred that many store owners would say the same thing if they really got to know you all, and liked having someone they knew they could depend on (and didn't require a paycheck) in the store. Almost all companies bar employees from having guns mainly for liability reasons (to get liability insurance coverage), but also for fear of disgruntled employees.
Now, they robbers have targeted Subway sandwich shops...What the hell is that about???
Once again, get to know these managers. Be as polite as possible and you might be surprised about what they say.

What case, and where, did that occur? Man, I can't believe I missed that. And that is contradictory to the McDonald ruling.

Oh, and I've never had a problem open carrying in Lowe's. The only problem I ever had was finding what the hell I needed, and god forbid you have to ask an employee anything, because f*ck if they know. This is why I go to Home Depot.

Oh ****. I just walked into a Lowe's a few weeks ago carrying. Chalk that up as two anti places I violated thoughtlessly. Oops.

I have carried here in NC Lowes and have even had conversations with the managers but I carry concealed. I will try open carry tomorrow when I go pick up my grill parts and let you know if I get any looks.

Oh, and I've never had a problem open carrying in Lowe's. The only problem I ever had was finding what the hell I needed, and god forbid you have to ask an employee anything, because f*ck if they know. This is why I go to Home Depot.

LOL!! I know what you mean. It's hard to even find one that will acknowledge your presence, much less help you. Next time you are in there, try to look them in the eyes while you are trying to find something. I bet they turn and walk the other way> LOL!

Just carry concealed and keep your mouth shut or don't shop there, simple as that. I will never let someone I'm paying my hard-earned money tell me what to do. I'll either shop there and keep quiet or go somewhere else.

What case, and where, did that occur? Man, I can't believe I missed that. And that is contradictory to the McDonald ruling.

Was happening around the Denver area a few months back. No, it does NOT violate the McDonald ruling (I thought it did, too, until I read it again). Here's the situation:
Armed robbers were robbing Home Depot stores and shot (single person or multiple??). DPD posted guards at several stores. Now they recently had a guy robbing over 2 dozen Subway sandwich shops. They got 2 suspects that fled to CA somewhere...
Link Removed
Link Removed
I became friends with 2 of the cops at HD. They both hinted that Denver wasn't the only city that they had hit...
Subway robberies:
Subway Robberies « CBS Denver
Aurora Police Raise Reward For Capture Of ’32 Bandit’ « CBS Denver
Restaurant Employees Say Same Man Robbed Their Store Twice « CBS Denver

I am a regular customer at the local Lowe's store and I carry 24/7. I have never had any problems but then again no one knows I carry. If the management were to ask me to leave, I would gladly do so because I spend $20,000.00 to $50,000.00 a year there. So, it would be their loss, not mine.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back