Have you open carried?

My one and only ever reply to DC. With a sign on like that, you just ain't right (in more ways then one). ALL I got to say!

Firefighterchen:291886 said:
I can..... But I see no reason to, therefore I wont PERIOD

You haven't OC, therefore you shouldn't have responded to this thread, which specifically asked for people who HAVE OC. Good job. Way to be the first one to fail reading comp 101 on this thread.

Well that took a turn I wasn't expecting. I thought the thread was "Have you open carried ?" which to me is either yes I have or no I haven't. I have nothing against ocers its your choice. To me the bad out weighs the good, but thats for another thread. Didn't mean to offend anyone my apologies.

robstid:292238 said:
Firefighterchen:291886 said:
I can..... But I see no reason to, therefore I wont PERIOD

You haven't OC, therefore you shouldn't have responded to this thread, which specifically asked for people who HAVE OC. Good job. Way to be the first one to fail reading comp 101 on this thread.

Well that took a turn I wasn't expecting. I thought the thread was "Have you open carried ?" which to me is either yes I have or no I haven't. I have nothing against ocers its your choice. To me the bad out weighs the good, but thats for another thread. Didn't mean to offend anyone my apologies.

DCkilla:291589 said:
If you never gave it a reasonable try, don't post. If you only did in your house, don't post.

Just saying...

Apology accepted, next time read the op a little more carefully.

For me, the bad of cc outweighs the good. See you in the other OC vs cc threads.

»

I mostly CC, especially since my wife always has my favorite OC gun with her. She took it over a couple of months ago. It is time to go shopping for another gun! For now, it is mostly CC, unless I am OCing at home and go out for a quick errand.
I have NEVER. had a bad moment because of OCing. I have OCed at church, in the bank, at Walmart, in stores all around, etc.

I carry in North Carolina which is an open carry without permit, and CC with permit. I do have a CHP. I haven't been carrying very long so when I say I carry, I mean when I leave the house one of my handguns is on my hip (Taurus Slim or Poly Protector .357 revolver or Ruger P85) I prefer an OWB holster. I am a retired Marine colonel, so I don't wear untucked shirts, therefore if my dress code conceals my handgun (sports jacket/windbreaker), so be it, if not, thats ok too. I don't get into the CC/OC discussions because I just don't see the difference for me, and to be honest, its a personal choice. I have not seen a single gun-buster sign in my area, except for a CC only sign in a gun/sporting shop. I have yet to be approached by any LEO or anyone else for that matter.

if my dress code conceals my handgun (sports jacket/windbreaker), so be it, if not, thats ok too. I don't get into the CC/OC discussions because I just don't see the difference for me, and to be honest, its a personal choice. I have not seen a single gun-buster sign in my area, except for a CC only sign in a gun/sporting shop.

Exactly the same approach/experience I have. I am destined to retire with only the gold oak leaf, though....

I'm a WA guy here also. I OC 80-90% of the time I go out. Here in Eastern WA its pretty quiet for us. Only had one problem in the last year or so I've been OC. It was when a friend and I went to the Convention Center OC a few weeks ago and we were asked to leave even though it was public property and here in WA state law pre-empts local laws. We are currently working with the City/Public Facilities to get everything clarified and get them to obey State Law. Today I got my haircut and went to a Fed-Ex Office store while OC and nary a word was said by anyone...

-Thor

Live in Texas CC only, wishing for constitutional open carry, when at home in AZ, open carry all the time non issue.

I've been OC'ing for about two years now, and I've never had a negative interaction with citizens or LEO. I've had a couple of people with questions, and a couple of people thank me. I've gotten hair cuts, been in banks, parks, liquor stores, county fairs, Walmart, and etc. with no problem. I don't OC to "rub it in" anybody's face, the way I dress makes it easier. If I'm going to be outside in the cold for an extended time I will wear a coat and CC. My carry method is for my clothing/convenience/weather, so it just so happens to be 95% OC. I do not go to the CC forums and bash them for their method of carry. This forum should not be about if we should, but experiences, types of holsters, and information.

