Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

lol I like that idea... if you don't have a real dog that is.

Hey, I like this idea even if you DO have a dog. Mine is a 21 pound Scottish Terrier who has a ferocious bark but not such big teeth. Thinking about it though, a couple of BIG bowls out on the front porch strike me as a good idea to give pause to someone casually "marking" homes for future consideration.

Ed

Last edited:
The only spot I would be comfortable with placing it on would be my gun locker or maybe just as a minor decoration for my shop wall. I intend to pick up some of the 9MM, .40, .22 and .32 decals for my ammo cases. Even on my gun locker it would mostly be to add a bit of color to an otherwise ominous large black box (mine looks like a small coffin) that fits well in the van.

Here's One 4 U.

So U narc out 'Guido' :butcher: who is a local bulk hard drug dealer for the mob, you actually stand up in court and point your finger at the mob-boss and say: "Yes your honor, he is the man who sold my son the heroin that killed him!" Guido goes down for 30-life! Now to help the law protect you (24/7) they place you into the witness protection program, change your name to John Smith, new SSN, and I.D.'s, move you to another state, but very few local cops know the mob wants to plant your body next to Jimmy Hoffa's, so to ensure you will receive prompt help from 911, part of the deal goes that @ your place of work & residence and on your car U must display the sticker: "John Smith is under the Federal Witness Protection Program. Call 911 if you see anything suspicious!" Hey.... that warning to mob BG's may save your life one day or you could wake up looking at a horse's head next to you in the bed, or worse. Decals are so cool!

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
I have a nice flag and an NRA decal on the back window of my Avalanche. When I've encountered LEOs - say for a traffic stop etc., my policy is to (A) lower all the windows so the officer can easily see inside; (B) have my hands on the steering wheel at 10 and 2 o'clock; (C) Politely use 'yes sir' or 'yes ma'am' as approprirate; and (D) I inform the officer that I am a firearms instructor and CCW permit holder and then politely ask if I can reach for my license, registration, insurance and CCW permit.

I never ever refer to my sidearm as a g....gg...g....gg....gg...g...g...g..GUN. Instead I use their own terminology - Sidearm. My polte and professional demeanor and my certified Good Guy status usually gets me out of a ticket and we end up having a nice conversation comparing notes about g..g..gg..gg...g..g....g...g..gg..g...."Sidearms".

I would never adveritse that I am armed. In Florida if you have a resident permit, the LEO will ask if your armed the minute the walk up to the car.
I believe the don't ask don't tell, if asked tell all!!!

I saw a badge at the cop store the other day while holster shopping that said "Concealed Weapons Permit". It looked just like a police badge.

I saw a badge at the cop store the other day while holster shopping that said "Concealed Weapons Permit". It looked just like a police badge.

I put that type of item into the "mall ninja" gear category. Be careful if you decide to purchase one. In many jurisdictions simple possession of such an item can be considered a crime.

gf

I put that type of item into the "mall ninja" gear category. Be careful if you decide to purchase one. In many jurisdictions simple possession of such an item can be considered a crime.

gf

Why in the world would anyone wear one? The wife and I got a good laugh over it.

I wouldn't use it. It makes you a target and draws attention, and gives a warning, so you lose the element of surprise.

I do however have stickers which I had printed and they are on the cellar windows and doors of my home.

"Unauthorized entry may result in personal injury or death." Which could mean anything. But I suspect I'd think twice about breaking in.

Not only will it let law enforcement think you have a gun,it will let the bad guys think you are armed,giving them the advantage
to have their guns ready first(giving them the drop on you first).
Also breaking in to your car,looking for guns.

'Rights' do not require License. Rights can only be denied. Not only is this 'sticker' a bad idea... it reenforces the perception that Bearing Arms requires government permission.

Why would anyone want to announce that they are carrying? During WWII the Nazi's made the Jew's wear labels on their garments (Star of David) so they could be easily recognized by the SS and the Nazi party people for harassment or extermination. Besides, if you are pulled over, the LEO runs your plate and it comes up anyway. Don't paint a target on yourself.

Why would anyone want to announce that they are carrying? During WWII the Nazi's made the Jew's wear labels on their garments (Star of David) so they could be easily recognized by the SS and the Nazi party people for harassment or extermination. Besides, if you are pulled over, the LEO runs your plate and it comes up anyway. Don't paint a target on yourself.
Did you check the date(s) of the posts on this thread?
holy_necroposting_batman.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back