Element of surprise!

So even according to your hypothetical situations the Mystical Super Ninja Element Of Surprise was effective and that's the MAIN THING... To be EFFECTIVE!
No... the main thing is to NOT have to respond to an attack....... Concealed carry, with it's mystical super ninja magical "element of surprise" does absolutely NOTHING to prevent an attack....

I don't think any more evidence needs to be presented that Sir Swiftus Funkelwerk, claiming to be an instructor of some sort, has no comprehension of the difference between preventing a criminal attack and preventing injury or death resulting from a criminal attack.

I don't think any more evidence needs to be presented that Sir Swiftus Funkelwerk, claiming to be an instructor of some sort, has no comprehension of the difference between preventing a criminal attack and preventing injury or death resulting from a criminal attack.
The following comment is NOT directed at any individual... not even Sir Swiftus Funkelwerk....

Some concealed carry "instructors" engage in spreading misinformation, perpetrating myths, and fear mongering in an attempt to present themselves as knowledgeable in the hopes of attracting more students ($$$$$$) to their classes.

There is something the proponents of the "element of surprise" do not understand.... the advantage of the "element of surprise" is all in favor of the criminal because the concealed carriers is going to be "surprised" that he is being attacked and now it is necessary to respond to an attack already in progress....

Food for thought for those who disparage open carry and think concealed carry is some kind of mystical super ninja "element of surprise" magical spell...

Scenario #1...

A bad guy attacks a concealed carrier and the concealed carrier whips out his "element of surprise" .. the bad guy sees the gun, stops the attack, and runs away...

Scenario #2...

A bad guy is contemplating attacking but sees an open carried gun.... calls off his attack ... and nothing happens.

What is the commonality between the two scenarios?

When the bad guy saw a gun he stopped his attack... but...

With concealed carry the attack is stopped after it starts...

and..

With open carry the attack is stopped before it even begins.

Hey, I CC. Does that mean I have "mystical super ninja "element of surprise" magical spell" powers? SWEET..!!!

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to dress around your Firearm!

DO NOT:
1. SAG your pants! Wear them AROUND your waist!
2. TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN YOUR PANTS! (unless you are open carrying)
3. Dress in LIGHT COLORED CLOTHES! (LIGHT clothes REVEAL, DARK clothes CONCEAL!)
4. Carry Firearms with a barrel length MORE THAN 3 3/4 - 4 inches!

If there are more pointers ADD THEM HERE!

I like to layer my shirts to help my concealment.

price on iwb supertuck from crossbreed mine was 101 usd i got a combat cut horsehide but they start at 69usd 15 usd extra for horsehide and i think another 10 or 15 usd for the combat cut ///here is the link if you're interested nice comfortable holsters too

Link Removed

''Just curious... does that prevent the criminal from attacking you, or allow you to defend yourself once the criminal has attacked you?'' navy your questions- i can't give a definite answer to as who knows what really prevents a criminal from attacking me as criminals like opportunity and i try not to give any such an opportunity......since i've carried i've had no altercations but i think by carrying concealed if i am attacked the element of surprise when i do draw may help in my favor.. i'm in florida and only allowed to carry concealed and even if i could open carry here locally, i'd rather conceal for my own reasons .......one being senior citizen , an easy target and two i don't want some thug knowing i have a gun as it might give him..or her or more a reason to attack me to steal my gun ...however if i was a young strapping really fit man or had a job that required open carrying then i would open carry....or if i'm up in the woods of wva i would open carry or at least tuck my shirt in without worrying about the butt erm gun butt sticking over the edge of the waist of my pants.....around the house i tuck the front of my shirt in though as i do like it better tucked in it's just more comfortable to me tucked but when i go out i pull my shirt out and make sure my secret is concealed

Man this is a tough crowd! :dance3:

When a guy has a handle like; 'Sir Swiftus Funkelwerk'.. they should be respected.:laugh:

After all, he is against wearing baggy pants that sag down & show you butt. I think that's something we can all agree to.

I like the guy. Leave him alone he makes me laugh. :lol:

--------

This is directed at "e". Have you tried moving your holster from 3:30 to 2 or 2:30?
It really helped me conceal the bulge on my hip.

