Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Only if it's required in the state you're in. The only time I would notify if not required by law to do so is if it looks like the officer is about to search me.

That is correct. If you posses a CPL in the States of Washington and Oregon- if your are pulled over, you are NOT REQUIRED to alert the officer when pulled over. However, it is a courtesy and usually lets the officer know that you are a good guy. It would be wise if you are asked to step out of the car for any reason to alert the officer that you have a firearm within the vehicle, where it is located, and how he/she would like you to proceed.

For the record, since I started this thread, I have received my Armed Decals but I elected to put them away in my box of goodies and not use them. The arguments in this thread against their use are very compeling and wise advice.

I neglected to mention that they are a site supporter and we should all remain very encouraged to do business with our site supporters. I would be interested in learning some of Glock Fans advice on how we all might use these devices in a way that could contribute to the causes of site supporters like ArmedDecal.com .

Last edited:
That is correct. If you posses a CPL in the States of Washington and Oregon- if your are pulled over, you are NOT REQUIRED to alert the officer when pulled over. However, it is a courtesy and usually lets the officer know that you are a good guy. It would be wise if you are asked to step out of the car for any reason to alert the officer that you have a firearm within the vehicle, where it is located, and how he/she would like you to proceed.

For the record, since I started this thread, I have received my Armed Decals but I elected to put them away in my box of goodies and not use them. The arguments in this thread against their use are very compeling and wise advice.

I neglected to mention that they are a site supporter and we should all remain very encouraged to do business with our site supporters. I would be interested in learning some of Glock Fans advice on how we all might use these devices in a way that could contribute to the causes of site supporters like ArmedDecal.com .

It's the same here in Indiana. No one ever includes Indiana in the list of America's most gun friendly states, but when you consider that we are shall issue, have lifetime permits, have the Castle Doctrine with civil immunity, aren't required to notify, and allow carry in places that most other states have established as being off limits (such as hospitals, polling places, and churches), how can anyone not see why it's among this nation's most gun friendly states?

It's the same here in Indiana. No one ever includes Indiana in the list of America's most gun friendly states, but when you consider that we are shall issue, have lifetime permits, have the Castle Doctrine with civil immunity, aren't required to notify, and allow carry in places that most other states have established as being off limits (such as hospitals, polling places, and churches), how can anyone not see why it's among this nation's most gun friendly states?

That is pretty darn friendly! What about open carry?

Couple of list members have sent me private messages asking for my suggetions. I won't post them publicly, but I will provide the info to all that ask.

gf

Couple of list members have sent me private messages asking for my suggetions. I won't post them publicly, but I will provide the info to all that ask.

gf

Please do GF,,, I am very interested so that I can put my Armed Decals to good use.

Thanks

Are you saying there is a special permit required for Open Carry or, that any concealed permit is suitable?

It's kinda funny how open carry works here in Indiana. You can carry either openly or concealed with an Indiana permit. Out of state permits are recognized "according to the terms therein." That means if a permit specifies "concealed" (ie., the Concealed deadly weapons permit from Kentucky or the concealed weapons permit from Florida), then you can only carry concealed here in Indiana. If the permit doesn't specify the mode of carry (ie., Class A LTC from PRMA or Pistol/Revolver license from NH), then you can carry either openly or concealed. Does that clear things up for you?

New member here....just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in this thread.

Sticker on your car that advertizes that you have a coincealled firearm? :nono:

I read an article many many years ago by Massad Ayoob...im sure anyone who has more then a passive interest in firearms and carrying concealled know who that is.

In part, what he said, and what stuck with me , is how bad of an idea it is to advertize having a gun. Besides letting would be thieves know where to go for a possible score on an unattended vehicle or empty residence, it will absolutely screw you in court if you ever have to defend yourself with yoru firearm. He cautioned even having an NRA sticker!

That sticker you have on your home or car that says "Forget the dog, beware of owner" with the picture of a gun....or the one that says "This vehicle prtected by Glock" will be blown up the size of a billboard to show the jury how you where a gun nut and just lying in wait for your opportunity to shoot someone. Can this sticker be stretched by some creative DA to make you look bad after a defensive shoot? Uh huh, you betcha. Dont think that would ever happen? Would you want to find out the hard way?

As far as this particular sticker goes, you also have to remember a couple of things here.

For one, knowledge of a victim having a gun wont necessarily stop an attack..not every would be attacker out there is a wuss. It may just enable the attacker to be better prepared and not surprised by your having a gun.

Second, unless and until, the climate changes more on gun carrying and even ownership of those nasty dangerous kill-on-thier-own evil baby killer guns, Im thinking that general advertizing of the fact that you have a gun on you can lead to bad things. Some people, even if they are improperly informed or unreasonably paranoid about normal people having firearms and may react badly. And, some jurisdictions that issue CCW permits will yank them in a heartbeat for even the smallest of BS complaints..such as accidently allowing a member of the public to see your gun, intentionally or accidentally. This could even happen if then just saw your sticker and didnt like you for it....Again, you think this stuff cant happen, go ahead and try your luck...im not going to take the chance im thinking!

