Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Sorry but don't like it and wouldn't use it because I wish to remain completely and anonymously concealed at all times not drawing attention in any way of carrying or having immediate access to my weapons.

I don't think so.....

Putting this sticker on your vehicle would be like carrying openly. Stupid. What is the point of carrying concealed if you announce to the entire population that you are packing? If I was a criminal planning to rob some joint, I would love to know who was carrying. You would be my frist hostage or dead!

Think this rates right up there with a CCW badge. No offense intended but IMO for me both are public Mall Ninja statements saying look at me I'm a tough guy with a gun. tactically as stated it lets the BG know you have guns available to steal and targets you as the first one to shoot. The later stated fully aware that it contradicts my opinion of open carry which I do not oppose

Last edited:
I've carried a few different badges in my time but they came with the job. When I got my CWP it didn't come with a badge so I won't carry one. As far as stickers go how many LEOs do you know have a "I"M A COP" bumper sticker on their vehicle? I wonder how long they would last....

Think this rates right up there with a CCW badge. No offense intended but IMO for me both are public Mall Ninja statements saying look at me I'm a tough guy with a gun. tactically as stated it lets the BG know you have guns available to steal and targets you as the first one to shoot. The later stated fully aware that it contradicts my opinion of open carry which I do not oppose

I noticed that this is your first post on this site. Let me be the first to welcome you to USA Carry!

I've carried a few different badges in my time but they came with the job. When I got my CWP it didn't come with a badge so I won't carry one. As far as stickers go how many LEOs do you know have a "I"M A COP" bumper sticker on their vehicle? I wonder how long they would last....
There are those black stickers/tags with the blue line through them. Pretty much everyone knows that means LE, but it doesn't seem like a good idea to me to advertise.

There are those black stickers/tags with the blue line through them. Pretty much everyone knows that means LE, but it doesn't seem like a good idea to me to advertise.

Really??? I don't think I have ever seen one of those. I am actually at the Tacoma Crimminal Justice Center Academy at this moment... becoming a State Custody/Corrections Officer.

It must be a local thing. I've never seen or heard about them either.

There's a variety of products produced by this organization: Link Removed I've seen decals about 1" x 3", and a lapel pin that's approx. 1/4" x 1".

I'd classify this as "mall ninja" gear for the LEO. It's more for the spouses than for the actual LEO. This would be used in the hopes that some "courtesy" is extended to a spouse who may get stopped for a minor infraction. A lot of the spouses of the local PD have mini badge pendants on a gold chain that bear the badge number of their spouse. I get irritated when the lady at the local grocery store or bank makes an effort to continuously adjust her clothing as to not obstruct the pendant. There have been times where I would have loved to say something like "Yeah, I know that your husband/wife is a cop. In fact isn't he/she the one who recently got busted for that homo/lesbian sex scandal at ______ beach park?

Bottom line is that if you are LE, you won't need some "fraternal" decal or other merchandise to tell other LE who you are. They will know that you're LE by your badge, language and how you conduct yourself. If you're being stopped for an infraction and you're not on official business, DEAL WITH IT! Off duty LE should be held to the same if not higher standard than your average citizen. Don't expect to get a free pass because youre LE. IF the officer stopping you decides that your infraction is a minor one, then you're lucky. Otherwise, be prepared to show up in court like any other citizen.

If you're the spouse of a LE, big deal. You are subject to the same laws as any other citizen. If you don't like the laws, run for public office and do something about it. Otherwise, obey the law or face the consequences. You're not above the law because your husband/wife is a LEO.

Most of the LEO are like most of us in which when the work day is over, they like to rest and not have to worry about "work stuff". Being clearly identifiable as LEO puts them at unnecessary risk for many reasons. Another reason to be "low profile" would be to avoid being involved unnecessarily in a situation. Imagine you're at the beach with your family enjoying your day off when some random person walks up to you and asks that you help with a drunken disorderly person because they "made you" as a LEO. You are now duty bound (in many jurisdictions) to intervene. Had you not been identified as a LEO, you could have continued to enjoy your day off, pick up your cell phone and call 911 like any other good citizen. There are numerous other examples, this is just a simple one.

ANY type of decal indicating you may be armed is a bad idea in my book. If you open carry, that's one thing. If you CC, then do a decent job and maintain your low profile.

gf

The decal is about the same as concealed permit badges, I don;t need any stinkin badges, or decals. Sorry Poncho Villa.

Yes in SC they are everywhere. red usually is Fire Dept, Blue cop, sometimes orange for EMS.

you are either a cop(etc) a spouce, or supporter ...

representative of ... "The thin blue line"

menas that cops walk a thin line in day to day life..in many ways

Last edited:
No thanks. There are very few people who know I carry or what I have. I intend to keep it that way.

Did you happen to notice that they are a site sponser? (top of the page)

On abother note you might want some more opinions on this topic: Link Removed

The first thing I would tell an LEO when I am pulled over is that I am armed, have a permit, and where my gun is. Be open about it and there's no readon to consider you a threat. Wait until they find out on their own and they will wonder why you are hiding it...

The general concensus seems to be they are a bad idea, I tend to agree they may invite trouble. May I suggest that we do not advertise them on our website as we do now.

The general concensus seems to be they are a bad idea, I tend to agree they may invite trouble. May I suggest that we do not advertise them on our website as we do now.

They are a paid advertiser. I see no problem with their advertising. I can think of many ways I could use the decal. It might not be for the intended purpose, but useful none the less.

gf

The first thing I would tell an LEO when I am pulled over is that I am armed, have a permit, and where my gun is. Be open about it and there's no readon to consider you a threat. Wait until they find out on their own and they will wonder why you are hiding it...

Only if it's required in the state you're in. The only time I would notify if not required by law to do so is if it looks like the officer is about to search me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back