I have carried open and without a shirt or coat to cover the piece, depending on the time and place it is either a 1911 or a G22. With a fanny pack and with coat and/or shirt cover. In the state I live in the comments are varied when they are made. From the “Hey mister your GUN is cocked” to the more enlightened “How does it shoot and what do you shoot in ‘er”. So, geographic concerns are an issue. I highly doubt in the city of L.A., Chicago or New York that I would be a free man. But in the Conditionally Correct state I am in I have had no issues to date. As with real estate, I do believe it is location, location and location.

I open carry pretty much all the time. Never had a problem or a bad experience. My ccdw license is in the works now though. I'm sure ill still oc sometimes though when i get it.

I open carry most of the time it depends on how I feel... Sometimes I don't wanna worry about every single person and if there going to take my gun... I like to be not noticed sometimes

I've been OC'ing for about two years now, and I've never had a negative interaction with citizens or LEO. I've had a couple of people with questions, and a couple of people thank me. I've gotten hair cuts, been in banks, parks, liquor stores, county fairs, Walmart, and etc. with no problem. I don't OC to "rub it in" anybody's face, the way I dress makes it easier. If I'm going to be outside in the cold for an extended time I will wear a coat and CC. My carry method is for my clothing/convenience/weather, so it just so happens to be 95% OC. I do not go to the CC forums and bash them for their method of carry. This forum should not be about if we should, but experiences, types of holsters, and information.

A good post and comment about our input to this thread, we are not here to argue but to assist, we may become angry and “Red in the Face” mad with some post that do hit a nerve, but you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for that. I do have a question and not an assessment of your actions. Is it not against Federal Statues/law or regulations to have a weapon in a post office, bank or nuclear facility? Unless you are a law enforcement officer or agent. Just asking, no offense. Thanks again.

Is it not against Federal Statues/law or regulations to have a weapon in a post office, bank or nuclear facility? Unless you are a law enforcement officer or agent. Just asking, no offense. Thanks again.

Illegal in Post Office and nuclear facilities, yes. Banks are according to state law. Most states do not prohibit carry in banks. Washington does not. I open carry in my bank every time I go there.

Illegal in Post Office and nuclear facilities, yes. Banks are according to state law. Most states do not prohibit carry in banks. Washington does not. I open carry in my bank every time I go there.

+1
Contrary to popular belief Banks/Credit Unions are Privately Owned NOT Federal Entities. They are Insured by a Federal Entity but they do not function as one.

-Thor

Thanks, Marine. Just a L/Cpl, but totally agree. Semper Fi!

I'm a newbie to open carry. I have been CC for the last 4 months and started OC this week. Pennsylvania is an open carry state. I haven't had any issues thus far with the public or LEO's. The only drawback s I live 3 miles from the NY border and I operate a business that takes me through both NY and PA. So every time I have to travel into NY, I have to stop home, lock my firearms up, and proceed into NY. I'm not going to risk a felony charge and loss of my firearms since NY doesn't issue non residents CCW permits. You couldn't pay me to be a NY resident. With the high taxes and high gas prices among other reasons.

I OC'ed when I was waiting on my CCDW. I have CC for the last year or so, However I have had the want to OC lately. I've have been looking for a nice leather OWB holster. I think in places like the YMCA where my wife, and daughter do a swim class, that I will CC still when I attend. No signs etc posted, just personal preference from my wife's requests.

Unfortunately, I could not open carry if I wanted to. When I applied for my carry permit, the subject came up at the sheriff's office as I did not even know at the time that open carry was legal without a permit. When told this, I was like; "Oh really?" Promptly, they informed me that they "highly recommend that you do not". I'm pretty sure this is due to the fact that I live in a city that is home to a university campus. They say it's because they would get too many "man with a gun" calls and it would not only waste their time, but mine too. I also do know that the sheriff was totally against "shall issue" and that until that law passed, nobody was issued a conceal permit unless they were his buddy or made a significant contribution to his election campaign fund.

To be honest, I would probably not open carry anyway. It's just how I am. Open Carry is accepted in many other counties in this state. However, there are some liberal polluted bastions here and there. Unfortunately, I live in one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back