County by County Status

How close do you live to a scumbaghotel (prison). What kinds of crime have been commited in your area.

Check with NYS rifle and pistol organization for advice and or a gun friendly lawyer to help fill out.

People have done this successfully DO NOT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL!

Good Luck

Here is how they think: $$

Anyway, I'm thinking that I might put my ethnicity down, and I might be a target because of that. They probably won't like that, but it's the only semi-good reason I can think for an excuse to carry it at all times. :D Then I could tell the judge he is racist if he denies it. LOL! It's the perfect scheme!:laugh: (Obviously I don't really think I'm going to be targeted because of it) But hey, I'm moving to the city (no, not New York City) next month so things could changed rapidly in the way different ethnic groups get along, no? On the other hand, that kind of goes along with "personal safety" which they don't allow you to put down, so who knows if it will work. :( What do you think?
Please don't play the race card. First off, it does no good for inter-racial relations. Second, it may be interpreted as "incase Obama is removed from office because it was proven he isn't a citizen, and a race riot breaks out."

Seriously, I want you to get your permit. I don't think that is the way to do it.

How close do you live to a scumbaghotel (prison). What kinds of crime have been commited in your area.

Check with NYS rifle and pistol organization for advice and or a gun friendly lawyer to help fill out.

People have done this successfully DO NOT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL!

Good Luck

The closest prison is Auburn. But I will be temporarily moving to Syracuse next month and I'm not sure what the closest prison is. Do you have any recommendations on a lawyer?

Utimmer> I know what you mean, I was being semi-sarcastic about the race thing.

Do not know of one off the cuff. But if I had to take a WAG (wild ass guess) off the top I'd try Billy Gillberti. He is very good at what he does.

Billy big timeenvironmental but should have a connection somewhere. Link Removed copy and paste if this not work google firearm or gun attorneys

Billy big timeenvironmental but should have a connection somewhere. Link Removed copy and paste if this not work google firearm or gun attorneys

All right, thanks. I'll have to check him out. I don't see anything firearm related on that website, but you're right, lots of environmental things so there is probably a connection!

I'm actually interested in this firm...they have their Rochester offices right down the street from by stock broker's office. WAYYYY back in the day (20 yrs ago), I used to work at 1212 Pittsford Victor rd when it belonged to Rochester Community Savings.

Anyway, the Government Relations seems to be the closest fit, let's hope they can help. Let us know if you talk to them how they were as I'm always on the lookout for a good Landshark (lawyer).

Just tell the judge your gay and that you've been threatened and harassed. Democrats are all about gay rights aren't they? It'll be a tough one for the judge to decide.

Here is the latest version of the map. I turned Ulster County yellow, as they are now issuing all permits restricted to premises and target. I have first hand accounts from three individuals I personally know who confirm this.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Friends,

I am letting you know of my success in getting a Full Conceal Carry permit WITHOUT limitations. I live in Cayuga County. :pleasantry:

I received mine last week. Not unrestricted, but not too restrictive.
I guess for Genesee County, this is about as good as it gets from what I've been told.

I'll take it. Maybe the Supreme Court will come to the rescue next year.

fataugie, can you elaborate a little on your restrictions? I have Genesee County as green on the map. If they are issuing restricted permits, perhaps it should be yellow.

Thanks!

I got my license first in Orange county with restrictions on it. I recently moved to Ulster county. When I went in to have my permit changed over to the new county, I requested that the restrictions were removed. Unbelievably, the judge granted my request. I have been waiting for my new permit card for over 2 weeks now though. They are really backed up.

I got my license first in Orange county with restrictions on it. I recently moved to Ulster county. When I went in to have my permit changed over to the new county, I requested that the restrictions were removed. Unbelievably, the judge granted my request. I have been waiting for my new permit card for over 2 weeks now though. They are really backed up.

It can take up to a month to get your new card in. Give the pistol permit unit a call. They are extremely nice and can probably check for you. When they get your card back from the judge they send out a letter. It can take them some time to send out that letter though, but a phone call could take a second.

Oh yeah. The clerks are great. I called and spoke to "the Girl" on Friday of last week. She remembered me, and said that I should try her again tomorrow. I'm hoping she will let me stop by and pick it up instead of waiting for the mail. Ill be running around tomorrow anyway, and I need to get finger printed for my UTAH Non Res permit. I'd like to kill a few birds with one stone if I can.

