Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Wow thanks NDS. I needed a good laugh. :laugh:

In some cases the only tactical advantage you may have is that the BG DOES NOT KNOW you are armed. Can't see giving that away by posting a decal saying Be Prepared. As far as break-in goes, the BG may just decide that he needs help with this break-in since there is likely to be multiple guns as a nice big juicy prize! I would rather one BG break in and end up being unable to get the safe open or out of the house than have him/her enter with multiple bodies to help break it or move it out!

If I am in the home when a break-in occurs, I will need all the element of suprise I can have. Looking down a barrel tends to throw well laid plans into chaos quickly :)

myprop.gif

I found this "Licensed to Carry" armed decal at at Armed Decal.Com. By the way, I have to note that it is a registered trademark so please do not copy it and... do the right thing. I have no affliation with this organization but I did purchase mine.

I guess this is supposed to be the recognized decal, created by law enforcement, for law enforcement officers to easily recognize. I was wondering if any body has seen these around and if there are states that prohibit them.

LTCARMED.jpg

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.
1.Advertise that you are armed and take away and advantage you might have in surprise.
2.Welcome thieves to break into your vehicle to look for guns.
3.Alert LEO if you happen to be in a gun-free zone, unbeknownst to you.
4.Give Liberals a reason to vandalize your vehicle.
5.Make gun owners look like a$$holes if you do something dumb in traffic.
I won't display any political messages on my vehicles for all of the above reasons. But I vote and that's what counts.

Older thread, But still warrants my 2 cents (or perhaps not):sarcastic:
:shout::shout:
I HAVE A GUN IN MY VEHICLE!!!!
:shout::shout:

Yea... Uh, No... I take the Elmer Fudd approach to firearms: Be Vewy Vewy quiet...

If I am in the home when a break-in occurs, I will need all the element of suprise I can have. Looking down a barrel tends to throw well laid plans into chaos quickly :)

The pretty bright red dot making small circles in the middle of their chest ought to cause rectal failure:sarcastic:

SURPRISE!!! BANG BANG!!:hang3:

I can't believe it's been so long, and I haven't thought of this sooner. The decal states "Licensed to carry". What if you're in a state where they issue a "permit" rather than a license? :laugh: :lol:

Needless to say, I stand by my earlier statements and recommend this product only for the most serious of "Mall Ninja". :sarcastic:

gf

"yaah officer, this guy must be nuts! He tried to run me off the road and at one point I am pretty sure he pointed a gun at me just before I cut across 2 lanes to get to the exit. I don't remember the color of the car but he had a sticker with a big A in a circle on his car!"

"yaah officer, this guy must be nuts! He tried to run me off the road and at one point I am pretty sure he pointed a gun at me just before I cut across 2 lanes to get to the exit. I don't remember the color of the car but he had a sticker with a big A in a circle on his car!"

Yea... That would be the gist of it... Post made me laugh... Thanks..

I think this horse has been beaten enough..

Peace

+1
In Ohio they know once they run your plate in computer. So when I inform them upon their coming to my window i'm just fufilling the letter of the law.

Attention BG's...their might be a gun in the car.

I could also see someone being spiteful with you and seeing that sticker they could call the police and lie saying " I think I saw them with a gun." It's a long shot, but there are peace loving sheep that would love to force us to give up are guns and be thrown in jail because we are just one step above the criminals." NO ONE SHOULD BE ARMED...except the police...and even then not all of them....just the one I call toe come to my house."
Kinda like the PETA memebers that will tar and feather your suv.

I'm probably way out in left field on this one...or is it right field....i'm confused.
rmarcustrucker, very well put. I had just such an incident happen to me when my ex-wife and I had an argument and were seperating. She was looking to get me removed from our house immediately, instead of me having time to find a place to live, or being able to remain in my home and her having to move out. She learned I kept a gun at my father's house( A medic with SWAT and a CCP whose life was saved by being concealed/armed 5 years ago), to go and learn to shoot with him. Since we were seperating, and the fight started the day I bought the gun the last thing I wanted to say was "I have a gun" which she would have used to have me arrested for making threats I am sure. She used this to file a charge against me with the police, lying about the gun and claiming I was a danger to her. So advertising can be a very bad idea, it wreaked hell on my life, despite my having broken no laws at all.

People can use a firearm against you not only physically, but as a great singer once said "Those who wish to hurt you, work within the law." Being discreet is from all angles it seems to me, most always the best choice.

Might as well put an decal saying you are a diamond merchant. Just makes your car a target for thieves.

Having any sticker is like a band writing their name on the side of the van. Might as well paint "steal this van" on the side.
Andy

Having any sticker is like a band writing their name on the side of the van. Might as well paint "steal this van" on the side.
Andy

I don't have any stickers on my truck or in the windows. I don't even have the trucks brand name on the truck.

Just asking for trouble.

Bought a Smith and Wesson not too long ago and it came with a Protected by Smith and Wesson window decal. I pitched it right away. Don't want anyone to know I'm armed. It was a cool decal though.:sarcastic:

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

Bought a Smith and Wesson not too long ago and it came with a Protected by Smith and Wesson window decal. I pitched it right away. Don't want anyone to know I'm armed. It was a cool decal though.:sarcastic:

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

Those decals go very nicely in my scrap book next to the photo of me holding my new gun. :biggrin:

gf

While I generally agree

that one shouldn't really advertise, I couldn't help but put this on my entries...
BRS-3D20-20Castle20Law20Decal.jpg

I see this as more of a warning than an advertisement. The guns I keep at home are in a safe that would have to be unbolted from a crawlspace under the house and I don't walk out my door without a firearm on me, so I consider them secure. If someone's in my house waiting for me to get home, at least I'm coming home heavy.

As far as decals go, I still have my FL Terrorist Hunting Permit on my van.
I live in NC which allows both OC & CC (with a permit for CC).
I also have an American Pit Bull Terrier who barely barks, if she hears something unusual, she'll let out a low growl and maybe a short deep bark. I don't like barking dogs.
CC means just that.
Ingogneto can be a hell of an advantage when it comes down to them or you.

Just my .5 cents cuz I'm too broke to spend the other 1.5.:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back