-

i don't like how it feels on my hip bone at that location or sitting with the muzzle where it rests there either but i can see how it would conceal my guns big butt better in that position

First, you claim that it's different where you are from.... then you go on to tell everyone what is best for them. QUIT TELLING ME WHAT IS BEST FOR ME! Stick with what is best for you and carry your gun the way you think is best for you but quit trying to tell everyone here what is best for all of us because there is no possible way that you can know what is best for all of us!

1. You don't know anything about where I'm from, so don't try to comment on it!
2. At ANY POINT of this thread did I say to NAVYLCDR to CARRY YOUR FIREARM CONCEALED?
It is advisable for people to CARRY CONCEALED from WHERE I'M FROM!!!
If YOU don't agree, FINE.
3. If you DON'T WANT to carry it concealed then DON'T! The world will still spin on it's axis.
4. Like with anything else you read, TAKE WHATS USEFUL and DISREGARD the REST if it's of no service to you!
We don't NEED to know or necessarily care that you would rather carry it open!
5. Element Of Surprise DOES HELP to effectively PREVENT a violent attack from happening as you retracted in YOUR statements from earlier!
Why don't you make the debate worthwhile or agitate the gravel!

I thought we were just friendly bantering....

However, to seriously address the OPs, ummmm, "instruction":

I open carry 90% of the time, if not more, and 90% of the general population never notices or shows no indication that they notice. When I choose to conceal my gun, I move my shirt from behind my gun to over it and nobody has ever said anything about my gun, except for my wife or daughter who might comment, "No gun today?" Reply, "Yes, I have it right here." I carry a stainless steel Taurus PT-145 in a Fobus OWB Paddle holster.

So, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to dress around the gun?!? Really? Not in real life. I find it sadly humorous the great lengths that some people will go to bury their gun so deep under clothing while sacrificing the ability to rapidly deploy the gun - without a whole lot of noticeable movement - to convince themselves that nobody has any possibility of noticing their gun.

Just because no one says anything doesn't mean that they don't notice it.
The whole purpose of concealment is to APPEAR as if there's NOTHING on your person... Not to have a bulge showing under your shirt. DRESS AROUND YOUR FIREARM!

It's different from where I'm from. If you're not a Police Officer, Security Guard, ATF, CIA, FBI or Border Patrol Agent who USUALLY carries it in plain sight, then it usually brings negative attention to you from either "OH MY GOD! HE's GOT A GUN!" to the police stopping and harassing you or someone might be plotting on you to try to take it off your waist!(in very few cases will the last situation happen) It's BEST to keep it concealed to keep the negative attention from off of you as well as not giving people the "UP's" on you.

Deterrence and surprise are two completely different aspects. Stop mixing them up and acting like they are one in the same.

Calling bs on the "omg he's got a gun," as bikenut open carries in Michigan and has repeatedly linked and demonstrated open carrying in Michigan without anyone panicking.

You first can't get your definitions and terminology right, now you have shown how off you are with the general public of your own state....actually instructor is the perfect profession for you with those credentials.

The following comment is NOT directed at any individual... not even Sir Swiftus Funkelwerk....

Some concealed carry "instructors" engage in spreading misinformation, perpetrating myths, and fear mongering in an attempt to present themselves as knowledgeable in the hopes of attracting more students ($$$$$$) to their classes.

Really?
For Money??? (((POUNDS ON DESK IN LAUGHTER!!!)))
So what "MISINFORMATION" and or "MYTHS" have I presented?

Being a "Firearms Instructor" in and of itself only means one has passed one of any number of basic "Instructor" courses. It has zero bearing on the actual quality of the Instructors knowledge as our friend SSF is demonstrating.

OMG: "Link Removed likes this."
2927mns_th.jpg
... Sir Swiftus Funkellwerk

Calling bs on the "omg he's got a gun," as bikenut open carries in Michigan and has repeatedly linked and demonstrated open carrying in Michigan without anyone panicking.

You first can't get your definitions and terminology right, now you have shown how off you are with the general public of your own state....actually instructor is the perfect profession for you with those credentials.