Like I said in my last post. The people at the Permit Office are great! I called this morning. She found my card and held it for me till I got to the office to pick it up. Of Course I could have waited till I got it in the mail, but I didnt want to be without it for another 2 weeks.

FYI, I got this off the Ulster County Website:

TYPES OF PERMITS
Premises: A permit issued for the protection of the business or residence premises. The use of the loaded pistol for protection is restricted to the INSIDE of the specified address on the permit.
Carry: This permit allows you to possess and carry concealed, without regard to employment or place of possession, by any person when proper cause exists for the issuance thereof. (P.L. 400-2-F) All Permits are issued "Good Until Revoked."

BUYING A HANDGUN
Once you have picked up your new permit and purchase coupon you have 30 days in which you may purchase a pistol. Generally, most individuals have a bill of sale from a dealer or individual and present it at the time they pick up their permit. The coupon must then be given to the dealer in order to take possession of the weapon. The purchase of a handgun can only be from a valid permit holder, a firearms dealer or a police or peace officer. The bill of sale must include the make, model, caliber, type and serial number.

PURCHASING AN ADDITIONAL WEAPON
Additional handguns may be purchased and registered on your permit by completing a permit amendment (in duplicate). The forms are available at the Pistol Permit Bureau. The bill of sale must include the make, model, serial number, type and caliber of the gun being acquired, and name, address, and permit number of both buyer and seller.

SELLING A HANDGUN
If you wish to sell a handgun which is registered on your permit, you must provide the buyer with a dated bill of sale. The bill of sale must have your name, address, phone number and pistol permit number. It must also include the make, model, type, caliber and serial number of the handguns being sold, given, transferred, or co-registered. It must include buyers name, address and permit number. You are also required to notify the Pistol Permit Bureau that you are no longer in possession of the weapon(s).

AMNESTY LAW (P.L. 265.20-F)
When a Pistol Permit holder is deceased, the Executor or Administrator of the Estate must dispose of the handgun(s) within 15 days to a Dealer, a valid Pistol Permit holder or any Police Department or Sheriff 's Office.
Any person who voluntarily surrenders to any Police or Sheriff's Department (under their terms) an Unregistered handgun, is granted amnesty from prosecution for Unlawful possession. You should call the Police or Sheriff 's Office before bringing in any weapons.

NAME CHANGE
If you have changed your name because of marriage or for other legal reasons you must provide the Pistol Permit Bureau with a Marriage Certificate or Legal Court Documents verifying the change.
ADDRESS CHANGE
Should you change the address listed on your permit you must come to the Pistol Permit Bureau no later than ten days after the change becomes effective. If you move to a different County within NY State, you must make arrangements to have your Pistol Permit records transferred by contacting the Ulster County Clerks Office.

LOST OR MUTILATED PERMIT
If your permit becomes mutilated or lost you must notify the Pistol Permit Bureau and complete a request for a duplicate permit form.

SUMMARY

A prompt report must be made to the Pistol Permit Bureau under the following circumstances:

A. Loss of Firearm
B. Loss or Mutilation of Pistol Permit
C. Change of Business or Residence Address
D. Arrest, Indictment or Conviction in any jurisdiction
E. Intent to dispose of firearm(s)

Permit holder must be in possession of permit at all times while carrying firearms. Permit holder should endeavor to engage in periodic practice at an authorized range.
To assure maximum safety, proper safeguards must be taken at all times to keep firearms away from unauthorized persons, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN.

Firearms should not be left in the glove compartment or trunk of autos, or any place where unauthorized persons may readily have access to them.

A permit holder shall not take physical possession of a handgun prior to obtaining a purchase coupon from the Sheriff's Office.

Any violation of the criminal law as well as excessive use of alcohol, violent domestic fraction or abuse, erratic behavior, drug abuse or abuse of driving privileges or the failure to exercise reasonable safety precautions with respect to your firearms, may result in the suspension or revocation of your Pistol Permit.

A Pistol Permit holder is authorized to use ONLY the firearm(s) that are registered on their permit.
Upon demand, a Pistol Permit holder must show their permit to any Police or Peace officer acting in an official capacity.

You are not to laminate nor alter your permit in any way.

Your Pistol Permit is valid in all of New York State only. However, it is NOT valid in the City of New York and in other states.

For more information on pistol permits, visit the Pistol Permit Bureau at the New York State Police website, or follow this link to New York Gun Laws. Follow this link for information on the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

REMEMBER TO PRACTICE GUN SAFETY!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back