Element of surprise!

So many people are infatuated with this element of surprise thing, it makes me wonder if they actually carry to defend themselves or if they carry so they one day can unleash the biggest surprise party ever if they are lucky enough to be chosen...

I'm curious - when you are relying upon the element of surprise to defend against a criminal who has already attacked you - do you recommend yelling at the top of your lungs, "SURPRISE!" when you draw your gun?

Also... practice, practice, practice....

And isn't it better to call 911 and be the best witness possible anyway?
Threadjack, i guess... Impressive, especially with the loose-fitting gloves. I realize that this is just a TV show, but the guy with the revolver did not have the will to shoot. And, any guesses as to why the shooter, with 2 rounds fired, dropped the magazine and cycled the slide, effectively clearing the weapon?

So many people are infatuated with this element of surprise thing, it makes me wonder if they actually carry to defend themselves or if they carry so they one day can unleash the biggest surprise party ever if they are lucky enough to be chosen...

First I highly doubt many of them carry regularly if at all. Second I'd wager most of those that do carry pack a snub 38 or smaller in their pocket (loaded with critical defense) with no reload having had little to no "tactical" training, maybe 1% have actually taken an advanced concealed carry class.

I now carry the new invisible Glock G77. It's completely clear. I can OC even where illegal and no one knows. Talk about surprise! It works great on invisible perps, shoots around corners and has a clear laser. Bad guys don't see it until it's too late. Talk about surprise! I also believe the moon is made of cheese.

Dress around your gun? Never occured to me. I carry a North American Arms 22magnum mini-revolver. Unless Im naked it is no problem to hide it. And even IF I am without clothing I could, well never mind. I had a Ruger Redhawk 44magnum with a 7 1/2 inch barrel and managed to conceal it. But it was just as good to open carry it. Does anyone have some popcorn?

Say it... Say it!!! "On body suitcase"! A real American Touristor.

I now carry the new invisible Glock G77. It's completely clear. I can OC even where illegal and no one knows. Talk about surprise! It works great on invisible perps, shoots around corners and has a clear laser. Bad guys don't see it until it's too late. Talk about surprise! I also believe the moon is made of cheese.

How much did that cost? I like cheese.

Isn't it amazing. The only worshippers our OP has are Shoobee and ~OtisM~....

a8e149fa-580f-4a5c-acc5-fe5fa1fd886d.jpg

Oh shoot. I guess I should go back to the bank, Michael's, Home Depot, the grocery store, the gas station and the UPS store and apologize for wearing my white t-shirt today while carrying. You know, in case I was printing and somebody noticed.

Hey, thanks for this Navy. Doing a little more research I found this quote:
The unloading and dumping of the gun was to separate the character from the action. As soon as he walked away he could be just another employee. Unloading the gun first was to insure that no one picked it up and tried to use it on him as he walked away. Nothing was by accident. It all was thought out. If you watched an episode I did on Nash Bridges 15 years later I did exactly the same thing in the San Francisco airport1.

From this webpage:
thegunzone.com

WOW! I have a small fanbase already that knows how many posts I have!
(APPLAUSE!)

When CONCEALING your weapon it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to dress around your firearm!

I thought you would be intelligent enough to know that NAVYLCDR & WYLDEKARD or are you those type of dudes who like to wear XXXTRA MEDIUM apparel and think that you can STILL CONCEAL your firearm like you can't see that bulge?

I NEVER SAID rely upon ELEMENT OF SURPRISE when a criminal has already attacked you NAVYLCDR.
Let me break it down to you ...

It's... meant... to... PREVENT them... from... ATTACKING YOU! (do you understand the words in this post?)

WOW! I have a small fanbase already that knows how many posts I have!
(APPLAUSE!)

When CONCEALING your weapon it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to dress around your firearm!

I thought you would be intelligent enough to know that NAVYLCDR & WYLDEKARD or are you those type of dudes who like to wear XXXTRA MEDIUM apparel and think that you can STILL CONCEAL your firearm like you can't see that bulge?

I NEVER SAID rely upon ELEMENT OF SURPRISE when a criminal has already attacked you NAVYLCDR.
Let me break it down to you ...

It's... meant... to... PREVENT them... from... ATTACKING YOU! (do you understand the words in this post?)

Im a fan of Springfields myself!

(((laughs))) Invisible Glock!

Dude, you're talking to yourself.......
2e5uook_th.jpg

Ahhh.... that explains it perfectly..... something that is undectectable, that a person goes to great lengths to completely hide from detection is going to PREVENT (as in deter) an attack. Right..... because these criminals have ESP or spidey sense, right and know who is concealing a firearm and isn't so they know to not attack the person carrying the concealed firearm and move on to the unarmed person?

Don't you know, as an instructor, that a concealed firearm carried for self-defense is to be used for self-defense only when faced with an IMMEDIATE threat of grave bodily harm or death? If a person has not been attacked, than what threat of IMMEDIATE grave bodily harm exists? If the immediate threat does not exist, resulting from an attack already begun, than how can the concealed firearm be used to prevent the attack? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back