Element of surprise!

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to dress around your Firearm!

DO NOT:
1. SAG your pants! Wear them AROUND your waist!
2. TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN YOUR PANTS! (unless you are open carrying)
3. Dress in LIGHT COLORED CLOTHES! (LIGHT clothes REVEAL, DARK clothes CONCEAL!)
4. Carry Firearms with a barrel length MORE THAN 3 3/4 - 4 inches!

If there are more pointers ADD THEM HERE!

Well, all I have is a Hi Power and a Commander. A little big I guess?

It depends on the weather. If you live in hot climates, it's harder to conceal. I remember being able to conceal a 8" Dan Wesson 44 mag in the fall and winter. I wouldn't be able to to that in Arizona.

If I had the cash, I would buy a Springfield XDs in .45.

I have much more important things in my life than dressing around my firearm. Another self-proclaimed internet expert who knows what is best for everybody, in every location, in every situation.

Link Removed

I notice it is your 3rd post here....

Link Removed

I'm curious - when you are relying upon the element of surprise to defend against a criminal who has already attacked you - do you recommend yelling at the top of your lungs, "SURPRISE!" when you draw your gun?

Also... practice, practice, practice....

And isn't it better to call 911 and be the best witness possible anyway?

Dress around your gun? Never occured to me. I carry a North American Arms 22magnum mini-revolver. Unless Im naked it is no problem to hide it. And even IF I am without clothing I could, well never mind. I had a Ruger Redhawk 44magnum with a 7 1/2 inch barrel and managed to conceal it. But it was just as good to open carry it. Does anyone have some popcorn?

Shame on you Navy! How can you not recognize the fact that the gun gods have dipped into the moronic morass to lift and anoint one of such incredible clairvoyance and unquestionable expertise to save us from ourselves!

Or maybe you are right and he is just an arrogant asshat. There is such a fine line between the two it's difficult to be sure.

I will continue to carry my 92FS and dress any way I want.

You know yer goin' to Hell for that right?

70b0i0_th.jpg

I cant resist. Great reply.

4uaoav_th.jpg
2qx9w2g_th.jpg

Shame on you Navy! How can you not recognize the fact that the gun gods have dipped into the moronic morass to lift and anoint one of such incredible clairvoyance and unquestionable expertise to save us from ourselves!

Or maybe you are right and he is just an arrogant asshat. There is such a fine line between the two it's difficult to be sure.

I will continue to carry my 92FS and dress any way I want.

roflmfao.jpg

Oh shoot.... Now I gotta buy another pistol. My 1911 is too big!
Really? - Come on now... Are you REALLY an instructor?

DO NOT:
1. SAG your pants! Wear them AROUND your waist!
2. TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN YOUR PANTS! (unless you are open carrying)
3. Dress in LIGHT COLORED CLOTHES! (LIGHT clothes REVEAL, DARK clothes CONCEAL!)
4. Carry Firearms with a barrel length MORE THAN 3 3/4 - 4 inches!

If there are more pointers ADD THEM HERE!

#1 is true, the rest, not.

Aw come on lighten up, maybe the OP is just trying to stir up some friendly banter.

I thought we were just friendly bantering....

However, to seriously address the OPs, ummmm, "instruction":

I open carry 90% of the time, if not more, and 90% of the general population never notices or shows no indication that they notice. When I choose to conceal my gun, I move my shirt from behind my gun to over it and nobody has ever said anything about my gun, except for my wife or daughter who might comment, "No gun today?" Reply, "Yes, I have it right here." I carry a stainless steel Taurus PT-145 in a Fobus OWB Paddle holster.

So, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to dress around the gun?!? Really? Not in real life. I find it sadly humorous the great lengths that some people will go to bury their gun so deep under clothing while sacrificing the ability to rapidly deploy the gun - without a whole lot of noticeable movement - to convince themselves that nobody has any possibility of noticing their gun.

I'm curious - when you are relying upon the element of surprise to defend against a criminal who has already attacked you - do you recommend yelling at the top of your lungs, "SURPRISE!" when you draw your gun?

Also... practice, practice, practice....

And isn't it better to call 911 and be the best witness possible anyway?

I saw that episode of Miami Vice when it first aired. IIRC, they hired a famous pistol speed shooter for the BG, but I don't remember who it was.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back