I'm Back!

Tat,
Im sorry to hear about this. Were you shot because of your security job or was this actually at your apartment?

I wish you a speedy recovery and am thankful that you werent killed.

I have to ask... were you CC'ing or OC'ing?

I ask because you now obviously know that if a bad guy wants your gun... He can get it either way.

Glad you're OK though for sure.

From what I gathered in the original post, he was in uniform and OC. The perp wanted his sidearm and Tatt had to tell him how to disengage the level 3 retention holster.

dang tat! I saw the name of the thread and thought you were just on vacation or something. then I read that you got shot... so sorry to hear that. and very sorry that you could not even return fire! praying for you man. praying that you get the full use of your strong arm back. don't let it get you down. let it make you stronger. to think that if the idiots in power get their way then the good people will have no firearms to fight back with. that thought makes me sick. I hope and pray that the prick who did this to you is caught and gets what he deserves.... which is nothing good. make a come back, and come back strong.

Glad to hear You are "alive and kicking"! Lucky, very lucky. I'm wondering if this guy was scoping You out all week checking on your moves etc. Needed an extra weapon, then made his move on You. Keep us updated and take all the time You need. Good luck.

Tat... happy to hear you survived and will recover. Trust that your rehab brings all of your faculties back. Too bad your gun is probably out on the street and hopefully it does no harm and the cops catch this creep with your gun (and his too). Do well, friend!

Our prayers are with you, tatt. Hopefully this injury is not permanent, and you will recover fully. Don't count yourself out so quickly. Just get well soon.

I am glad to hear that you survived this encounter.

I thought it was interesting that the very day you posted about having a weapon stolen from the open carry that you yourself became a victim of such an event. Interesting. Your words in red. Interesting that you were in a debate on this site and mere hours later were involved in the same type of incedent that you were trying to argue....almost unbelievable.

link to post (check out Number 4, 6, and 8)http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-carry-discussion/5972-man-open-carrying-robbed-his-gun.html

Posted at 16 5:30PM Eastern JAN 2009 by TATTEDUPBOY
Quote:

Let's assume for the sake of argument that this story is true. Finding stories of open carriers having their gun snatched is about as easy as finding stories of cops getting their snatched; try finding either on the Internet. Just because we hardly hear about it does not mean that it's something people don't need to make an effort to prevent.

That being said, that doesn't mean that the overwhelming of open carriers aren't responsible people, because they are, simply by virtue of the fact that they are taking responsibility for their safety into their own hands.

Benjamin Franklin

re: I'm back

tatted, my friend. I sincerely hope that the police where you live are more efficient than the Indianapolis PD. as far as I am aware, they never did locate my .38 spl revolver, and due to the fact that it was nickel plated and had stag grips, I was afraid a kid might get it and think it was a toy. As I said in my message to you, I do not think the ridiculous procedure IPD put you through back in the day ever resulted in the soultion of even one crime. I do sincerely hope you get better and get back in harness. Keep your head down, bro.

Glad to hear you are ALIVE. I hate to bring something out of this (weak /off hand shooting practice). It is something that we should all think about.

Best!

A tough thing to have to deal with, losing, even temporarily, your good old dependable shooting arm! My surgery is on 5 Feb (not a shooting!), and when you lose the use of that arm, it is a severe blow. Therapy and corrective surgery have come a long way in recent years, and I hope it can give you back 100%, or close to that. This brings up a carry situation that I posted on another site - if you regularly carry strong side, IWB or OWB or OC, if you cannot draw and fire your weapon with the weak hand, you need a BUG, if allowed. New Mexico does not allow a BUG !!, so I always carry cross draw - either hand is good to go, and that is the way that I practice. Massad Ayoob shows it is both practical and acceptably safe, and has been my choice for 50+ years. Not a panacea, but has it's good points.
sailor

As a LEO something bothers me about this: he didnt bother to take your wallet, or even attempt it.

That tells me that he had a problem with you personally (think prior work incidents).

An obviously armed officer isnt generally considered prey by the predators.

Get well soon bro and dont let them grind ya down.

First of all, wow! I'm glad you're gonna make it, Tatted.

As a LEO something bothers me about this: he didnt bother to take your wallet, or even attempt it.

That tells me that he had a problem with you personally (think prior work incidents).

An obviously armed officer isnt generally considered prey by the predators.

Get well soon bro and dont let them grind ya down.

Austin,

Me thinks the perps motive was the gun snatch. He gets behind and shoots his strong side shoulder, then disarms and flees. Too simple?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you are ALIVE. I hate to bring something out of this (weak /off hand shooting practice). It is something that we should all think about.

+1 and a second back up gun that you can get to with your off hand also. Unless your main fire arm is carried cross draw it is pretty hard to get to with your off hand. All the more so if you are carrying in a holster with a retention device.

First of all, wow! I'm glad you're gonna make it, Tatted.

Austin,

Me thinks the perps motive was the gun snatch. He gets behind and shoots his strong side shoulder, then disarms and flees. Too simple?

Not sure, you never can guess what a tango is thinking or going to do. But, it almost sounded like he was "lying in wait".

I guess the deciding factor for me is whether or not he had a clear view of tatted's place of work (or could have without going too far) think hole in the fence.

Last edited:
Thats Crazy stuff Tat! Glad to hear you made it out alive! I'll keep you in prayer for a full and fast recovery.

Now I know why my instructor always makes us do every drill righty and lefty. You won't catch me saying "What are the chances I'll get hit disabling my strong arm?" again!!!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back