CWP badge

I get a good chuckle out of CFP CCW badges for the most part and they make my hair stand on end.

Lately I have been doing some research on OWB carry and wondered what the reaction would be if someone were to see my .45 in a holster under my jacket.... I can just picture someone freaking out on me. Well, CSI (yep, I still watch it when nothing else is on) was on TV and they were carrying their badges next to their holsters. Made me wonder about the badge for (about) 5 seconds before chuckling again.

But the thought keeps coming back. I have nothing to prove... but wonder if that CWP badge might keep someone spotting my carry from freaking out on me and winding up getting taken down at gunpoint in Wally World while eating nachos again.

Go figure.

You were taken down by LE for legally CC in Wally World?? :eek: Be careful about carrying any badge or something that makes you look like LE if you're not. In states like UT there are specific laws prohibiting the practice. You may end up in more trouble by having such an item in your possession.

gf

Thanks for posting the pix of the CWP badge. I think I am just going to cut it out and paste one to my car and to my sportjacket. That should at least impress the chicks, no?

I'm so excited!

I gotta stop watching CSI. I'm starting to wipe down my handgun at night and check for hairs and epitheleals.

You were taken down by LE for legally CC in Wally World?? :eek: Be careful about carrying any badge or something that makes you look like LE if you're not. In states like UT there are specific laws prohibiting the practice. You may end up in more trouble by having such an item in your possession.

gf

You ever been jumped by Mickey or worse yet, by Goofey? Well, at least Goofey has been neutered... but Mickey? Them ain't no king size walnuts in his pockets my friend. No siree.

And if a CWP badge is going to prevent having Mickey on my behind... well, IMHO, it's worth the risk.

Please keep this thread going - otherwise people may take us seriously.

:hang3::hang3::hang3::hang3::hang3::hang3::hang3::hang3:

They look pretty ridiculous i wonder if they have sold many. lol i have met many leo wanna be's maybe they'll buy some, and make some one rich.

These guys actually manufacture a large number of different badges with CWP only being one of them. Where they came up with the idea I have no idea but the fact that they keep advertising them in national magazines has got to lead one to believe that it is indeed profitable... or is a PR stunt? Dunno, but I know that it works for me and I wouldn't leave home without it.

I have a friend with a crossing guard badge and it's like a babe magnet dude. I have learned so many new words it just isn't funny.

I have a friend with a crossing guard badge and it's like a babe magnet dude. I have learned so many new words it just isn't funny.

Now THAT's the Badge to have.... "Babe Magnet." That should come with a can of that Axe body spray... you know it would sell like crazy. Either that, or a badge that says "Nobel Peace Prize"... both may have same effect.

:laugh:

CCW badge=Bad Idea.
3.gif

I guess im a little confused. The reason we carry Concealed is not to Attract attention to ourselves. So why, Would anyone want to stick out in Public. Its like saying Hi, I have a Concealed Handgun on me.Out of site,Out of mind! Plus, as others have Mentioned in most states Carry an Gun and, an Badge when your not( LEO) Not an good Idea. Impersenation of( LEO) is an Class E Felony, good way to loose your Concealed Weapon Permit. The Companies that are making them Should advise Poeple to check Their State Penal Laws Before Purchasing. They dont care, Their making money off Poeple who honestly dont Understand the reprocutions of Carrying these Badges... Dont rush out and, purchase these check your local laws first.... Think First, Instead of Paying Later.... Wish all Well...

It is not having the badge that gets you in trouble. It is using it and saying you are a policeman or showing or displaying the badge in a manner that would lead to others believing you are a policeman. I am a correctional officer and in my state that qualifies me to carry under H.R. 218 as an LEO. So even as an LEO I never show my badge unless it is attached to my uniform and I am wearing it. I do not show my badge because the world is full of stupid people. People will put words in your mouth that you did not say. If I were in a situation where I needed to identify myself as an LEO I would use my ID card, not my badge. A young off duty C/O in my department decided to open carry which is legal in my state. He attached his badge to his belt next to his weapon and went out to a public event. Not a bright thing to do and as I said, people are stupid. It did not end well. So, if you want to buy a badge to impress girls or to play a prank on someone then go ahead. When you combine it with carrying a weapon you are taking an unnecessary chance that could turn out differently than you expected.

So what we are saying here is (a) carry concealed; (b) carry the "concealed carry" badge; (c) carry the "I'm not a LEO" badge.

For the 'concealed carry' badge to work, one would have to hide the 'Im not a LEO' badge and have a barrel length of at least 9 inches IMHO.

Time to kill this thread, no? I think it has been flogged beyond what is reasonable and we're getting punchy.

So what we are saying here is (a) carry concealed; (b) carry the "concealed carry" badge; (c) carry the "I'm not a LEO" badge.

For the 'concealed carry' badge to work, one would have to hide the 'Im not a LEO' badge and have a barrel length of at least 9 inches IMHO.

Time to kill this thread, no? I think it has been flogged beyond what is reasonable and we're getting punchy.

What is being said is do not carry a badge unless you are a policeman. Yes, it is time to kill this thread.

I agree with Hawkeye on this But, when you Deceide to carry a Badge the General Public Nor, LEO Knows your Intentions. You are saying to them I am an Police Officer and, that in it self is an chargeable offense Impersenation is serious these days Just be carful on whatever you Deceide to do My believe is Out of Site, Out of Mind If you feel strongly about carrying a badge Do it legally Join an Department. LEO'S PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE EVRYTIME THEY PUT THERE BADGE ON they deserve our upmost Respect for doing what they do. They Deserve the right to wear their badges we as the general Public do not dont pretend to be something your not good luck if you deceide to wear your CCW Badge. wish all of you well

Respectfully,
Trophyhunter

Years ago when Florida was the first to issue CCP's back in the early 80's you could buy a badge that had the Florida seal and had the five point star and your permit number. Since then they passed a law against it . I bought one of them and tossed it into a drawer and it has been there since. It is blurred on purpose as I still have the same number.
hsjjbq.jpg

Years ago when Florida was the first to issue CCP's back in the early 80's you could buy a badge that had the Florida seal and had the five point star and your permit number. Since then they passed a law against it . I bought one of them and tossed it into a drawer and it has been there since. It is blurred on purpose as I still have the same number.
hsjjbq.jpg

NICE. How many boxes of cracker jacks did you have to eat to get it??:biggrin::biggrin:

You fella's know if the Humane Society finds out we have artificially kept this thread alive this long we are in REAL trouble. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back