Remember, getting a a publicly obnoxious or defiant attitude because we are getting screwed on our gun rights only hurts the cause!

Ok, off my soapbox now...just my opinion anyway...Take care all!

Last edited:
New member here....just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in this thread.

Sticker on your car that advertizes that you have a firearm? :nono:

I read an article many years ago by Massad Ayoob...im sure anyone who has more then a passive interest in firearms and carrying concealled know who that is. Very well respected instructor, professional witness, etc etc.

In part, what he said, and what stuck with me , is how bad of an idea it is to advertize having a gun. Besides letting would be thieves know where to go for a possible score on an unattended vehicle or empty residence, it could easily screw you in court if you ever have to defend yourself with yoru firearm.

That sticker you have on your home or car that says "Forget the dog, beware of owner" with the picture of a gun....or the one that says "This vehicle protected by Glock", will be blown up the size of a billboard and brought to court to show the jury how you are a gun nut and just lying in wait for your opportunity to shoot someone. Its not about justice, its about winning when it comes to court. Dont think that would ever happen? Would you want to find out the hard way?

As far as this particular sticker goes, you also have to remember a couple of things here.

For one, knowledge of a victim having a gun wont necessarily stop an attack...it may just enable the attacker to be better prepared to deal with you and your gun. I can attest that not all criminals are dumb.

Second, unless and until, the climate changes more on gun carrying and even ownership of those nasty dangerous kill-on-thier-own evil baby killing guns, (Yeah, some people actually believe that crap), Im thinking that advertizing the fact that you have a gun on you can lead to bad things. Some misinformed or paranoid people or those lacking in common sense may freak out at you having a gun.

And,some jurisdictions that issue CCW permits will yank them in a heartbeat for even a total BS complaint..such as accidently allowing a member of the public to see your gun, intentionally or accidentally. do you think that someone could complain if they just saw your sticker and didnt like you for it? Again, If you think this stuff cant happen, go ahead and try your luck...

I am proud to be a gun owner and have no problem (as you can see) sharing my point of view, but just like those groups that show up at your door uninvited to share thier views, No one likes it pushed on them. That usually has the opposite effect.

Ok, off my soapbox now...just my opinion anyway...Take care all!

In the great "Card Game" of life,do you REALLY want to show your "Hand" before its time? Think about it!:no:

I don't recommend putting that sticker on your car either. If you carry, it is certainly something you want to play close to the chest. It is in your best interest to blend in and appear to be normal. I also think those 'Glock Protection' and 'Insured by HK' car stickers are cool, but not in your best interest when it comes to criminal minds and the occasional LEO who just wants to check you out. If you are worried about traveling and someone violating or attacking you, you can always put a USMC sticker on your car. No one in their right mind is stupid enough to intimidate or attack a US Marine. If they are do the rest of us a favor...

I don't recommend putting that sticker on your car either. If you carry, it is certainly something you want to play close to the chest. It is in your best interest to blend in and appear to be normal. I also think those 'Glock Protection' and 'Insured by HK' car stickers are cool, but not in your best interest when it comes to criminal minds and the occasional LEO who just wants to check you out. If you are worried about traveling and someone violating or attacking you, you can always put a USMC sticker on your car. No one in their right mind is stupid enough to intimidate or attack a US Marine. If they are do the rest of us a favor...

I've seen many "U.S. Marines" get their butt whipped and "attacked". Don't kid yourself, we're all vulnerable to attack from the criminal element. BG don't really care anymore. I've seen cases where the BG targeted the Marines because they wanted a "challenge". Sad to say, the BG was a lot tougher than the Marine.

gf

I've seen many "U.S. Marines" get their butt whipped and "attacked". Don't kid yourself, we're all vulnerable to attack from the criminal element. BG don't really care anymore. I've seen cases where the BG targeted the Marines because they wanted a "challenge". Sad to say, the BG was a lot tougher than the Marine.

gf

I'm not kidding anyone, nor myself. If the "BG" or whatever you call it makes a move on me, it will certainly be his last. I've seen a few Marines on the Island get whipped, but only because they deserved it. Anyway, my post was a suggestion to find another deterrent sticker for a vehicle other than, "hey, got a gun on board here." It doesn't have to be USMC or anything military, just an alternative suggestion to create the desired effect. Here is a little common sense for you, its as old as time, Marine or not, YOU ARE ONLY AS VULNERABLE AS YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE.

I'll stay on topic here: CCW sticker on vehicle

I would not advertise you have a CCW on your vehicle. For some criminals, it may be intimidating and not worth the risk. However, for others more determined, it would mean that lethal force may be necessary to pull the job off; that immediately reduces your chances of fighting off the BG because he or she is now intent on neutralizing you first, then robbing you.

That's another good point Linux, if the attacker knows you're armed, he can strike first knowing to use deadly force. You could be dead before you know what hit you! Letting others know you are armed takes the initiative away from you.

Again I Say...............

NEVER tip your hand until its time! Besides...You may park your vehicle that advertises that you "Carry" and come back to a broken into mess!...Ive seen this before!! J.T. :triniti:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back