(((LAUGHS)))
You ACTUALLY said a POSTED link! (see how far people will go in order to prove a point?)
Are YOU or have YOU physically been here to speak from EXPERIENCE and not sideline on another man's LINK?!?!? (((LAUGHS)))

Bikenut may open carry in those parts of Michigan where it MAY NOT be a big deal because it's NOT ALL THE SAME! But to actually say that I'm wrong from a LINK you saw and I'm here EVERYDAY?!?!?(smacks forehead) is one of the most RHETORICAL replies since NAVY disagreed that Element Of Surprise didn't help to PREVENT an attack from happening!

price on iwb supertuck from crossbreed mine was 101 usd i got a combat cut horsehide but they start at 69usd 15 usd extra for horsehide and i think another 10 or 15 usd for the combat cut ///here is the link if you're interested nice comfortable holsters too

Link Removed

AWESOME! I think I'll look into it!

Being a "Firearms Instructor" in and of itself only means one has passed one of any number of basic "Instructor" courses. It has zero bearing on the actual quality of the Instructors knowledge as our friend SSF is demonstrating.

I think I probably have demonstrated topics that you might not agree with verses what can be referenced from a textbook as well as experience.
I can ONLY demonstrate from knowledge and experience.

(((LAUGHS)))
You ACTUALLY said a POSTED link! (see how far people will go in order to prove a point?)
Are YOU or have YOU physically been here to speak from EXPERIENCE and not sideline on another man's LINK?!?!? (((LAUGHS)))

Bikenut may open carry in those parts of Michigan where it MAY NOT be a big deal because it's NOT ALL THE SAME! But to actually say that I'm wrong from a LINK you saw and I'm here EVERYDAY?!?!?(smacks forehead) is one of the most RHETORICAL replies since NAVY disagreed that Element Of Surprise didn't help to PREVENT an attack from happening!

For someone to be there everyday, seeing it everyday, you should easily be able to produce some kind of evidence that in your area open carriers are unwelcome. Please, do share, what city do you live in. I'm sure in the open carry websites I can find dozens of carriers in your area that have no problem. So yes, I am calling bs on your opinion, prove me wrong.

''Just curious... does that prevent the criminal from attacking you, or allow you to defend yourself once the criminal has attacked you?'' navy your questions- i can't give a definite answer to as who knows what really prevents a criminal from attacking me as criminals like opportunity and i try not to give any such an opportunity......since i've carried i've had no altercations but i think by carrying concealed if i am attacked the element of surprise when i do draw may help in my favor.. i'm in florida and only allowed to carry concealed and even if i could open carry here locally, i'd rather conceal for my own reasons .......one being senior citizen , an easy target and two i don't want some thug knowing i have a gun as it might give him..or her or more a reason to attack me to steal my gun ...however if i was a young strapping really fit man or had a job that required open carrying then i would open carry....or if i'm up in the woods of wva i would open carry or at least tuck my shirt in without worrying about the butt erm gun butt sticking over the edge of the waist of my pants.....around the house i tuck the front of my shirt in though as i do like it better tucked in it's just more comfortable to me tucked but when i go out i pull my shirt out and make sure my secret is concealed

HEY NAVY & FIREFIGHTERCHEN!!!

Read this!!!

I think I probably have demonstrated topics that you might not agree with verses what can be referenced from a textbook as well as experience.
I can ONLY demonstrate from knowledge and experience.

wce3gp_th.jpg
Sorry friend but I've seen neither knowledge or experience from any of your posts.
4jorr6_th.jpg

For someone to be there everyday, seeing it everyday, you should easily be able to produce some kind of evidence that in your area open carriers are unwelcome. Please, do share, what city do you live in. I'm sure in the open carry websites I can find dozens of carriers in your area that have no problem. So yes, I am calling bs on your opinion, prove me wrong.

The EVIDENCE is why I SUGGESTED that you DON'T OPEN CARRY! (sheesh!)
I can't reply to you ANY FURTHER!!! (((laughs)))
You said that your evidence lies in another mans LINK!!! (((LAUGHS)))
Bring me something more SOLID in terms of evidence then we can finish this conversation!!! (((LAUGHS profusely!!!)))

FYI...

Not an opinion, but a fact.

The EVIDENCE is why I SUGGESTED that you DON'T OPEN CARRY! (sheesh!)
I can't reply to you ANY FURTHER!!! (((laughs)))
You said that your evidence lies in another mans LINK!!! (((LAUGHS)))
Bring me something more SOLID in terms of evidence then we can finish this conversation!!! (((LAUGHS profusely!!!)))

Your opinion is meaningless without substance. Gotta agree with everyone else here, your points are shallow and your unsubstantiated opinion is weak. You can deflect all you want, this is a tough crowd in here, and you are getting nowhere by going in circles.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back